TONI&GUY

TONI&GUY Employee Reviews

United Kingdom255 reviews
great place to work
Toni&Guy was a great place to work as you do get to know your clients and you treat each other as friends. Same with the staff, they're not just your colleagues, they're friends too. Coming out of school to go into full time work can be a bit full on but you always felt welcoming when working there.
shambles
Management couldn't cut their way out of a wet paper bag. The owner/ manager once told me she wasn't smart enough to run a salon. I'm kind so I said she was, but in reality, by her own admission, owning a salon was the equivalent to owning a nice handbag.
very stressful place towork
would never work for the company ever again. the pay is awful. Minimum wage for working like a dog. not a liveable wage at all. management is awful. the manager is going out with one of the stylists and is very inappropriate with many of the girls that work that and messages one of the apprentices in not a manager way. its one of the worse places I have ever worked in my life. I have never felt so demotivated in all my life. I'm not saying they are all like this but the Dorchester branch is awful and needs a whole new management. very unfair mistreatment to some and not to others. just sadly not what you would expect from such a big company.
Creative team
Workplace culture is busy with customers and salon hygiene. Typical 8 hours working day, shifts changing weekly. Learned and improved my skills thanks to company education policy. Learned to work independently and as a part of team, multitasking.
Really good team
My experience was really helpful and beneficial for my development because of the every day contact with so many customers as you are working in a really fast pace environment.
The only thing that i would like to be changed is the way the management is on the salon.

Like more tests and preparation about the selection who is the proper person for this position.

Also a little bit more time for training could be good.
It was alright
It was okay but you have to be consistent and fast because it’ll normally be busy and you have to make sure everything clean and ready for the staff to use
I trained in toninandguy and done my nvq
Hours are very long
All staff are polite

It’s frustrating sometimes when the client doesn’t know what she wants and you need to patient with the client so you can understand and solve problems

I Love blow drying and colouring
fun and productive salon
It is a fast paced and fun environment, with a great team who work hard and deliver excellent results, customer service and a can do attitude. Would highly recommend.
Good
fantastic training provided, fast paced busy working salon. Training provided fantastic, however not much incentive to earn the salon more money and dont see alot of it yourself
Pros
Training
Cons
Money
Great atmosphere, very professional, fast paced so never boring. Pay is good, staff are all friendly. Being in the city centre meant lots of walk in clients so there was never a dull moment
Poor franchise
I worked for this company from age 16-22 and reaped no real rewards. The manager would have us cleaning skirt boards with tint brushes for minimum wage. God forbid you were unwell.
No a nice atmosphere to work in but I wanted training and I was naive and did not know my worth at that age. Now at 28 I work as a nurse and would never work for a company like them again. Luckily, thafranchise has now closed
Great!
Absolutely love working for Toni&Guy, the staff are super friendly and I never felt out of place. Everyone has great personalities which makes its quite a fun work place.
Review
Toni and guy was a challenging experience but also a lot of fun the training was amazing but how the assistants got treated wasn’t always the best. But overall a great experience loving welcome group of very talented stylists.
Good
Overall working for Toni&Guy is a great experience. It takes hard work and dedication but brings out the best in you. You meet amazing people who work for the company but also get to interact with lovely clientele.
alright
My job consisted of washing hair, making tea and coffee, cleaning the salon, greeting clients, toning and treating hair, etc. The management is great but the staff are friendly. Most of the time the salon is fairly busy so it's more a case of being on your feet all the whole time rather than being stressful or boring.
Awful enviroment
Initially enjoyed working there. But the manager was awful. Very two faced and does drugs. The Top stylist has so many complaints and insults people as well and even though you complain nothing is done. Staff seem to 'disappear' for ridiculous reasons, even though you know they are fired due to the manager not liking them they say "hes gone on holiday" or "Personal reasons". Being a receptionist, the days are very slow but they try to get you to do assistant jobs as well, your breaks are constantly disrupted as well.
Pros
Free haircuts
Cons
Horrible management. Awful atmosphere
Not amazing
Stressful environment to work in, bad management and friends and family felt uncomfortable/not welcome when they came in to the salon sometimes. Some of the staff were lovely though.
horrid
hated my time here, managers shocking didnt care about the staff use to take money from the assistants cash box spend it on themselves, it was a cold gloomy place that use to reciebe complaints after complaints Bury Salon?
fun, but underpaid severely
was very fun working here, people were great. however, the pay was incredibly low and employees are treated as expendable. great discount and benefits of products and free haircuts - but that does not make up for the incredibly low pay.
Review for Toni&Guy
During my time and Toni&Guy I found my boss to be rude and patronising I also found my co workers to be the same. It was an unfriendly and intimidating environment. I would not recommend
Apprentice role - Brighton branch
The team itself is fun to work with, however in order to enjoy your role on a day to day basis, you must be be passionate about hairdressing and ready to work in a fast paced and occasionally stressful environment