TONI&GUY Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Hairdresser Stylist/Staff trainer (Former Employee) –  Colchester1 March 2019
Really good training but very hard and stressful sometimes. Great opportunities to work your way through the company and lots of different directions that can be taken
Pros
Fun
horrible
Hairdressing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire20 February 2019
when working here I felt like I was picked on everyday. I had a serious on and off condiation which they unfortunately did not bekeive at the time, as a result they told me to not come back.
First class training
Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Liverpool4 February 2019
As this was my first employment from school, It is the perfect salon to have gone to for my training.
Staff were always teaching and making sure we were performing to the best of our ability.
Couldn't have asked for a more professional team.
Pros
City centre
Cons
Being asked to choose between stylist and colour technician
Good
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Leicester16 January 2019
The fellow co-workers are really nice and friendly as well as understanding, the management wasn’t the best but they have changed management since and it’s a lot better
Fantastic team and fun workplace
Salon Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 January 2019
The team at Toni&Guy are welcoming and friendly. They have helped me develop my skills in the workplace and are always appreciative of the work the salon assistants do. They all value working as a team and making their clients feel special.
Pros
Lovely team
Cons
Poor pay
Good workplace
Stylist technician (Former Employee) –  Braintree, Essex31 December 2018
I enjoyed working at Toni and guy however I have now decided I need a new adventure. It was a lovely company to work for but it just wasn’t working for me anymore.
very nice workspace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  london17 December 2018
I worked here for my work experience a while back and then got offered a Saturday job< they are very kind caring and understanding I was able do schedule my life and work around eachother.
Fun
Hairdressing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greater London14 December 2018
The workplace was fun and engaging and allowed me to get along with returning customers of the company. also i had learnt and developed new skills which i can now refer to new situations in my time.
Good training academy
IQA, assessor, tutor (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 December 2018
Job is to train NVQ, assessors and monitor and maintain quality of work. I liked my job but it's not run very well by management. Good pay but no benefit scheme.
never again..
Hairdresser (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford26 November 2018
never got a chance to progress loads of promises were made but never kept had to leave as they wanted to drop my wages but still wanted me to work the same hours.
Pros
hair done for free
Always under appreciated
Assistant/ technician (Current Employee) –  Deansgate Manchester20 November 2018
Although a good company to work with for education and gaining experience. Most franchises don’t appreciate how much time and effort you put in and to them you’re easily replaced. Management is sloppy and the whole company needs a complete revamp
Pros
Flawless education
Cons
Poor management
i learnt lots
Trainee Hairdresser (Former Employee) –  Christchurch12 November 2018
i learnt lots of new skills while i was here, i also gained some reception skills and how to deal with cituations. i had a lot of experience with the genral public.
Very welcoming
Junior Hairdresser (Former Employee) –  Mayfair11 November 2018
I enjoyed my time and Toni&Guy. I found the staff very welcoming and patient with teaching me the salon's routine. When i got there the manager introduced me to all the staff. Informed me on some regular customers and went through all the precortions for different situations. The workplace was very comfortable atmosphere.
Pros
Making the clients feel happy and beautiful
Cons
Standing up for al long period of time
Very productive
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Reigate, Surrey6 November 2018
It is very hard to work here as it is a full time busy salon, it’s constant on foot. It was fun to interact with the clients and the co-workers. Whilst working there I loved cleaning the toilets the salon floors and washing up the cups for tea.
Pros
Pay day was good
Cons
Always on feet
decent
ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London29 October 2018
Decent place to work. All your hard work is definitely NOT appreciated tho. Very bossy team members and your often asked to do more than your paid job.
Innovative and Fun!
Salon Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London22 October 2018
This role helped to mold and develop me into the enthusiastic employee I am today. A fast pace setting with a family feel. I was taught the foundations of customer care and adapting to the needs of the customers.
Booking and appointments were vital so organisation and initiative are essential.
Pros
free stylist
Cons
Essentials mailbox Toni and guy franchise
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Birmingham mailbox20 October 2018
Little to no training given in a year, long hours general dogs body, cleaning up stylists dinner plates and cups £3.70 per hour of which out of that you have to buy Toni and guy brushes etc and working over 40 hours unpaid is expected modern day slave labour
Pros
The name toni and guy
Cons
No training in 12 months, uses apprentices as modern day slaves
Experience quality dependant on which franchise
Colour Technician (Former Employee) –  Buxton12 October 2018
Unfortunately it really does depend on who your franchise is run by, some are very good with great structure and management, great staff moral and excellent room for education and progression. Others are very poorly run, basic pay and not paid for the actual time you work or out of normal hours training. This is all expected to be done unpaid and you pay the travel etc.
Management is irrational and unstructured.
However, their training is very good and it is a great foundation to your career with opportunity to work at fashion week, access to high standard training, international opportunities of work and a great name to have on your CV.
Pros
Access to great training, good name to have on your CV, international brand.
Cons
Long hours, poorly/unfair pay, poor management.
Outgoing customers and friendly vibes
Hairdressing Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Winchester19 September 2018
Toni and guy was a work place to meet nice welcoming people who made my job a fun and relaxing place to work in.at the same time Wilste focusing on the customers needs.
Pros
Friendly custom
Cons
Short staffed
fun and great team
Assistant Technician (Former Employee) –  London10 September 2018
lovely team at wimbledon learnt how to become a useful team member and work to enable client care and confidence in the brand. I gained my NVQ and confidence in the hairdressing field

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TONI&GUY. Our community is ready to answer.