Tommies Childcare

Tommies Childcare Employee Reviews

Enjoy working for Tommies have a child focused culture. More than one nursery so get to interact with others and have fun group days. Adaptive and happy to accommodate when have issues. Like listening to staff and take on opinions
Pros
Fun
My interview was very good and was given a variety of situations to answer. The staff were very friendly and welcoming as soon as I walked in the door. The management were very friendly and professional, which made me feel even more comfortable and confident, as i can get very nervous and anxious. It is a lovely company to work for and would highly recommend them to anyone who enjoys the best experience of working in childcare.
Tommies has been the best nursery experience i have had, all the staff are friendly and welcoming, they have such a passion and drive for the children that is supported by a great on site management team and head office team. It feels more like a family than work.
I have only been with tommies since september but alteady feel that i am part of the team and valued as an individual by all. Would reccomend to anyone that wanted a job that pays well and has great benifits.
I have only been with Tommies for a short time, however, I cannot explain how welcomed I have been made to feel, it can only be compared to walking into an extended family. The benefits offered are extensive, the support is incredible and all levels of staff are very professional. I have found Tommies to be an extremely happy place to work but above all the care given to the children is exceptional. I am so pleased I made the decision to join the ever expanding team and am excited about my future with them.
An terrible place to work your just another number to the manager, they make you feel bad if your ever off sick and basically tell you that you must go in, they don’t care about the welfare of staff at all it’s a horrible environment to work in with all the back stabbing that goes on and they have an unrealistic work load as the manger said if you don’t fit they manage them out
Official response from Tommies Childcare
24 February 2020
It is with regret that you feel so negatively about your experience as an employee of Tommies Childcare. We pride ourselves on our commitment to employee engagement, ensuring that everything we do aims to support our employees in feeling fulfilled in their roles. You would have been given the opportunity as part of your resignation to take part in an exit interview, and we encourage all feedback whether positive or negative, as we strive to continually improve the workplace environment we offer. If this is something that you would still like to complete please do let us know.
I have been with Tommies for 3 years now and have loved every moment of it! I work with such an amazing team at my setting who will always lend a helping hand to anyone who needs it! It’s such a loving and caring company who support there staff in many ways! They push you in your career to develop in any way they can. There is an amazing benefits package which includes an annual awards ball every year which is always amazing! I am with this company for the long run and highly recommend it!
I had never done childcare until I worked for tommies and it was the best choice I made. The support that you are given throughout the company is much appreciated by all. Tommies is a big family, they take the time to get to know you as an individual as well as a team and also as a company wide team. The opportunities and career progression that is widely available and encouraged within the company is brilliant and you are supported through out.
Avoid working for them much better nursery settings the manger was lovely new to role treated me with total respect and the modern apprentice, has for the deputy manager awful total bullying to her team all I no i in team,the setting had no structure to the routine staff never got home on time,spoken to in a derogatory way day in day out! Wrote to head office staff leaving all the time .
As with most jobs had advantages and disadvantages. I worked at one of the smaller settings the company owned. Overall not too bad and team members made the job worthwhile.
very organised and enjoyable place to work. staff are friendly and willing to help each other. I feel challenged and motivated and very happy in my job role.
Pros
excellent benefits package
Cons
I have been working for Tommies Childcare for 5 years now. It is a fun and exciting workplace to be involved in. This job is very fulfilling and stimulating. The company has a excellent benefits package. it is important you have a positive and up beat attitude as we having a happy and enjoyable working environment.
Pros
good pay, feel valued, have a good relationship with the management team
Cons
I have worked for Tommies Childcare for 4 years and can honestly say it is the best company I have every worked for. Tommies Childcare go over and above for their staff team offering them extensive training and a very exciting benefits package. Throughout my time at Tommies Childcare I have worked in various sites and can honestly say that our staff teams are fantastic. Not only are they passionate about what they do, they bring excitement and new ideas to their roles each day. Staff are also given a voice within Tommies Childcare which allows all staff to contribute to the success of the organisation. This was recently noted when entering the Times Top 100 Companies and being ranked one of the Best Smallest Companies to work for. As Times Top 100 is all about engagement, we were delighted to see that the staff team themselves feel engaged and love working for such an innovating organisation. Moving to Tommies Childcare was the best decision I ever made and I am so thankful for all the opportunities and experiences they have offered me.
Pros
Brilliant benefits package, extensive training opportunities, family run business, Succession planning offered for all staff, promotions available within the organisation due to various sites
Everyone at Tommies Childcare is so welcoming and friendly. i have had lots of support since starting here and been giving lots of training opportunities too. Tommies like to see there employees achieve new things and be the best at what they do. The management team listen to what the staff say as they understand that with out the staff who are hands on the company would not function properly.I love the homely feel that Tommies provides and this is what make Tommies stand out for me. Everyone is hands on both in the settings and at head office and staff are constantly recognized for there achievements and going above and beyond.
Pros
staff benefits
Have been working for Tommies for the last few months and have to say they are a very good company to work for. Having worked for a larger organisation you tend to get lost in the company however here at tommies they really do pride themselves in how they look after their employees. Been amazing few months working for Tommies.
This is a great company to work for. You gets loads of benefits which are over and above other nurseries I have worked for. There are great career opportunities for people who work hard.
Pros
Free uniform, performance related pay, staff welfare budget, career opportunities
I've loved working at Tommies Childcare since I joined. Being in quite a small office team has enabled me to develop some fantastic working relationships. The company has a heavy focus on employee engagement and staff welfare, and this has made working for Tommies an incredibly rewarding and enjoyable experience.
Pros
Service Days, Attendance Rewards, Refer a Friend Scheme, Childcare Discounts, Great Company Culture
I was given loads of new and challenging oppourtines to gain more experience and knowledge to progress my child care career in many different ways learnt how stressful it is to work in a nursery
i enjoyed working with the children but the manager was quite rude and the hours was quite long and didn't enjoy working with my colleagues because i felt like they didn't want me there
Pros
enjoyed working with the children
Cons
I look after a 4yr boy with autism. My 1:1 role is fantastic, I'm learning more and more. I have taught him Makaton, PECs, flash cards, numbers, colours, describing pictures in books, I love it! The staff are so nice, they don't treat me as an outsider, I feel involved and part of the team.
Pros
The amazingly clever young autistic boy!
Cons
Travelling to Coventry
Great place to work, work varies and is interesting. Lots of training opportunities and opportunities to work on different projects.
  1. Employee reviews