TOGETHER TRUST Employee Reviews

Fostering isChallenging
Foster Carer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside17 October 2018
No 2 days are the same , very rewarding when you feel that you have made a difference in a child's life, when they move on to better things & a better future
Pros
Lots of training
Cons
Always have to be available
Not good at all
RESIDENTIAL SOCIAL CARE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Stockport26 May 2018
Lucky to work with your own staff on shift, and not an agency member of staff. Had to wait to complete handover after sustaining an injury which needed hospital attention. then no Occupational Health. Requested changes of supervisor when not happy and denied constantly. Staff turnover dramatically high.
Pros
The kids, job satisfaction, Cheaper bills at home because EVERY shift is 24 hours long, so you're never at home!
Cons
Pretty much everything organisational
No DBS Check
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cheadle, Cheshire3 May 2018
I have been working here since November 2017 as a cleaner with no dbs check took till march 2018 for me to ask to get one and they were even shocked I did not have one! they should check this even before I start work there! took the money from me to do checks but did not do them. well its brightgroup who they use for cleaning but both should check neither did.
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester26 April 2018
A small home with 4-5 young people with autism. Great staff team and mix. We help them in all aspects of daily life and get them in interact with the community more. We deal with all types of other agencies and family's too.
Absent manager
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cheadle8 March 2018
Worker a day on supply, never again. I was able to walk around without an badge for whole day unchallenged.

The deputy found me wondering from class to class about lunch time then took me to my actual class I was covering then asked me what work they should be doing the second she took me into the class!

Safeguarding errors high staff turnover and retention and poor results points to a problem with management, you work out the rest .......
Pros
Near the pub
Cons
It's not been shut down yet
Not what you expect from a large company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cheadle13 February 2018
Poor Management at a certain level. lack of support very disjointed. Lack of leadership over worked. Appears to be incestuous if you arnt part of the click then you will struggle to move forward.
I found the clients being supported are generally happy and safe but lives could be enhanced with better support. Frustrating to know so much more could be done but I feel social care is under so much financial pressure to deliver cheap services. For a charity I think they need to look at management structure and pay scales not enough at support level.
Pros
Paid on time lovely client group.
Cons
Poor attitude from HR.
The Together Trust was a good company to work for it was The Boys And Girls Welfare Society
Night Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockport2 June 2017
The Together Trust has had many changes over the years. I understand social care has had to go through lots of changes to be competitive in the market place, but some of the changes are not reflecting this . Training is not as good salaries have been cut and team work under our new manager is none existent this I feel is impacting on the care of the young people I support , by her own admission she's a control freak and we have to do things her way . This feels like a conflict of duty of care. The care of these young adults is so complex we've gone from one waking night to three waking nights. The new manager has also change our hours of work twice since January without written confirmation, I feel that this is an unacceptable way to treat hard working conscientious staff .
Pros
Usually no food left for night staff unless you supply your own on a 10 hour shift
Cons
10 to 12 hour shift we have stayed to cover day staff arriving late for safe staffing levels
HR Assistant - Intern (Former Employee) –  Cheadle29 September 2016
Organizational culture yet to reflect current social climate.
Strong historical ties with community, struggles to break out of the norm.
Pros
Flexible Working
Cons
Technology
Friendly and professional
Admin (Current Employee) –  Cheadle1 July 2016
I have enjoyed working for Together Trust and am only seeking a new opportunity due to there being no current vacancies for the role I require
Dynamic, Creative and Nice Culture
Senior Residential Social Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Stockport1 June 2016
Typical day at work is challenging and busy, learning new things about young peoples behavior and setting them new targets for their development.

Good management - supportive and approachable

Good staff team - friendly, supportive and positive

Hardest part of the job is sometimes the hours

Enjoyable Part of the job is seeing young people happy and developing, spending time with them and supporting them to achieve. Also supporting and developing staff
Pros
Flexible, Nice Staff Team
Cons
Limited Opportunities for Development
every day is different
Full Time, Residential social care Worker (Former Employee) –  Cheadle Hulme6 February 2016
In my current role, I am key worker to three young people, I actively listen and communicate with them, their families, social workers, schools and local authorities ensuring the needs of each individual is met.
Alongside this, I support thirty eight young people equally, no discrimination but with dignity and respect, seeing them as individuals. Privacy is of paramount importance for each young person, as is safe guarding protection from any danger or harm that may come to them, all of this encompassed within my daily routine.

To further my knowledge and understanding of the breadth of this field, I completed a sabbatical within a residential community placement for young adults who have learning difficulties, physical disabilities and challenging behaviour. This gave me a greater insight to the diversity of additional needs and the variety of skills required for the differing abilities. This time strengthened my knowledge and experience on returning to working within the respite unit and informed my work to a deeper level and utilised the skills that were transferable.

Since my sabbatical, my additional responsibility is to oversee a smooth transition moving from children and young people service to adult services. In order to complete this transition, the individual transition passports are compiled from communication aids including, photography and social stories.
These are produced based upon their individual needs taking into account their choices, personalities and specific communication route.
These individual needs are communicated to adult services so that
  more... the young person gains the correct placement meeting their needs.
I have been complimented several times that my approach helps each young person to be valued and feel secure, something I feel encouraged by.
Pros
great team
Cons
all staff have had a pay freeze
A happy environment and very rewarding job
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Stockport, ENG2 January 2014
I work as part of a team of support workers and facilitators. We organize the day in two main activities which the young people choose to take part in, this is rotated every twelve weeks to accommodate everyone. We also support with medication, personal care needs and reviews with parents/ social workers. The team are very supportive of each other and work together well. The most difficult part of the job can be dealing with behaviours but I have 13 years experience of this. My most enjoyable part is seeing the young people grow in confidence as they become more independent and seeing their faces when they access activities or places they may not be able to from home.
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
Low income