TOGETHER TRUST

TOGETHER TRUST Employee Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews
Friendly colleagues and staff.
The people within the workplace were very friendly and helpful. However, in my experience there was a lack of work - life balance and expectations of individual's woking there were too high.
Dangerous Organisation.
Do not join this nasty organisation. They should be shut down. I would not trust this organisation to safe-guard my dog. To all Local Authorities. This organisation is motivated by greed and ego and has nothing but contempt for it's work-force. Further-More Local Authorities they tell you all types of lies to secure contracts.
Together should have a clear model of inducting new employees
The company has a very pragmatic approach to caring for its service users.They need to make it a priority to follow up workers and assist them as much as they can.They should not expect new employees to know everything.
Back stabbing. Poor management
I learnt how to handle people.Management badly trained. HR never returned calls. Only take the job if you need the money. Poor pay. Bullying by management.
supporting students in the classroom
I really enjoyed giving 1:1 support to the students, watching there progress was incredibly rewarding. i enjoyed forming different relationships with staff and students and transferring the skills i had learnt in life to the different situations i faced on a daily basis.
Steer Well Clear of this Company
Do not be fooled by the charity status, this is very much a for profit organisation. Management structure is a dangerous mix of immorality and incompetence. Service users are not provided with the levels of support they desperately need due to management decisions that prioritise profits. High turnover of staff. Dangerous working practices. Staff are routinely intimidated and bullied if they raise very valid concerns about the running of the units and safety and welfare of service users and co-workers. Woeful lack of transparency to social workers and local authorities. I would advice anybody considering working for this company to steer well clear and I would implore anyone considering placing a vulnerable adult into the care of this organisation to look elsewhere.
Suspicious work environment
Everyone's always on edge. ambushed into meetings on a moments notice. Theres to much mistrust. Hours are not flexible enough rigid lack of common sense.
Badly managed at ground level, bullying culture
Only realised how bad it was after I left. Managers protect themselves and some appear lazy and delegate to staff who do the work with no credit or thanks.

Cliquey and “if your face fits” culture, lots of back stabbing and nastiness. Bullying amongst staff turned a blind eye to.
Pros
Lovely client base
Cons
Nasty managers, some rude and inappropriate staff.
Old Lady Network
If you don't fit in with this Old Lady Network you won't last long. Male staff beware. Together Trust is one of those organisations that could and should be really good but your face has to fit and you need to placate the right people.
Cons
Unpleasant mamagement team.
Fostering isChallenging
No 2 days are the same , very rewarding when you feel that you have made a difference in a child's life, when they move on to better things & a better future
Pros
Lots of training
Cons
Always have to be available
Good company to work for
This was a good company to work for even though it was a short term employment during my summer break. Work included office duties as well as archiving duties.
Not good at all
Lucky to work with your own staff on shift, and not an agency member of staff. Had to wait to complete handover after sustaining an injury which needed hospital attention. then no Occupational Health. Requested changes of supervisor when not happy and denied constantly. Staff turnover dramatically high.
Pros
The kids, job satisfaction, Cheaper bills at home because EVERY shift is 24 hours long, so you're never at home!
Cons
Pretty much everything organisational
No DBS Check
I have been working here since November 2017 as a cleaner with no dbs check took till march 2018 for me to ask to get one and they were even shocked I did not have one! they should check this even before I start work there! took the money from me to do checks but did not do them. well its brightgroup who they use for cleaning but both should check neither did.
A small home with 4-5 young people with autism. Great staff team and mix. We help them in all aspects of daily life and get them in interact with the community more. We deal with all types of other agencies and family's too.
Absent manager
Worker a day on supply, never again. I was able to walk around without an badge for whole day unchallenged.

The deputy found me wondering from class to class about lunch time then took me to my actual class I was covering then asked me what work they should be doing the second she took me into the class!

Safeguarding errors high staff turnover and retention and poor results points to a problem with management, you work out the rest .......
Pros
Near the pub
Cons
It's not been shut down yet
Not what you expect from a large company
Poor Management at a certain level. lack of support very disjointed. Lack of leadership over worked. Appears to be incestuous if you arnt part of the click then you will struggle to move forward.
I found the clients being supported are generally happy and safe but lives could be enhanced with better support. Frustrating to know so much more could be done but I feel social care is under so much financial pressure to deliver cheap services. For a charity I think they need to look at management structure and pay scales not enough at support level.
Pros
Paid on time lovely client group.
Cons
Poor attitude from HR.
The Together Trust was a good company to work for it was The Boys And Girls Welfare Society
The Together Trust has had many changes over the years. I understand social care has had to go through lots of changes to be competitive in the market place, but some of the changes are not reflecting this . Training is not as good salaries have been cut and team work under our new manager is none existent this I feel is impacting on the care of the young people I support , by her own admission she's a control freak and we have to do things her way . This feels like a conflict of duty of care. The care of these young adults is so complex we've gone from one waking night to three waking nights. The new manager has also change our hours of work twice since January without written confirmation, I feel that this is an unacceptable way to treat hard working conscientious staff .
Pros
Usually no food left for night staff unless you supply your own on a 10 hour shift
Cons
10 to 12 hour shift we have stayed to cover day staff arriving late for safe staffing levels
Organizational culture yet to reflect current social climate.
Strong historical ties with community, struggles to break out of the norm.
Pros
Flexible Working
Cons
Technology
Friendly and professional
I have enjoyed working for Together Trust and am only seeking a new opportunity due to there being no current vacancies for the role I require
Dynamic, Creative and Nice Culture
Typical day at work is challenging and busy, learning new things about young peoples behavior and setting them new targets for their development.

Good management - supportive and approachable

Good staff team - friendly, supportive and positive

Hardest part of the job is sometimes the hours

Enjoyable Part of the job is seeing young people happy and developing, spending time with them and supporting them to achieve. Also supporting and developing staff
Pros
Flexible, Nice Staff Team
Cons
Limited Opportunities for Development
every day is different
In my current role, I am key worker to three young people, I actively listen and communicate with them, their families, social workers, schools and local authorities ensuring the needs of each individual is met.
Alongside this, I support thirty eight young people equally, no discrimination but with dignity and respect, seeing them as individuals. Privacy is of paramount importance for each young person, as is safe guarding protection from any danger or harm that may come to them, all of this encompassed within my daily routine.

To further my knowledge and understanding of the breadth of this field, I completed a sabbatical within a residential community placement for young adults who have learning difficulties, physical disabilities and challenging behaviour. This gave me a greater insight to the diversity of additional needs and the variety of skills required for the differing abilities. This time strengthened my knowledge and experience on returning to working within the respite unit and informed my work to a deeper level and utilised the skills that were transferable.

Since my sabbatical, my additional responsibility is to oversee a smooth transition moving from children and young people service to adult services. In order to complete this transition, the individual transition passports are compiled from communication aids including, photography and social stories.

These are produced based upon their individual needs taking into account their choices, personalities and specific communication route.

These individual needs are communicated to adult services so that
 - more...
Pros
great team
Cons
all staff have had a pay freeze