Timberland

United Kingdom38 reviews
I wouldn’t
My old Management was fantastic
(Manager/Supervisor)

But the staff above them was not. They do not care about you or your feelings. You’re a robot and you’re there to work. You’re not granted lee-way, your personal problems aren’t taken into consideration in any kind of way. They deal with you as a worker and not a person which is just not plausible and unethical.

You’re not allowed to become friends with your colleagues, you’re not allowed to have outside relationships, any type of “fun” had in store is immediately shot down.
Pros
There isn’t any
Cons
Management don’t care/pay is diabolical
Enriquecido por la empresa
Fue fácil adaptarse ya que los compañeros te ayudaban al principio cuando andabas un poco perdido y se respiraba buen ambiente de trabajo que es lo que realmente importa
Terrific Timberland’s
The brand has a amazing selection and representative quality being able to work with such an awesome product that you love and wholeheartedly appreciate is the best the staff and management are amazing to work for too
Pros
Uniform discount allowance a great environment and fabulous working day
Cons
Shoplifting
Really enjoyed working here however found it hard to balance work and course work.
I found that working with the team was great had lots of fun. However I mainly worked the late shifts and as I am a student and lived 30 mins away I was getting home late and not getting college work done.
Excellent company
Timberland are an exciting brand and company to work for ,very cool brand and very current again as a brand that's recognised and trusted and regarded as a major fashion brand of today with young and older customers alike .
Pros
Security in employment
Cons
Contracted hours
Fast but fair
My experience at Timberland at the start was fun and enjoyable, however while being at school I was expected to work 25 hour shifts per week and it took time away from studying. work was often fast paced with many customers. I was expected to work through my breaks despite being under 18 at the time and no one offered to check if I had a break. Once I worked over 7 hours without a break which is illegal if you are under 18. The salary is worth the work and the environment is fun.
working at Timberland
Job takes over, due to pressure to perform in flagship store. They really bagger you over small tasks like greeting, making it seam like your greeting is a problem that will be the downfall of the company. But, the variety of staff members hired is nice to see.
okay
working for timberlands, its not the greatest as the pay is very low, if not below minimum wage as well the senior staff are very pushy and hot your heels when something minor happens (e.g. positioning shoes not properly) staff in general are lazy and management is mediocre, as some staff on all levels need Improvement or shifting of position within the store.
overall the work culture is okay, the banter between staff and senior staff are good but making sales on a quiet period can be difficult.
Pros
high staff discount
Cons
poor management and lazy staff and low salary.
Very friendly environment
Staff were always friendly even when I was new. Helped me to gain a lot of confidence and taught me the best ways to sell to our customers. Very flexible when it was necessary, understood my need to prioritise school at times during the year.
Pros
Team work and friendliness
Cons
not great pay
Chilled work atmosphere
The job and management were really friendly whilst i worked there. However the assistant manager and store manager complained about each other a lot. The other staff members were nice. Usually quite quiet all day so days are long
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
Pay
Good Staff but hard place to work
Unfortunately, the reputation that Bicester Village has is a double-edged sword. On one hand, you have a buzzing working environment that keeps you on your toes. On the other, you have a constant battle with ignorant, expectant, and often rude customers. I experienced many managers in my time during my time in this job, therefore I cannot be particularly positive or negative as my experience was rather mixed. It's a good starter job, but becomes draining very quickly without much incentive.
Pros
Uniform, Flexible Hours
Cons
Rude Customers, Lack of Incentives
Interesting Job
At the time I was 16 years old, I loved the staff members I worked with, and the training and the job itself was interesting and taught me valuable skills. The only downfall of the job was the pay. I got paid £5.50 an hour but was doing the same jobs or at a higher quality standard than older employees or got paid more than myself. I was respected in the store, but fairness of pay is the reason I left the job.
co-workers were lovely!
Enjoyed working there as my co-workers were lovely. Lots of work done for charity both in and out of work! lots of available over time.
A typical day would be to work as a team to supply the customer with the item they came in for as well as promoting the sale, keeping the shop floor tidy and welcoming the customers when they came in. then at the end of the day you would replenish the shelves.

The part i enjoyed the most was the buzz on the shop floor on a busy day as everyone was working hard to help each other out.
Pros
coworkers and the availability of over time.
Cons
Managers were quite strict on welcoming people and staff benefits
Friendly workplace for the most part.
Generally, it was a good and enjoyable job, where I learnt key skills on how to effectively communicate with customers. Because of company guidelines on procedures to follow to make sure we hit criteria for service, it did get a bit tedious, but it was easy to put your own spin on the way to do things.
Pros
30 minute- 1 hour lunches
Cons
Tough guildlines
Excellent Career Growth
I was promoted to Timberland as Sourcing Director after 4 years of being with VF Corporation and the experience gained in being able to drive the Global Sourcing Strategy for the brands based out of London was great!
Brilliant
I love working for such a great company!! I started as a 8hour Christmas temp and in 10 years of juggling college and uni I made steps up within the store, when I finished university I went full time and then got promoted to supervisor 2 years after going full time. I have loved my time and timberland and with VF Northern.
Pros
Longevity
Cons
Late night closing
Productive and fun environment
Overall it was a pleasant company to work for with a positive atmosphere. The management were understanding and it was easy to work as a team, we hit targets all the time.
Pros
Overtime and good management
Cons
Pay
Productive and fun enviorment
.Day at work in Timberland is exciting and devotion
.I've learned how to provide excellent series to customers

.The management is outstanding astray push employes to their full potential

.Work culture is thrilling

.Hardest part is christmas holidays

.Most enjoyable part is the colleagues I work with
Pros
Excellent mangement
Cons
No cons
Fun workplace
Amazing company to work for great team always looking after staff.
Great benefits

Great bonuse

Good holiday entitlement

Great pension

Greatprogression
overall I felt it was a good place to work for my first job.
I felt it was a great place to work for my first job, I learnt a lot of skills over the Christmas period as a Christmas temp, and it's taught me a lot about customer service and what to do in different situations. The staff there was great and I've made amazing friends even though I'm not working there now.
Pros
It was a good environment to work in. I adapted quickly to how they approached things in that store
Cons
It was a little bit unorganised with the routers.
Improved languages
That job made me improve a lot my English. I worked in team with lovely managers, I had to great customers and help them to be happy. I really enjoyed being part of VF company.