Timberland Employee Reviews

okay
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre4 March 2018
working for timberlands, its not the greatest as the pay is very low, if not below minimum wage as well the senior staff are very pushy and hot your heels when something minor happens (e.g. positioning shoes not properly) staff in general are lazy and management is mediocre, as some staff on all levels need Improvement or shifting of position within the store.
overall the work culture is okay, the banter between staff and senior staff are good but making sales on a quiet period can be difficult.
Pros
high staff discount
Cons
poor management and lazy staff and low salary.
Working For Timberland
Visual Merchandiser/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Reading29 June 2012
Working for Timberland can be a fast paced enviroment. Working on the shopfloor, doing multiple jobs such as serving customers, VM duties, paperwork and dealing with figures.

The best part of my job is Visual Merchandising, i really enjoy this and would love to develop this into a career. knowing that what i put into our windows, and where i place things in-store can impact on our consumers and the brand.

The hardest part of my job is not being able to souly concerntrate on my visual merchandising. I am fully capable of having many roles and responsablites, but as im searching for a career in visual merchandising i want to spend all of my time doing this.

My co-workers are very friendly and supportive. As any job you have stressful days but i have a close relationship with everyone i work with and we all learn to work with eachother.
Pros
great benefits, high discount, fun collegues, great company to work for.
Cons
not being able to concertrate on my vm.
Chilled work atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell18 February 2018
The job and management were really friendly whilst i worked there. However the assistant manager and store manager complained about each other a lot. The other staff members were nice. Usually quite quiet all day so days are long
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
Pay
co-workers were lovely!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Street, Somerset17 October 2017
Enjoyed working there as my co-workers were lovely. Lots of work done for charity both in and out of work! lots of available over time.
A typical day would be to work as a team to supply the customer with the item they came in for as well as promoting the sale, keeping the shop floor tidy and welcoming the customers when they came in. then at the end of the day you would replenish the shelves.
The part i enjoyed the most was the buzz on the shop floor on a busy day as everyone was working hard to help each other out.
Pros
coworkers and the availability of over time.
Cons
Managers were quite strict on welcoming people and staff benefits
Good Staff but hard place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bicester13 February 2018
Unfortunately, the reputation that Bicester Village has is a double-edged sword. On one hand, you have a buzzing working environment that keeps you on your toes. On the other, you have a constant battle with ignorant, expectant, and often rude customers. I experienced many managers in my time during my time in this job, therefore I cannot be particularly positive or negative as my experience was rather mixed. It's a good starter job, but becomes draining very quickly without much incentive.
Pros
Uniform, Flexible Hours
Cons
Rude Customers, Lack of Incentives
Productive and fun enviorment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent3 May 2017
.Day at work in Timberland is exciting and devotion
.I've learned how to provide excellent series to customers
.The management is outstanding astray push employes to their full potential
.Work culture is thrilling
.Hardest part is christmas holidays
.Most enjoyable part is the colleagues I work with
Pros
Excellent mangement
Cons
No cons
working at Timberland
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London11 April 2018
Job takes over, due to pressure to perform in flagship store. They really bagger you over small tasks like greeting, making it seam like your greeting is a problem that will be the downfall of the company. But, the variety of staff members hired is nice to see.
great company for progression
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London7 September 2016
During my time in Timberland I learned so much the ethics and company culture were some of the best I have experienced in my retail career I was very lucky to be a part of a great company
Pros
progression
Cons
long hrs - I worked mostly in large shopping centres and finished at 10pm
Engaging and challenging.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bluewater12 August 2015
This is an ideal place to learn and improve on sales skills. Great management with great benefits. Fun place to work in an populated location with a diverse range of customers regularly entering the shop. This is a job that teaches you to get to know people so that you can provide a high quality personal service.
Pros
Discounts
Senior Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  London14 October 2015
A daily routine at timberland would be to take deliveries and making sure all correct products arrive in store, taking care of visual merchandising, helping assist customers in order to require what they need.
I have been with Timberland for 7 years and over the years i have learned a lot about the company and it was my duty to help new members of staff with training and development.
The hardest part of the job would include dealing with certain customer complaints but over the years this is not as difficult as it used to be as I have gained the knowledge of how to take care of certain situations.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing customers are most certainly satisfied with my customer service as finding the right product for them.
Pros
Monthly incentives
Very friendly environment
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford25 February 2018
Staff were always friendly even when I was new. Helped me to gain a lot of confidence and taught me the best ways to sell to our customers. Very flexible when it was necessary, understood my need to prioritise school at times during the year.
Pros
Team work and friendliness
Cons
not great pay
Excellent team and supportive company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port, ENG7 November 2013
I did enjoy working for the timberland cheshire oaks outlet store as the team there were really great and I was trained and supported throughout my time as a sales associate with them. I was always busy which I enjoyed and enjoyed interacting with the large number of customers the outlet sees. The hardest part could be driving sales and meeting targets especially if there was not a lot of people coming into the shop.
Pros
Good team, hours, management
Cons
Pay, unpaid lunches
Interesting Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor16 November 2017
At the time I was 16 years old, I loved the staff members I worked with, and the training and the job itself was interesting and taught me valuable skills. The only downfall of the job was the pay. I got paid £5.50 an hour but was doing the same jobs or at a higher quality standard than older employees or got paid more than myself. I was respected in the store, but fairness of pay is the reason I left the job.
Fun workplace and Great discipline
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London6 June 2016
Always joining a new job is a daunting task and a mental strain. I was no different in joining, however with the right mental mindset, anything can be accomplished. with patience and initiative I was able to fit in, with the help of friendly staff. The most enjoyable part was what I gained personally, to improve myself and learn. Through adapting to work life and what I can use in my personal life to better myself.
Productive and fun environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishopsgate3 July 2017
Overall it was a pleasant company to work for with a positive atmosphere. The management were understanding and it was easy to work as a team, we hit targets all the time.
Pros
Overtime and good management
Cons
Pay
There are some Pro's and Con's
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ENG18 September 2014
Typical Day at work

You approach customers, greet, sell the products and clean the shop floor
It has it moments where it is boring or busy, very repetitive

You can improve your social skills by talking and learning how to understand body language by talking to your customers and the more you're able to do that with ease will have a reflection upon yourself

The working environment is very chilled and everyone attempt to work on the same level or help support each other.

Enjoyable part of the job was meeting unique individuals whether it was your co-workers or customers, it was a break from everyday at university.
Pros
Staff Discount, Less strict than most Retail, Supportive Team, Alot of people you can meet if working in flagship store in London
Cons
Hours can be Long (i.e: 12.30-9.30 shifts), Repetitive, No chance for advancing roles
Fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  London19 April 2017
Amazing company to work for great team always looking after staff.
Great benefits
Great bonuse
Good holiday entitlement
Great pension
Greatprogression
Friendly workplace for the most part.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Street, Somerset12 September 2017
Generally, it was a good and enjoyable job, where I learnt key skills on how to effectively communicate with customers. Because of company guidelines on procedures to follow to make sure we hit criteria for service, it did get a bit tedious, but it was easy to put your own spin on the way to do things.
Pros
30 minute- 1 hour lunches
Cons
Tough guildlines
Family like business
Team Leader/ Acting assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester12 October 2012
Great company, fantastic ethos. An absolute pleasure to work for but unable to progress my career here at this current time.
Pros
generous discount, health care, dental care and free gym membership
Cons
long unsociable hours.
Good Place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland10 June 2016
Was a great place to work, however it was quiet so I never felt my job was always going to be there, management are lovely and easy to get on with.
Pros
9-5hours in Retail
Cons
Quiet not many customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Timberland. Our community is ready to answer.

Timberland Reviews by Location