Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 87 reviews matching the search See all 17,264 reviews
Soul destroying
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Paisley5 December 2019
Wouldn’t go back here to work even if my salary doubled! Don’t put yourself through it, plenty of other jobs out there. One manager decides they don’t like you and the rest jump on picking on you until you either leave or they moan enough to get you sacked! Watched it happen to many staff. Horrible place to work! Would even say it’s the worst place I’ve ever experienced.
The worst place I've ever worked!
Shift Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow25 November 2019
On my interview they didn't ask me basically any questions. I had to run shifts by myself after no more than 2 weeks without any help. The main manager used to sit in the office all the time, his assistant whatever he was taking he wasn't able to work after that and one time fell asleep in dining area surrounded by customers.
Worst management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton21 November 2019
The team members were very good but the supervisor was always yelling at everyone which makes the workplace so toxic. It's better to be free then working here.
One of the worst experiences of my working life
Store Manager (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim14 November 2019
The management do not have a clue what to do and they have tried to run Tim’s like a dominos by adopting a lot of their practices and methods of operation. They over hire, over work and fire anyone they that don’t particularly like. So if you have a falling out with someone they do like you will be let go. The usual retail scum who do more talking behind your back than work thrive in Tims. If you have no ambition in life this job is definitely for you. No career advancement opportunities due to biased and racist selection process.
Don't Do It
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Over11 November 2019
DON'T DO IT!!! 10 years of Tim hortons and I've only had 2 good managers head office expects way too much and it takes its toll on the managers and staff in the long run... It seems great at first but eventually you realize its nothing more then a snake pit
Fast- paced and collaborative work.
Eastern Avenue - Cashier/ Team Member (Current Employee) –  731 Eastern Avenue21 September 2019
Working at Timmies is very swift. one should be very attentive and should have interpersonal skills to work effectively. He/ she should be able to handle stressful and difficult situations.
Pros
Discounted food.
Cons
sometimes they do not appreciste your work, like they do not give tim points if you do overtime, cover someone.
Terrible
Scivy (Former Employee) –  Scotland11 September 2019
Please don't go to this company the owners are terrible just look on job pages shows they always looking because way get treated. Try be in or shoes and get told full time then take it off u. Also with my hair's on arms got asked to shave them off. Eh no chance. Wish the owner in Canada new the daftys they have running there units. This is a company that won't last if we don't work there
Pros
Walking out the door
Cons
Every bit eh ut
Bad managment
Service Crew/tills (Former Employee) –  Stenhousemuir2 September 2019
Worst place ever to work. DONT APPLY. As the management don't care at all. Lack of training. They Expect you to be best at every station. And If your not. They SACK you. I saw many leave the job as they wernt good enough. Very stricked place.

To many management that don't know what there doing. Their is constant staff changes as praople leave. Cause its a bad place.
Bad place to work.
service crew (Former Employee) –  Larbert31 August 2019
I worked their in the Larbert Branch. I really loved the job. And Most of the staff we great to work with.

But the management was dreadfully.
3 managers in one small takeaway.
There was Lack of leadership.
Leaving products to thow outside. Machines kept breaking down.
Bins constantly full.

Aslso had environmental health issues
Not enough space to work in. And theirs bullying from management
avoid
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire31 August 2019
terrible hours (6 hours a week) and even then they would always try and send you home an hour into that shift, management was beyond a joke, job was easy enough and co workers were great but the management alone caused everyone to quit in less than half a year
Awful
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Salford11 August 2019
All I can say is please please please stay away from this job. Management does not care about you at all, you will not be treated well. I really don't understand how they haven't been shut down yet, especially when half of the things they do are /not/ allowed.
Worst job ever
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire6 August 2019
Terrible terrible company , one week you could be doing 40+ hours next week your lucky if you even have a shift, they have no care to the staff , bullies in my opinion. If you don't "fit in" or they don't like you , you get fired.

I seen many people come and go within 2 weeks, not given the chance to even learn the job fully.

Please, don't not apply for this company, more hassle than it's worth.
Slave drivers
United Kingdom (Former Employee) –  West Midlands26 July 2019
I had worked at this place a good while and it was pretty good at the start. Throughout my time here it got worse. Management were a big problem. Speaking you to like garbage. One telling you this and another telling you something different, then making you look a complete fool. Making up rules as they went along. Only 20 minutes break, not enough time to wipe your backside. Clocking you in late after your break. Not training the employees themselves and expecting you to do it during busy shifts. Not allowing you to have a drink upstairs with you, or store it in a fridge. Always remembering little mistakes (ridiculous things like not wearing black socks!) but never saying thanks for all the hard work you've put in. Expecting you to stand at a till for hours and not having any other front of house on… some days not for 6/7 hours until another front of house and then it's practically the end of your shift. At one point I had booked my birthday off weeks in advance, I had to remind the manager a week before and he said I had to find cover because he forgot. They don't even have a diary for holidays you have planned months in advance so you're forever feeling intimidated about asking for time off. They make you feel like you're reaching for the stars about having a life. I could go on and on. Please don't waste your life working here, there are much better places… like mucking out horses.
don't care about anything
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Paisley16 July 2019
-unpaid break and still make you pay for food on your break
-Higher up managers don't care about staff only looking to make a profit
-the turnover is awful, they barely give people a chance to learn the job
-do everything to avoid paying holiday pay
-would avoid if you can
-hours go from 40 one week to 6 the next
Pros
nice staff
Cons
everything above
6 months of lies
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 June 2019
Staff in restraunts are great. It's the higher management; area managers, regional managers band above that are the root of the issues at Tim Hortons. They are too scared to give the feedback from front line employees to upper management. The common thing to be told from the area managers is to shut up and do it. Even if a process is broke and not working.

It's a shame SK Group got this franchise. Any other owner would make a success, grow staff from within and build a brand staff and customers are proud of. Instead they scrape every penny possible, compromising quality, safety and the well being of staff.
Fast paced.
Front of House - Full time (Current Employee) –  Warrington13 May 2019
Busy workplace with few quiet moments therefore you are always on the move. Everything needs to be on point. There are many stations within the store and you're not on the same station all the time. Everyday is different. Management team work alongside the rest of the staff and are hard working and friendly. Couldn't have better people to work alongside.
Pros
Friendly team
Cons
Rushed
Terrible place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Belfast connswater30 April 2019
First of all I worked 45 hours for 2 weeks for them everything was fine then I wanted to move to morning shifts cause I have a medical condition they advertise full time contracts 35 hours plus and your contract you sign is 6 hour contract read the contract before you sign it managers dont have a clue about company or what there doing they dont even have soap for workers to wash theres hands cleanliness is at an all time low the workers dont wash there hand even when they go to the bins they come back touch your food!! The place is the worst workplace I've ever worked dont reccomend anyone working for them absolute shambles of a place
Disaster of a place
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow argyle street17 April 2019
Started last year and was promised at least 36 hours a week but ended up lucky to even have a shift. Then my partner had our child and they decided to stop giving me shifts altogether. No respect for staff and how it operates is awful. Claim to be a fresh company yet everything is frozen
Soul destroying
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim21 March 2019
Was promised 40-45 hours a week yet was put on a 6 hour contract... for a 8-10 hour shift you get one 30 minute unpaid break..too many chiefs not enough Indians you have loads of shift managers just walking about standing behind you doing absolutely nothing! They hire a lot of 17-20 year olds who don’t have any initiative and are downright lazy, if you’re a good worker you’re expected to basically run the whole shop... always understaffed and while you’re standing sweating the lazy ones are just standing about talking... the monthly pay is constantly wrong... basically they are just cowboys who don’t care about their staff they want robots working for them instead of human beings... DO NOT work here the job is totally soul destroying! I’m just here until I find something else which hopefully will be very soon.
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham20 March 2019
Great place to work with great team and management. Great feeling serving regular customers and they ask about you when you are not there. No limit to overtime hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.

55K