Thwaites Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Material administrative clerk (Former Employee) –  Cubbington3 March 2019
daily admin for the materials team.
Inputting of data into MFGPRO system,bagging of works orders and also shredding confidential information
I worked within a small team covering long term sickness of one of the employees
Glad I've left
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancashire24 February 2019
Thwaites are a very underhand company from my experience with them,they say one thing and then do the opposite. If you work at head office it's probably an amazing job,if you don't they have no interest in you. Terrible Working hours and pay and staff morale is on the floor and they couldn't care less.
Pros
Cons
Wages, hours, thwaites management I could go on and on
Horrible
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire11 October 2018
I worked in housekeeping all the ladies were lovely but you were rushed to complete rooms, had to come in early some days because they had too many rooms and didn't have enough colleges to complete the day. I dreded coming in to work it was stressful and painful I was constantly crying.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The lunches were disgusting
Brilliant place to work
Night Porter (Former Employee) –  Penrith, Cumbria25 September 2018
The most friendliest environment I have ever worked in, everyone gets on with each other, everyone helps each other.
The management are great and very approachable no matter what the problem is.
In over 35 years of work, albeit only being there for under a year due to severe knee problems, it is the beat place I have had ever had the fortune to work at, loved every minute of it.
Pros
Great friendly staff and management, free meals and uniform
Ambiente juvenil y familiar
Administrativo recepcionista (Former Employee) –  Cumbria1 September 2018
Ambiente juvenil y familiar. Desde el primer dia te integran en equipo de trabajo.
Horrible place to work in
Beauty Therapist (Former Employee) –  Aztec West, Gloucestershire24 March 2018
Were expected to work every weekend, even when asked for time off wasent aloud as only other 2/3 therapists that work here. Spa manager dosent have a clue about beauty therapy or the treatments, and was rude at times. Not great pay an hour either for the amount of massage expected to do everyday, 5 days a week.
Pros
Free staff food
Cons
Contracted hours
Horrible place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Knutsford, Cheshire19 February 2018
Worked as a housekeeper
They have unrealistic cleaning time for each room, no matter how a mess the rooms are, even if there's more then one bed in the room, still the same time and your on your own even putting king size covers on beds.
Sometimes you end up sharing 1 hover between two floors that's 6 clears. Nothing is ever stocked up so as well as the short time you have to come in early to stock your cleaning trolly that's if someone hasn't stolen the one you stocked up the night before just to help your self out plus dont have all the stuff you need you have to wait for it or your running around for it all the time.
Lunch is at 12, an the food was horrible the amount of times I felt sick after eatting it that I stopped an started to bring my own lunch in.
Don't forget sometimes you have no idea what rooms are free to clean and sometimes you can be waiting up to an hour to start one room from your list, constantly having to go to the main office to see if one has come available cause it's to much trouble to come down to tell you as soon as ones free.
And after you have been there 3 months they expect a month notice in advance to leave. The only only good thing was most of the staff they where really nice because they where in the same situation.
Pros
Most of the staff
Cons
Working there staff far to hard for minimum wage
Poor wages
Past employee (Former Employee) –  Solent, Hampshire30 January 2018
Only apply if you want unsociable hours for minimum wage. You do get free food but only if your break is at 12 or 5 which it most likely won’t be. It seems that higher up management don’t really care about their staff and turn a blind eye to the huge staff turnover, which is definitely due to the minimum wage issue.
Wouldn’t advise anyone to work there
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire30 January 2018
Worked with great people and enjoyed working with them however I had to work until 3 or 4 in the morning and since I was 16 had no way to get home so spent 3 hours walking home just to be back at 7 in the morning. Terrible pay for the hours I worked and when I missed a shift because my boss told me not to go into work I was made redundant for not coming into work. More than half my wage wasted just getting to and from work. Great people to work with and a friendly environment but horrible management.
Pros
Free lunch and friendly people to work with
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, no help to get to and from work
Worst job ever
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire26 January 2018
Worked for quite a while in reception and helped out in the restaurant on the bar and sometimes housekeeping and we had a good team and good morale. New management came in and everything changed. Good staff left and everything changed new staff arrived with no ideas and experience and we were expected to carry them. All about profits and ensuring they got their bonuses without a care for the staff who were actually working Long unsociable hours. I saw sense in 2015 and left which was sad as it used to be a brilliant place to be working
Pros
Free lunch, free parking and uniform given
Cons
Long hours, poor management, low staff morale, low wage, inexperienced fellow workers, poor hr as no training
Horrible spa job
Spa Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire10 January 2018
Current spa assistant manager is very unprofessional and doesn’t know how to run a successful spa, you have no social life with this job, normal day is 8hours straight massage and you only get ONE 30 minute break throughout the whole day. Wage is terrible for what you’re expected to do day in day out. Higher up management is also very poor and no one cares about the staff. Spa employee turn over is unbelievable but is not surprising. They also do not cap massage.
Cons
Long hours, terrible pay
Terrible employers
Chef / bartender (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire29 December 2017
Made me work illegal hours back to back on many occasions and when i refused they fired me. I'd do a 14 hour shift, have a 4 hour break then do another 6 hours taking in delivery. I spoke to my manager and he said if you cannot do it then you are best just not coming back again. They have a high staff turnover too, as everyone feels the same.
I will not advice
Manager (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire6 November 2017
Long Long hours every day , progression of careeer meaby after 10 years nothing before, salary under average. Personally if you are at first experience ok but if you have previous experience dont try because respect to the other company everybody also the recruitment know this company ask many hours for very low salary.
Pros
no one
Cons
long hours low salary no career
not a good experience
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol8 September 2017
due to the many changes to the company, it was not a enjoyable or a happy place with team morale low in all departments (bar, spa, kitchen, and conference).
if you want a job that you want to progress in while enjoying your time there this isnt the place for you.
In this company it a case of being apart of a friendly team and nice work area but due to the company trying to cut hours and gain more profit and have staff members do 3 sections a shift such as reception ,restraunt service and conference all at same time. Plus many customers would agree in the standards is very much below par, if you want a social life with this job forget it.
Pros
free staff food and nice people work with
Cons
poor wages and ridiculous hours
Good first job to get on your own feet
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire15 August 2017
A great first job which allows you to start making headway in life (it allowed me to learn to drive and buy my own car) however, the salary is no where near enough to support yourself if you don't live at home. The downside was the unsociable hours with most of the hours being at weekends, plus you only knew what you'd be working week by week, which made planning anything more than a week in advance extremely difficult.
Management is usually landlord/lady run, and are nearly always nice to work for, and tend to appreciate their staff.
Pros
Great first time job
Cons
Weekly hours, unsociable
Enjoyable Part of Job
People Advisor (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire12 June 2017
Having the opportunity to go between the various properties to see the general managers and make interpersonal relationships with them. This allowed me to gain a better understanding of they worked and in what way I could help them.
Friendly but tedious
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol1 June 2017
Food and beverage assistant

Nice people that work here but they expect you to make the job role your life. often made to work 10 hour shifts, then go home and sleep for 5 hours and back to another 10 hour shift
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours/ 0 hour contract
Fun workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire20 April 2017
Everyone was friendly and it was a great company to work for. Training was very good and the people are just amazing and very helpful in all aspects of the job.
Pros
Free lunches
Fun place to work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Grill and grain at the boatyard16 April 2017
I really like working with Thwaites, it's a good company to work with. Everyone is a fun member of the team and get along so well. It's a fun place to work. You learn lots of new life skills everyday. The hardest part of the job is learning the table numbers and getting used to the new menu and explains things it they ask for anything. The most enjoyable part is working with each other and being part of a team
Pros
Free lunches
Productive & Enjoyable workplace
Commis Chef (Current Employee) –  Settle, North Yorkshire28 February 2017
Since working for Daniel Thwaites, I have learn many essential skills needed in the hospitality industry. I have worked alongside hard -working, dedicated individuals in a happy work environment.