Thurlow Nunn Employee Reviews

Workshop is like a family
Motor Technician (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth25 October 2019
Thurlow nunn is a good place to work for. The staff are like a big family. work load is alot as it is a main dealer. The down side to it is the wages and management.
Cons
Wages low. Efficiency driven business
Nice people to work with at Wisbech. Professional and friendly
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wisbech, Cambridgeshire20 August 2019
Nice colleagues and friendly atmosphere. Professional approach and good standards of customer care. Very helpful staff. Good working environment and career opportunities.
Chew you up, spit you out culture
Driver (Former Employee) –  MK9 May 2019
The boss at MK is an idiot.

Cares about the sales side ONLY. Will give them all perks and food regularly. The service side meanwhile gets left out to dry, and they're only even told off for not meeting customers demands, even when sales people sell a dodgy car, its up to service to the take responsibility.

Salary and wages are extremely poor. Didn't get paid on time for the first 3 months working there.

In the end, after being over loaded with work on the collection delivery side up to Xmas, I was told I couldn't get my holiday hours missed paid back to me.

The entire mechanic crew was replaced within 1 year of opening. Everybody hated working there.

The sales staff have a rough deal, and are constantly bombarded with too much work to handle. The bosses give very little support, and requests go unheard on purpose. There's also zero diversity within employees. Its weird, and nobody seems to notice this?
Pros
Nice lot of people to work with
Cons
Shame to see those nice people broken and in tears from unhappiness at Thurlow Nunn
Friendly and Productive
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk30 April 2019
I have worked at the Norwich site for nearly 5 years. It is a friendly and productive environment to work in and they are supportive and flexible when needed.
Pros
Nice Environment
Cons
Long Hours
Great Company
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk29 April 2019
I have recently joined Thurlow Nunn to pursue a new career in sales. Management provide lots of support and guidance to get the best results. The salary is the best you could possibly ask for without needing qualifications to undertake the job.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long Hours
Thurlow Nunn Sales
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire29 April 2019
Been here three years and have enjoyed every moment. The team are amazing and with my direct managers supportive in every aspect of the job, something you don’t tend to find in automotive industry. If you are willing to work hard, you will get rewarded for your efforts as they do not go unnoticed.
Pros
Great basic salary and working environment
Cons
Long hours & weekend work
Friendly and flexible
Site Administrator (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk29 April 2019
I have worked at the Norwich site for 22 years, I started when the site was under a different name but Since being taken over by thurlownunn in 2012, I have been able to progress to site Administrator. I love my job.Being a mother to 3, it can be difficult juggling work and children but Thurlow nunn have always supported me. They understand family life, being a family run business.
Pros
Supportive and flexible
Great Place to work
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Norwich29 April 2019
I really enjoy going to work as its a great environment. Have worked for the company for 6 years and am on a development program to become a manager and a specialist in Commercial Sales. They like to progress from within also so my colleagues are doing similar things.
Great Company to work for.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk29 April 2019
Thurlow Nunn is an excellent place to work. I have worked at 4 out of the 12 sites in my 10 plus years with the company and have loved every second of it. Thurlow Nunn is now a large company but still very much retains the "family business" ethos. Its staff and customers alike are the absolute focus of the business and providing exceptional customer service whilst also taking care of the people providing it.
great family run business
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk25 March 2019
fantastic family run business. from the top to bottom of the scale. My only gripe is that for a sales consultant in todays market their basic is very low compared to all their competitors.
Pros
family run business
Cons
low basic
manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk14 January 2019
been with the company 9 months and after 25 years in the motor trade at last found a company that's true to its values, with great work life balance and an enjoyable working environment
Pros
treated with respect
Cons
professional and a happy enviroment
Warranty Administrator (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire2 January 2019
I carry out various duties mainly administration that covers a wide spectrum of the business. I have worked here for 12 years and am pleased that my skill level is recognised and used to it's potential. All levels of staff are friendly and easy to approach, including the management team. The hardest part of my job is that I never know what I will be doing next, but then the most enjoyable part is completing a difficult task that I have been set.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Can sometimes be long hours when required
Very friendly staff & great place to work
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire21 December 2018
I have worked in the motor trade for 27 years now and I can honestly say that this is one of the friendliest places I have worked. It is a very busy site, but enjoyable and the days do pass very quickly. This company is a great company to work for & the support from your work colleagues is second to none. The company and senior management care about its people, and do there upmost if you have a problem that you need help with whether it is work related or personal. Sometimes some sacrifices do need to be made, but this is part and parcel of this trade. I would defiantly recommend Thurlow Nunn as a good place to work to anyone.
Pros
Friendly colleagues, good pay and nice environment
Cons
A busy site
Excellent Place To Work
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk20 December 2018
I've been working at Thurlow Nunn for over years and love the culture. It's still very much a family run business and maintains this element despite its size.

A few of my friends now also work for the business and I think they would say the same.
Strong family values
Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk6 December 2018
I have worked in a few dealerships of various sizes,This is my longest length of employment with any one company,and can honestly say that if you work hard and just do what is asked, then this company is a great place to work, It is by no means perfect and it can be frustrating sometimes(which work place cant be!)however what comapny is.At the end of the day the company(still family run) does care about its people, we are part of a business after all so all now and then have to do things we may not like,however 95% of the companys staff are helpfull and respectfull, there is overall a good sense of comradship amongst the sites, which you do not find elswhere.
Would i reccomend it as a place of employment-Absolutely
Pros
Incentives, Great staff, very approachable senior managment
Cons
Long hours, (As any in motor trade)
Large professional company with that 'family owned' feel
Finance (Current Employee) –  East Anglia5 December 2018
The amount of long serving employees at Thurlow Nunn tell you all you need to know. Hard working loyal staff with the right attitude are rewarded and given every opportunity to climb the ladder. In the time I have been here I have felt valued by the directors and senior staff, giving me all I need to progress and do a good job. The family that owns the company are still heavily involved and that personal touch shines through to both the staff and customers. I would highly recommend a career with this company.
Sham
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Thurlow nunn13 November 2018
Management have absolutely no idea what they are doing. The term 'wing It' sums it up nicely.

They want staff who will roll over and be there lap dog as opposed to anyone who speaks out about what they are passionate for.

Unless you are happy to nod your head even when you don't agreed id steer well clear
Pros
Company car
Cons
See above
Friendly place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk2 July 2018
There is a certain type of person that fits the Thurlow Nunn culture - they are warm and friendly and that comes across to the customers.

The management team are approachable and down to earth.

Some of the roles require long hours, but when the colleagues in your team are also your friends it makes the day a lot easier.
Well
Service (Former Employee) –  Norfolk27 January 2018
Working here was an eye opener when it comes to the general public and people in charge and I have gained valuable experience, but the job role is one I will not miss.
Working here is not for the faint hearted or for those who require support from upper management.
Pros
Fellow colleagues like family
Cons
Long hours, no support from management and lack of respect from them.
great fun
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Norwich8 November 2017
Everyone seems happy and friendly, good benefits like company car. no two customers are the same, straight forward great starting place if you want to see what car sales is like.
Pros
company car
Cons
long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thurlow Nunn. Our community is ready to answer.

Thurlow Nunn Reviews by Location