THORPE PARK Resort Employee Reviews

Job for children
Customer assitant (Former Employee) –  Thorpe, Surrey20 September 2019
Found this job was for teenage girls
Management are young and immature
Very long hours once I got in at 8am and finished at 7
Can be busy at the island ticket centre
Positives they train well and some nice people
This is a summer job and go all the way until Halloween
fun but management don't talk to each other
Ride host (Former Employee) –  Chertsey6 September 2019
loved working there but if management plan to train you on a new ride chances are you won't as the manager won't tell the others.
The pay is rubbish and if you have to travel it takes up most of your pay.
inconsistent when dealing with ride break downs and not passing on information to its staff..

you get 20 free tickets so you don't have to pay if you go to other merlin parks and you'll make live long friends and some of the management will treat you like human being but not all.

you get to go on the rides while at work sometimes either before or after park closing and get social events
Pros
great live long friends and great staff events
Cons
poor pay, inconsistent managment and lack of comunication.
Fun place
Rides Host (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 September 2019
Great place to work if you like working in a team. Very long hour during Halloween. Always on your feet. Learning different skills everyday. Working in different areas of the park.
Cons
standing for long hours
Fun but has some cons
Host (Former Employee) –  Weybridge, Surrey20 August 2019
Good working with people your age however hours were long, pay is poor and the commute to and from work is generally tiring. Shifts were always late which meant I could be coming home past midnight.
Terrible management
Cleaner and presentation host (Former Employee) –  Chertsey, Surrey19 August 2019
Management are rude and don’t care about their employees, also pay is poor and there are often mistakes when it comes to pay. However it is extremely unlikely you will lose your job if you are employed as they struggle to find people to hire
Opportunities
SITE PRESENTATIONS HOST (Former Employee) –  Chertsey, Surrey18 August 2019
As Thorpe park is in the Merlin entertainment company they can offer many roles and opportunities for you to develop and learn new skills for your future career goals.
Poor management, lack of security
Rides and Attractions Host (Former Employee) –  London30 July 2019
If the management don’t particularly like you, you will end up stuck on one ride in the worst position and are unlikely to be invited back the following season.
Pros
Other coworkers
Cons
Long hours, poor management, lack of breaks
Disorganised work place, rude staff not knowing how to to do their job which is frustrating in a busy work place and for a big franchise
Hospitality Host (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Chertsey, Surrey3 July 2019
Awful pay, disorganised managers who would not even respond to emails, too much work loads when short staffed and expected to things the managers should be doing whislt they do nothing, no enjoyment from working there
Do not work
Chef/BOH (Former Employee) –  Chertsey27 June 2019
I working here since March, long hours with rubbish pay, poor management,
No training, hardly any breaks, the management don’t help, under staffed, don’t put your personal in effect or how you would get home if you don’t drive. I hated working here
Pros
20 free tickets
Cons
Long hours, pay too low, travel
Lovely fun place
rides assistant (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey25 June 2019
Loved working in thorpe park

great environment, lovely people both staff and guests

loved going on the rides at the end of the day and in the morning when opening up
Pros
Fun rides- free tickets
Cons
not enough money
Fast- paced environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames16 June 2019
Typical day: Start at 8:00 am, work through delivery items counting stock for the day. Operate tills and restock throughout the day, clean shop floor and restock shelves for the next morning at the end of the day.
Pros
Free tickets to Merlin attractions
Cons
Few breaks
Not great
Ride host (Former Employee) –  Chertsey, Surrey31 May 2019
Started off really excited about joining, longer I stayed worse it got. Managers didn’t care about your wellbeing, extremely long hours for a student. Always on my feet, didn’t really mind that but it was how others treated you that really put me off.
Meeting new people and learning new things
Picsolve (Former Employee) –  London7 May 2019
Learning how work with till and money and learning to speak to the public
The hardest part if the job is when your in a unit by yourself and you have a lot of customers
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
Travelling
fun workplace
Ride Host - Thorpe Park Surrey (Former Employee) –  Surrey29 April 2019
good student job
nice
easy
fun
working with people
different ride each day
its difficult to get transport sometime
nice work place culture
you have to motivated
A pleasure to work there!
Team Member, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire16 April 2019
I worked there a few years ago and I enjoyed every single shift. They offer flexible hours which for a college student, it’s perfect. Staff and Caravan owners are all lovely people and will support you. You are free to interact with customers and provide a warm welcome.
Pros
Discount, Lovely Staff, Lovely customers, Flexible shifts
Fun place to work
Food & Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Chertsey, Surrey20 March 2019
It a fun place to work, people as young as 16 work there making it a nice youthful place to work in.

Management often show favouritism to specific workers, often would want you to stay longer and are not willing to understand reasons as to why you have to leave.
Pros
Free 20 tickets to merlin attractions after 6 weeks of service
Cons
Long hours, not recommended if applicant lives far and has to commute by public transport to work
Not as great.
SENIOR HOST (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Chertsey14 March 2019
management require you to go above and beyond and are less understanding to your own personal life. rather than taking blame for problems that may occur they love to pass the blame further down the hierarchy.

the typical work day is very busy and fast paced.

other members of staff are very social as they are usually around the same age as you 18-22 years of age. it is much easier to communicate with one another as a team.

hardest part of the job is the manual labor - they have you loading and unloading stock and moving things such as heavy gas tanks, when equipment is unavailable, you are required to move it using your own strength.
lacklustre
Rides Host, Darren Brown's Ghost Train (Former Employee) –  Thorpe, Surrey12 March 2019
t due to rides constantly breaking down it meant the majority of my days where spent just walking around the park picking up litter, which wasn't my job.
Cons
constantly having the rides break down
Novelty wears off fast
Senior Host & Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Chertsey19 February 2019
If you're 16-21 this is the perfect place to work, you make friends almost instantly within your team as you cycle around the rides.

You're only trained on new rides if you're friendly with management - Several times I would be left at a particular ride from 10am - 6pm (or fright nights 10am -10pm) on my own 5 days a week which is repetitive and incredibly boring.

No recognition from management for any out of the ordinary event, for example a guest had an epileptic fit and I went out of my way to make sure the unconscious guest was safe and out of the eyesight of guests. All I got for a thank you is no break.

- Get in with management, then you'll get perks
Pros
Social life
Cons
Long hours, pay, no recognition
Stressful but fun workplace.
Entertainment Host (Former Employee) –  Chertsey, Surrey18 February 2019
The friends I made and the relationships I strengthened I made certainly made the job experience better. I found that it definitely tested me but I enjoyed it nonetheless. You have a great support group, and though the job can get tedious, it was really the people that made the work feel worth it.
Pros
Free entry into the park, good group ethic
Cons
Difficult guests, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THORPE PARK Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

THORPE PARK Resort Reviews by Location