THORPE PARK Resort

THORPE PARK Resort Employee Reviews

United Kingdom195 reviews
Working here as a seasonal staff member alongside studying is excellent. You make friends for life, the pay is decent and the benefits are good. You meet so many new people and you gain a lot of skills in customer service and health and safety. However, if you work here more permanently it becomes your whole life. It is difficult to separate work and home life when friends work and play together. During Fright Nights you can work over 12 hour shifts - if on salary these hours often don’t get paid for. The majority of higher management care more about making money for the business than the staff welfare. Your time here depends a lot on the department you join - it is incredibly fun but people leave bad managers, not bad jobs.
Pros
Making Friends/Developing Skills/Benefits
Cons
Staff Retention/Management/Long Hours
Love working here really nice people and really good managers. It really depends on where you work but for me as I work in admissions I love it.
Due to the role of the department we can have 12:30 finishes and it is really flexible.
Pros
Meet famous people
Cons
Customers will and might get angry so you’ll need great conflict resolution skills
The first part of the day was the busiest bit with two hours to clear all the waste bins and cardboard from the park before opening. However i never felt under pressure in the morning as there is more than enough time if you crack on. After the initial opening the remainder of the shift was spent sorting through other waste e.g. metal, plastic, etc, and flat packing cardboard. Whilst there was a lot to do the atmosphere was always relaxed with solid management and new tasks each day.
Pros
Finished full shifts earlier in the day meaning free afternoon and discounts for park tickets.
Cons
Early start and potentially smelly work
I joined Thorpe park while i was looking for a permanent role within retail closer to me. I worked on the food side. Just what you expect really, can be busy but can also be really quiet. They are very strict when it comes to phones and having your own money. It was not the job for me but for someone looking to put something on a cv or just to use as part time money then I would recommend.
Pros
CV building, Quick job
Cons
Travel
Working at Thorpe park was a huge challenge. From the rush of getting people on rides and then dealing with complaints. Very short breaks, not very helpful when you need to get from the other side of the park to the staff break room. Friendly people, interview wasn't too bad. Management didn't wow me and were not helpful at all. I felt very clueless on my first day and management left the other team members to show me the ropes, which they didn't know what to really do.
Pros
Staff discount at other attractions
Cons
Long hours, short breaks
thorpe park was a good place to work in as it gave a chance to meet new people and with different type of customers.it also gave me a chance to improve my customer service skills.
For what you need to learn and do, the pay should be a lot better. Especially if you are working on the rides with thousands of customers a day, in all sorts of moods.
Usual day is 9 - 18, is easy enough to learn but is very repetitive but good enough for those looking for part-time or temporary work. Pay is low but mainly under 25 employees
Cons
Whilst working at Thorpe park resort I gained many skills such as communication skills, became more outgoing and team building. I also became punctual.
Thorpe Park is a great place to work. The people are lovely and everybody is here for the same reason - they all care very much about the park and making it successful.
Pros
Free parking, Magic Pass, discounts at Merlin resorts.
As an actor I enjoyed it, working for the actual Halloween season is much more enjoyable than the summer because it was only acting on very few rides and it wasn’t that great from an acting point of view. However, I learnt new skills and adapted ones I already had so I can fault that.
I got paid little, the managers were rude and treated me like i was nothing, they made us train new staff and then fired a lot people afterwards, i worked long hours for 8am to 6pm sometimes 10am to 7pm, the thorpe park bus would take almost an hour to get to the bus stop and the food in the canteen is terrible.
It is a good job and I would recommend anyone to work there BUT it can be stressful travelling to the park if you don’t live in that area. They don’t pay a lot so a lot of the time you would spend money on travels,lunch etc. When it comes to salary pay it’s the worst, they don’t pay you correctly and for the amount of work you have to do it’s not worth it BUT it is a good to gain customer service experience if you want to work in a fast paced environment.
It was a hard work, little time given to complete the task. Very stressful, i felt like a work donkey. All the ladies were very nice, management was very nice. The actual job of cleaning the caravans was dreadful , we were not given enough time to work at a reasonable pace, this made the job very stressful.
Working at thorpe park was competitive and allowed my team members and i to reach our full potential. The fast paced workplace was stressful at first but with the help of my team we were able to get through it and provide the best service to our customers
I loved working for the company it was an amazing experience and I have learnt so much from the whole experience, people were so friendly and very easy to get along with it was A very happy place to be in
I enjoyed working here getting to know not only the staff but the owners and guests aswell. I learnt about checking passes to learning my way around the site and directing guests. the most enjoyable part of the job is it was great for my kids aswell
Thorpe Park is such a fun place to work. You enjoy going to work and making guests have the best time of their lives. You can make some really good friends there too. Very good social scene. The company actually care about you which is hard to find these days.
Ride host- Under paid, under appreciated. The other hosts are like a family. The team is like a family, very customer facing so must be a people person.
Sometimes found the job at times stressfull especially on buisy days as the park is big there's a lot of walking to be done but I always got the job done nice people to work with and friendly .
employees access their reviews on a regular basis, update their objectives and create new objectives for themselves, great interface, user friendly system with clear instructions and excellent support. Brilliant stuff, keep up the good work!