Thorncliffe Building Supplies

Thorncliffe Building Supplies Employee Reviews

United Kingdom8 reviews
If you are looking to work part of a small team in a wherehouse and willing to do a minimum of 40hrs a week then this would be the ideal place for anyone who is wanting to learn about the concrete side of the landscaping business.
Pros
Cons
Can be quite messey
I enjoyed working at Thorncliffe, each day was different because I delivered skips to various different locations. The hardest part was when I had to tell a customer their skip was overloaded and I couldn't take it.
This place is a joke, they get you to stand at a counter with no training, no PPE to do your job you have to buy all of your own PPE, and you literally just stand on your feet all day, when you use your initiative to go do something, the boss who is an absolute idiot by the way tells you Otto keep busy and to just stand behind the counter instead.
Cons
This place was at first a enjoyable place to work at but unfortunately because of the management they F*** up your overtime/wages every month without fail. You have one guy so bored he stares at cameras all day just waiting for you to stand still and have a quick chat with a fellow colleague and because the jobs so easy when you're looking round for something to do he likes to say you do F*** all. If i didnt have to stand up for myself they would of happliy left me walk out thinking i was "pay as you go" like a mobile top up service . Owners son has problems with everyone.
Avoid this company like the plague, as stated by another review the management are obsessed with cameras. No loyalty to there staff what so ever. The harper family are all stuck up they e own backside.
Pros
Ok salary just.
Cons
The harpers and management ( mustang has more faces than the joker)
Very rood and no respect always watching camera and the calling people into the office the owner is the worst of all bad attitude your ok if your a Harper family run business two faced and creepy company no sick pay and if your face doesn’t t fit your gone no health and safety on site dusty site and smells spray sump water on yard to keep dust down And the water stinks avoid this place I warn you
delivering building supplies around north wales, good work environment but looking for more stable work as it was on/ off. looking to drive lgv now ie attained the license
My main work was to construct fence panels , this involved getting raw materials and constructing a fence panel from nothing, this gave me a job satisfaction as i had constructed something from nothing .

my other duties included general housekeeping within the factory , as i am a fork lift licence holder within thorncliffe building merchants, i was able to drive the fork lift trucks.

i was tasked to ensure deliveries were offloaded correctly when required ,i also pride my self on conducting any task i was given to the best of my abuility ensuring safe work practice at all times