Thorn Baker Recruitment Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Bilsthorpe, Nottinghamshire9 April 2019
Was registered very quickly and into the work the following week. I am in my last week with thorn baker as I have been lucky enough to be took on by company. My contact for thorn baker was brill,very quick response if i needed to know anything. Overall, great company to work for,couldnt do enough to help me out.
Pros
Pay, communication great, always in work
Pathetic
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire8 April 2019
I started in a factory in Hucknall and enjoyed it after a few months I was moved so I though okay no worries I was on more money and better hours 👌 then after 2/3 weeks I was moved again to a horrid warehouse and they assured me when there was work I would be notified after seeing them advertising jobs on indeed I gave up on them! Taking new staff on but forgetting about the ones they already have terrible! Don’t work here if you want a steady job
Pros
Good work
Cons
No idea of how to look after staff
good
Labourer (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Reading7 April 2019
thorn baker have been good to me .and pay on time and i would go back to work for them at any point i done shop fits and big sites its work at the end of the day
packer
Packer/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire20 March 2019
had a great time last year and this year. the work is hard and everyone is friendly but as long as you are willing to turn up and do wat is asked you will be ok. they try the hardest to help you if you are struggling to hit targets.The job is hard but the pay is weekly but somestimes it might not be 40 hours. I worked there from 25 june till last week and the experienced i gained from the company has now got me a secure job . the staff and management are all friendly .
Pros
give u experience
Cons
some of the staff are not team players
Fantastic Place to Work
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire19 March 2019
Thorn Baker is one of the best recruitment companies I've worked for. Honest and transparent, with real heart and integrity. I was instantly made to feel welcome, given all the tools that I needed to grow my desk and professionally succeed.

Full training and development from day one, manageable goals and growth expectations. I have learnt so much in my time here so far with more to develop and the opportunity to develop and grow my career here from the hugely supportive and motivating management team.

Culture is great, colleagues who truly work hard to find roles for local people.

LOVELY place to work.
Pros
Fantastic team, great training/development, good benefits
Run by liars
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire8 March 2019
Management Seem to think it’s ok to be very inappropriate and perverted. All staff are rude and make inappropriate comments about any one coming in trying to find work just because they arnt in a suit. Although they think they are quite about it, they aren’t.
Official response from Thorn Baker Recruitment
11 March 2019

Good afternoon,

I'm really sorry to hear this - we take this kind of complaint seriously, would you be happy to talk to us about it? If you are please email your contact information to respond@thornbaker.co.uk and one of our Directors will contact you directly.

Walk of Shame.
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire5 December 2018
The only pros of this job is that you get to meet lovely people.

The Con's they treat you like rubbish!!!

The walk of shame is most revoltingthing ever to witness!! So everyone is the warehouse can see you been sacked!!!

Cold warehouse and you need to be Robot!!!
Pros
People are lovely
Cons
Cold warehouse and you need to be Robot!!!
good agency
Telehandler Operator (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire20 November 2018
Looked after me managed to find me work even on a saturday went out of there way to help me find something for he monday. Managing director even got on the case !!
Preductive and fun
Agency Worker (Current Employee) –  Heanor31 October 2018
The Hours are good, the staff are polite and very welcoming the work they gave me is steady and pretty enjoyable all the lads at work are very sociable with makes the days fly by.
Pros
Day shifts
*would NEVER recommend *
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Loughborough19 September 2018
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY*
worked here 6 months.
Staff are unbelievably RUDE.
they are forever replacing people!
would never work there again!!
Pros
Coffee machine.
Cons
everything about the company!
Shocking place
packer (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire24 July 2018
thornbaker staff are rude, especially the ugly fat one. unrealisitic targets, treated like slave. they recruit new people daily and dismiss old staff.
Pros
nothing
Cons
recruiters, quality controllers, hard work, wrong instructions given, expected to be a robot
Do not apply!!!
GIFT SET PACKER (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire9 July 2018
the staff were rude and make you feel like you shouldn't be there (especially the fat one). When doing the packaging, the instructions were not clear and after 6 hours of working a staff member says that I've been doing it wrong. after that they say to get my bag and they don't come back. this was on my first day and I get fired even though the lady says I'm not getting fired she says don't come back. I DIDNT GET PAID!!! FOR 6 HOURS WORK!!!! WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!
Good agency
Demolition Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire1 July 2018
Worked on a recent demolition Rip out for this agency
As a woman in construction I was more than pleased with the treatment received on site and via management at the agency I would definatley work for then again should work arise in my area and recommend to any others considering this agency
Pros
3 breaks
Fun work place
Self Employed Builder (Former Employee) –  Hoylandswaine20 June 2018
Good easy agency to work for very helpful always work to solve any problems in hand. They always made sure you was ok to work and if you need anything for the job they made sure you go it.
Contracted employe
worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham5 June 2018
Not really satisfying nor any better then any other agency. Not quite as efficient or useful without any actual push they dont really bother employing or helping for job searches.
I wouldnt deal with this agency again
Packing Operative (Former Employee) –  Lemonpath18 May 2018
You sign up for 40+ hrs contract with Lemonpath and lucky if its two days! They do show you how to do the job, tell you about fire exits but do not go over company policys and procedures.

One Agency staff worker made you feel like you shouldnt be there and seemed in a different world and unhelpful. However the other agency staff member she was helpful but the level of professionalism just wasnt there.

The work its self wasnt bad as long as you wasnt with someone who was "slow" or "making excuses" to leave their position to waste time asking numerous questions of the supervision staff. So you get penelised reguardless if you are keeping up or not if you work with a slow worker.

Low level lighting within the building made it hard at times to see certain things that you needed to carry out your job. The actual Lemonpath staff was a mixed bag of good and bad. They seemed helpful/ok but you find different ones will come round and tell you different from what the first one told you so you got conflicting instructions and thats within the first part of the morning until they shift ended. I didnt rate it personally and this was my personal observation.
Pros
Work its self was near enough self explanitary
Cons
conflicting instructions, lack of professionalism, lack of being made aware of the companies policys & procedures, penalised if the person you work with is slow.
Please avoid!!
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire15 April 2018
They contacted me to register with them after applying for a job & was promised to be starting work first thing Monday morning.After driving 25 miles to their office & registering,they'd changed their mind,said that they didn't know when I'd be starting as they already had clients lined up for the job.Yet,when they rung me up,they were desperate for me to register with them as they were short staffed for the job. PLEASE AVOID AS THEY'RE NOTHING BUT LIARS. I'd rather be unemployed (which I am) than be constantly lied to like this.
Pros
Liars.
Cons
Get you to register non exsistent jobs.
great place for seasonal work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire7 April 2018
If you looking for temporary (6-8 months) job this is a great place to work. Everybody there is nice and friendly including managers. As long as you work hard and hit your targets you would really enjoy working there. I ve been at so many warehouses where managers are so rude and the people who work there are even worse. So far this is one of the best warehouses i have worked for.
Pros
great environment
Cons
non
Horrible
Packer (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire29 January 2018
All the lemonpath staff and Thorne baker staff lie to employees all the time this job is advertised at 5 days a week. The only time it's 5 days a week is close to a holiday all the other times without warning you will be told not to come in. Good place if they like you as soon as your on the other side they will mess you around and use you as a backup.
Productive and fun workplace
Branch Administrator - Construction Department (Former Employee) –  Leeds21 January 2018
Great place to work, great hierarchy. Fantastic benefits. Management really good and great training given. Everyone in the office works well together. Great morale.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thorn Baker Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.

Thorn Baker Recruitment Reviews by Location