Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

United Kingdom200 reviews
I love working at Thomson Reuters, partially because I had wanted to work with them since finishing University.
The chance to then work their was like a dream come true for me

However, hours were long, and were expected to fit your day around working in a global operation.
Pros
Free Onsite Gym, good restuarant and food
Cons
Long hours, pending on where you live travel could be arduous
Good opportunity for career growth. International company. Global outlook with a domestics reach. Great opportunty to travel and work in various cities and countries.
Pros
good opportunity for career growth
The best place to work in London. People are good. Company ethics are good. Trust is the best. Reuters news is amazing. The office parties were great. Socializing was good.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
nothing
Commercial decisions are too difficult to make due to the corporate red-tape and processes.
Management don't understand the competitive market

Little evaluation of market requirements before developing new products
Pros
Travel opportunities
Cons
Inexperienced management - don't understand the job or the competitive market place
The technical support system is atrocious. If you are not performing and it’s not your fault based on company tech issues then this is seen as only your problem !

No support is given. Written emails displaying rudeness and slander given on the newsroom floor by management level!

Shocking experience thus far.
Worth working for!
Great work life balance depending on line manager

Culture is about high performance and about developing to your potential

Fellow colleagues make working there meaningful.
Whilst only completing work experience, I really got a sense of what the company stands for. Whilst being competitive and fast-paced this was exciting and inviting for anyone who loves a challenge.
Its a very nice environment where you learn a lot of new things every day and experience new things in the business. I was also able to interview people from their international businesses
Thomson Reuters is an extremely fast paced organisation that only cares about revenue. As a company they do not invest in it's employee's or their mental health, nor do they support or value employee's in order to succeed.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Thomson Reuters?
Leanring and dealing with a variety of work related issues. Sometimes complex in nature but interesting and challenging. I manage a team of 8 heavily focused on building their skills and development in core HR processes and procedures,
I left TR due to moving to Cornwall and having spine problems. After many years of working in London, I needed to give my back a rest from all the travelling I did.
A great place to work. Very supportive management. Well resourced I. Terms of information and tools to to deliver on your objectives. It was a short contract, but I would work there again if the opportunity arose.
Good company. Too many managers though - requires a flatter structure.

Decent work/life balance

Happy to discuss flexible working arrangements

Decent pay
My business area was siloed so have little input into overall TR culture, but what I saw was positive. They are very strong on allowing flexible working from home. new Canary Wharf office was totally open plan which can be plus or minus, in this case it did little to help build team spirit was we were so separated from rest of HR. IT support is very bare bones so if you used to having a hands on tech person, or team admin that helps with IT set up then this isn't for you.
Great compnay to work for.
Accorded me opportunity to meet new people and travel the world.

Will need dedication to work here but for the determined individual, a great place to work and thrive
Один из лучших коллективов, в которых я работал. Практически безграничная возможность к прогрессу, новаторским идеям и активному росту.
Had a great 10 years at TR. Greatly enjoyed the role, but people are very much left to their own devices and get limited guidance. There also appears to be a lack of understanding of client's needs. Senior Management could also be more effective

Fantastic place to work for those seeking a great work lifestyle balance with decent remuneration.
It was my first corporate company. I didn't like much at Thomson Reuters, but by the time I was leaving this company I felt like it's my first home with and had a nice overall experience.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets. Work hard - no play
Poor Leadership

Poor Accountability

Poor Reward Dynamic

Excellent staff
The calibre of people that work there is very high. People are passionate about the company despite changes that have occurred. There can be a 'boys club' mentality within sales which hinders progression if not part of it.
A small office in the centre of Edinburgh. No career progress possible. The management isn't interested in the personal growth of employees, no budget for social activities.