Thompsons Solicitors Employee Reviews

Avoid like the plague
Executive (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire18 August 2019
No support given.
Too much pressure on staff.
Not enough money for what is expected of you.
Expect the earth from you.
Miserable place to be.
Dreaded going into work.
Whole place lacks moral.
No formal training provided - just thrown in at the deep end.
Lack of progression.
Staff turnover is high due to the above.
Pleasant place to work
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire31 May 2019
I’ve worked for a Thompson’s for a few years now and enjoy going to work.

My role as progressed since starting and I have learnt a lot and I continue to learn along the way.

It can be extremely busy at times and can seem difficult to prioritise the work correctly.

When you feel under pressure you can speak to management and ask for help. One positive thing is being able to work in quiet areas to help you feel less stressed as the office is busy and fast paced.

The firm are open to your suggestions on how to make procedures run more smoothly, improving work productivity etc.

Overall a great firm to work for, regular pay increases with review, friendly staff, nearly 2 week of at Christmas, regular treats.
Pros
Social Club, Treat Days, Chance to progress.
Cons
High workload and pressure at times.
Workplace
Executive (Current Employee) –  NFTC30 May 2019
I have worked for Thompsons for 15 years.

Salary and pension is really good.

Good working environment

Been part of the trade union movement

Flexible working
Pros
Nearly 2 weeks off xmas, Holidays, and Pension and working
Cons
Really busy at times
Productive and Fun Workplace
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire17 May 2019
I have worked for a number of law firms and Thompsons is definitely the best thus far. Due to health issues caused at a previous company, I made a decision on taking a step down the ladder with taking a role at Thompsons and it is the best decision I have made The support from my manager and colleagues has been excellent. Nice people work here and always humorous banter going off. Have pizza days, dress down days and time off at Christmas.
Pros
Time off at Christmas
Cons
Underpaid
Everyone in the team is really helpful, the office is very friendly and nothing is ever too much for anyone. Management team are really supportive with regular training.

I definitely enjoy coming to work :)
Pros
Everthing
Great Palce to work!
I really enjoy my job here at Thompsons, everyone is a team player if you ever need anything.

Management are really helpful with any question you have and someone will always be available to talk.

I've learned a lot here and still do learn new things everyday, especially in my team!
Pros
Dress down Days
Jolly good place
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire16 May 2019
A good place to work for. The staff are all friendly and are willing to help you, excellent support from supervisors/manager, Positive atmosphere, easy access to any other support needed inc HR. Able to progress within the firm.
Pros
Flexibility, Support, Appraisal
Friendly Atmosphere
Members of staff were really welcoming and the atmosphere around the office is generally quite positive. The hardest part of the job is that there can be very busy periods, however these are managed with planning and all members of the team helping with the workload. There are treat days, such as dress down days, fruit on a Tuesday and Thursday, and pizza days, as well as a Christmas party each year and a sports and social club. There is also a lot of opportunity to donate to different charities and also to put forward ideas of charities or events that you would like help/take part in. Overall, the company is a good company to work for with good benefits and opportunities.
Pros
Pleasant working environment/staff
Cons
At times the work load can be high pressure
I Love My Job!
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire16 May 2019
I have worked for the firm for a number of years and I love my role at Thompsons.

There are many perks to working at Thompsons, annual leave for long standing member is fantastic and it help me balance being a mum and working full time.

Thompsons are always looking at ways to improve the working environment and I feel that things get better all the time.

I have worked at a number of places and the grass is no way greener.

I hope that one day (in many years) I will retire from Thompsons.
Pros
Annual leave, pay progression, lovely enviroment
Cons
I would like flexible working, longer hours over less days
Great place to work!
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield16 May 2019
I have worked for Thompsons nearly 3 years and I thoroughly enjoy working here. I enjoy my job role and I work in a great team (Admin) they are all lovely people and make coming to work enjoyable. Its a friendly environment here in the office and all the people are very hardworking and easy to get along with. We also receive a lot of benefits working at Thompsons for example dress down days, pizza days, an Easter egg at Easter, advent calendars at Christmas, Christmas parties, Christmas meals, a social club with different days/nights out and the list goes on!
Pros
pizza days!
Cons
the travel to work
Pre-litigation Executive (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire3 April 2019
At Thompsons you have your own case load meaning your own clients. You can gain lots of skills such as case management and organisation skills. You can be in full control of your caseload and have supervision when needed.
Awful
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire28 February 2019
The worse place ever! Just an awful environment no proper training and the most unorganised office I have ever been in! Avoid at all cost - just wish I would of known more about it when I started then I wouldn’t of wasted my time there.
Pros
Cons
Every Thing
Bullying firm
Solicitor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear12 February 2019
Terrible firm to work for. Management and team leaders gang up on team members until they are at breaking point then nothing gets done if you complain about the blatent bullying. No career progression. Avoid working for this firm at all cost!
Pros
Cons
Bullying, unprofessional team leaderd
Not Great
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire27 December 2018
People all. Have there own click you feel. Out the loop and quite upset going to work each day. One manger out of 3 is lovely.
You feel you can't ask when stuck but then get told off for not asking worst start to any job no training no scheduled help Just left.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Colleges and training
Out of Date
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire14 December 2018
You dread going to work, wondering who has resigned this time.
They train you with bullying to the point you feel you are awful.

Money can't buy your sanity. Avoid.
not bad place to work
filing clerk (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow17 November 2018
sorting & filing mail for solicitors who think they are above you in life. In general a good place to work and good for someone coming out of high school for some work experience in an office-type environement.
Awful Management. Good work, bad micromanagement to the extreme
Litigation Assistant/Paralegal (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 November 2018
Awful Management. Good work, bad micromanagement to the extreme

Every minute must be accounted for.

No reward system, bonuses, overtime, or acknowledgement of success.

Constant hounding and pressure. Reinforced criticism with little or no acknowledgement of good work.
Pros
Broad spectrum of work
Cons
Good company to work for
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow20 September 2018
A busy office and a good environment. I have gained a lot of experience and confidence whilst working here. Thompsons have an annual Day Away every year and it is a good social place to work in. the most enjoyable part of my job is working in a good team and helping others.
Pros
Day Away
Good employer to gain experience
Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea12 September 2018
Provides employees with good relevant experience in chosen field. Room for career progression is minimal. Holiday entitlement is very reasonable in comparison to standard within the profession.
Pros
Good and fair holiday entitlement and salary
Cons
Poor career progressionpathway
Controlling and manipulative
Personal injury lawyer (Former Employee) –  London7 September 2018
A culture of overworking employees to breaking point and then blaming them if something goes wrong. A general feeling of not being supported which is disgusting for a firm that supports employment unions. The worst employment experience of my life.
Pros
Reasonable salary
Cons
Terrible atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thompsons Solicitors. Our community is ready to answer.