Thomas Cook

Thomas Cook Employee Reviews for Travel Consultant

Travel Consultant107 reviews
United Kingdom107 reviews
No two days were the same, which, for me, added to the anticipation each morning. The manager and colleagues were lovely, and we all supported each other, and celebrated each other's achievements.

Unfortunately this company is no longer in operation, so this review is irrelevant.
I love travel , and love helping customers out , I started from school and left in 2019 when the company went into liquidation, but I am willing for a change now with the circumstances what's going off in the world .
Not much support in the job. Kind of learn as you go- but on your own. No training or go to. Very intimidating and working amongst knowledgeable people- but with no time to help train you.
If Thomas Cook had not ceased trading, I would still be there.
I love interacting with the public and also loved working in a team. Overcoming objections and making customers happy was the best part of my job and the thing I excelled at.
The company has fallen into administration therefore there is not many things to be said however when working with the company there was not much faith in people .
Company was okay to work for. Alot of pressure to get results and not great for progression! Perks at work were a positive and staff members were nice!
Store I worked in was fantastic. Brilliant store managers and great team. All worked brilliantly together and never would have left if I hadn’t been made redundant
Loved the job but it was hard to work there, the environment was very negative behind the fascade, the manager would use staff as scape goats, hide from big problems, take credit for others hard work and treat staff terrible through verbal abusive too. I loved the job i did but not the manager. Human resources didnt take it seriously either.
I have been with Thomas Cook for 7 years in various job roles. It was a great company to work for and my team was great. Thomas Cook has been a comfort blanket for me, so now I have to face a new challenge.
After working for Thomas cook for 24 years it was a very emotional time watching them cease trading. I loved my job in every aspect after being a branch manager for 11 years only deciding to go part time after having my children I have loved every role within each position in the company. I am taking this opportunity to look for a new challenge in my working life.
Enjoyed my 20 years and was sad to leave, but looking forward to a new challenge. I an a trustworthy and loyal employee looking for a part time opportunity top provide a great customer experience and would be an asset to any team.
Pros
Cons
Redundancy
Being a travel agent wasnt just about booking holidays, we had to be up to date with many regulations such as aml and gdpr, plus lots of other things like selling foreign exchange, filing, cleaning and other office duties.
We had many loyal customers that came back to us time after time as they appreciated what we did for them and they trusted us with their holiday requirements, many would pop in for a chat now and again.
company collapsed - no longer trading - gone into receivership -
ceased trading on the 23 September 2019, Thomas Cook no longer exists as a company..
Fantastic place to work. Staff are amazing. Customers are brilliant.
Shame it all had to come to an end in the way it did.

Really did enjoy the job and i have some incredible memories.
Disgraceful how staff have been treated! Upsetting to find out you have lost your job through the news while all the big bosses are rolling in it. Management are very 2 faced.
Great company to work for, unfortunately now out of business. I learned so many new skills while working with Thomas Cook through on the job training and knowledge shared between colleagues.
I loved my job until the company went into liquidation

I started as an apprentice at 16 and stayed with them for 20 years, right up until they collapsed.
Very good team to work with, but mostly working on low numbers. Over whole working without breaks eventually resulting in shop closure and been made redundant
I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of my job and am devastated that it should have ended so suddenly after 15 years with the Failure of Thomas Cook. looking forward now to new challenges and to stretch myself.
Loved working at Thomas Cook, it was like one big happy family with customers at our heart in everything we did. Hardest part was leaving due to redundancy
After being a travel consultant for over 23 years i was totally devastated when the company went into liquidation, even some days were tough but I still loved every part of my job and are deeply saddened that i won't ever work for them again.