Thomas Cook

Thomas Cook Employee Reviews for Sales Consultant

Sales Consultant72 reviews
United Kingdom72 reviews
As the company is now in Liquidation so I have been made redundant. I enjoyed my time with the company and was employed there for nearly 22 years. It was a very sad day when it went down.
The longer you work there the better it gets' knolage is key to sucess the more ypu have the better sales person you are' share with others and they share back 'very friendly place to work as lo g as you dont cross any ome
Nothing further to say .. it was bad management from above that failed the company not the hard working front line staff .. I was loyal to the company would of preferred the company to be as loyal to us instead of being just number .
Well. What can one say. When you don’t even know your not going to have a job before the media!!??!! And now having a fight on our hands to get paid for what we have worked. Due to be paid but company went bust 6 days before pay day. Two weeks on just got letters to apply on line for wages and a further 6 weeks to find out of will be paid????
the company has unfortunately gone bust, very good conmpany to work for with lots of benefits. Fairly treated and amazing higher management, paid holiday leave reasonable pay
Thomas Cook was an amazing company to work for and if it had not gone bust I would still be there.
They had excellent training opportunities and gave you the options to progress within the business.

I felt my time with them was a great experience and I learnt may things,

I have built an extensive knowledge within the travel industry and also within customer service.
Have spent the past twenty years with people I now call friends.

I've learnt some great skills and seen some of the most amazing places on the planet that I never for a moment thought I would.
A day at work would be typically, answering the phone, dealing with customers in the branch. doing administration, getting prices for holidays or tailor-made itineraries, doing training courses an of course selling holidays.
On a daily basis i would be selling holidays and foreign currency. Administration and helping customers with their enquirers . Banking of the daily currency and takings .
Working for Thomas Cook was a great first job to have. The Team in the Sudbury store was amazing and supportive. Targets were sometimes tough when you have political issues such as Brexit.
Thomas Cook was a fantastic place to work prior to their collapse. No two days were the same and there was a brilliant team feeling. My immediate manager was always approachable and helpful. I hope to find employment with a similar team spirit.
Would never have left this company if the worst wouldn't have sadly happened. The team we had was amazing and everyone was proud to work there. Lots of long serving staff throughout the company.
company no longer active , I enjoyed my 23 years with the company and was heartbroken when they collapsed. I loved my customers and colleagues and my immediate manager was so supportive
Work/life balance very good, amazing people to work with, shame the top bosses got to greedy!
Incentives and benefits very poor but loved working with my team.
Thomas Cook retail was the best place to work! Loved everything about it from sales, customer service, foreign exchange and bonuses! Including educational's!
Didn't find you were paid enough for the volume of work you are expected to do. However, opportunities to progress were often and trips abroad were regular to improve staff knowledge.
something different to do everyday, great getting to know new people, developed skills on how to adapt to different customer types, helping new colleagues, developed confidence in myself. phone/computer skills developed. a fun team always willing to do their best no matter what they day threw at them.
Good whilst it lasted!
I’ve enjoyed 28 years service this unfortunately came to an abrupt end when the company collapsed on Monday.

That’s all I can say
I loved my job at Thomas Cook and was very passionate about my day to day role. I had the most amazing customers that I went the extra mile for. It was the saddest day of my working life when Thomas Cook ceased trading and had not choice but to close its doors.
Loved it until it went bust. Busy little shop. Work hard, no overtime pay, have to be dual skilled, always short staffed. Such a shame cos had great colleagues.
I have only worked here for 2 years, I wouldn't of changed it for anything. Every day was different and facing different challenges and overcoming with a suitable solution. The work place was like a family, you all got a lot and worked so well as a team.