Thomas Cook

Thomas Cook Employee Reviews for Flight Attendant

Flight Attendant84 reviews
United Kingdom84 reviews
I loved my job as cabin crew at Thomas Cook and worked there for 21 years . Sadly the company was mismanaged and we were all made redundant when Thomas Cook went into liquidation.

I had a great work life balance as I was able to work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off plus we could swap duty days and earn overtime on days off.

Good salary with commission and flight duty pay on top of a basic salary.
Great company to work for but unfortunately the company no longer exists. But whilst I was employed by them I was able to travel the world and see many places I would not have normally visited.
Pros
Travelling
Cons
The workplace was a very friendly environment where i met some off the most amazing people, we all loved our job and the perks of travelling the world.
Close nit family, good work ethic and an open and honest culture to speak freely, hardest part of the job could be working with strangers on a day to day basis but this was also a perk. Being sleep deprived is a weekly accurence but was always worth it.
Miss working there, job of a lifetime, great people, good money, great perks, took me to many great destinations and some really unusual ones can't believe its ended
You are not really up to date with your company rattings ... Thomas Cook colapsed ... It does not exist anymore . So it is strage to ask me abut the company that ... closed there doors overnight.
Thomas Cook was an amazing airline to work for, unfortunately due to financial reason they are no more, the whole process from the interview, to the training course, and finally getting on board an aircraft was outstanding, everyone who worked from them was friendly, helpful and very down to earth, no question was a stupid question.
Great company to work for. I am heart broken and sad that it’s gone but sunny heart In the skies. Colleagues and mangers made the days easy and fun.
Company no longer exists I enjoyed my time there and loved the cabin crew role. I enjoyed the customer facing customer service and enjoyed the challenge
A job where flexibility is essential, long working hours but extremely rewarding, providing excellent customer service 24/7. Had to be smart of appearance, well spoken, very punctual and reliable. Able to work as a team but also on own initiative working to tight schedule whilst remaining positive and enthusiastic. Sales oriented working to targets/commission based with excellent incentives.
If the company still existed, I would recommend it as a fair and competitive employer to work for. Great opportunities and experiences. A great sense of community and pride. The customers were our world putting them foremost, and building a firmer future.
no day was the same very long hours but enjoyment throughout every day
good teamwork enjoyable workplace

meeting new people everyday

hardest part of job unsociable hours

support from managrment
Was a great place to work at, my work colleagues were the best to work with, very professional and made work fun. Shame the fat cats got greedy and sunk the company into the ground otherwise i'd still be there.
Work as cabin crew for almost 22 year now redundant. Enjoyed my time there and made many friends for life. Very upset that no longer exists. Visited many amazing destinations and had a great work/personal life.
If you love your job, you never have to work a day in your life! Every day was a pleasure. And I truly mean that! Not much else to say."........................
Pros
As already mentioned, plus experiencing different locations and cultures.
Cons
Long hours and jet lag and positioning via various transports
Thomas Cook no longer exists. The company went into liquidation on 23rd September 2019.

Dealing with members of the public while they were on business or on vacation.
As Cabin Crew the work was long hours but different every day. Always meeting new people and working with ever changing crew members on each flight. We always worked really well as a team, which was vital for the job. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers when you only have your wits and your work colleagues around to help calm the situations that arose. The best part of the job was the fabulous long haul destinations that we flew to and the friendships we made with the other crew.
An amazing company to work for however unfortunately Thomas Cook UK and all of its UK subsidiaries - including Thomas Cook Airlines UK, has now ceased operations: 23rd September 2019.
Loved working for Thomas Cook, unfortunately made redundant. Looking for work within the travel industry. I worked as Cabin Crew for 18 1/2 years, excellent customer service experience, Reliable, excellent time keeper, can work well as a team or on my own, Good communicator.
It is with great regret that I find my self redundant due to the company going into liquidation, I loved the job, the challenges and most of all the people I had the pleasure to work with for 21 years.I progressed to Cabin manager but was used to dealing with the bars and reconciling the monies.
I am looking for a new career and hoping to find one that includes the outdoors, people and animals
thoroughly enjoyed my time working for this company and got to experience travel to many different countries, it was a fantastic job shame management failed and made us all redundant.