Thomas Cook Employee Reviews

A great place to work with great people
Sales Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester4 January 2018
Every day was never the same, we have a great community with lots of interaction even though we where a virtual team.

A typical day would consist of meetings, 121's, coaching and observations, focusing on developing our people and knowledge. We would recognise excellent service through performance and commendations. We would drive performance throughout the day via email and be a support for our staff via email and phone. Each month I would go on home visits to conduct monthly appraisals and have some 121 interaction.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the people, many of which I have worked with for over 15 years, I have been able to develop my knowledge and personal skills through working in many different departments.

I have had the amazing opportunity to travel worldwide in my role which is one of the things I will miss the most.
Pros
Excellent concessions
Good employer, fun environment
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands30 December 2017
Fun environment and employees are proud of products. Lots of good award winning ongoing training for employees.
Various roles within the company so opportunities up to manager level are there for people that want to do well
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Difficult to get past manager role
Stressful - management is shocking (at my branch)
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kendal, Cumbria27 December 2017
There's a culture of blame seeking to avoid getting in trouble oneself so that your every mistake is dragged up publicly and even the smallest mistake turns into a witch hunt. Another frustrating issue is that the roster is always hidden somewhere so if any changes are made you never know and believe me, changes can happen at the drop of a hat.
friendly staff and comfortable workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bolton20 December 2017
all staff are frequently trained, this made my feel very confident if I needed to ask any questions.

everyone who worked in the store, on the days I was there, was extremely friendly as well as polite.
Very good company to work for
Travel Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Does20 December 2017
Good products, worldwide company, give you good training and support, lots of opportunities and a good career path for future. Flexible working hours.
Used to love
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow15 December 2017
Busy. Multi task. Fun. Cluster manager not good, you need a manager in every shop. Online training good. Short staffed, Too much expected of you. Targets unrealistic.
Thomas Cook
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Ballymena14 December 2017
Thomas Cook i feel is the Best Travel agency to work for as they offer so much for customers on a daily basis. If there is anything you want they have it and will always make sure they help you in any way. I love working for them.
Productive shop and excellent working place
Branch assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Wetherby, West Yorkshire13 December 2017
sales driven good management. customer service driven. foreign exchange focus and competitor aware. excellent team work within the branch and cluster.
Tour Operator
Travel Advisor (Former Employee) –  Home Based1 December 2017
Thomas Cook is a multi national brand which is professionally run. This sometimes makes them less flexible. There are opportunities to advance in a career . Good benefits. Strict timekeeping.
Pros
Great holiday concessions
friendly colleagues
Team Member (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester25 November 2017
Everyone was warm and welcoming.

Highly friendly and enjoyed meeting everyone.

The best part of the job was meeting/ talking to all the customers which came into the store.

Want to know more about Thomas Cook?

Ask a question
Good, fun, exciting
Travel consultant/agent (Former Employee) –  East Midlands21 November 2017
I enjoyed my time at cooks. its a fun environment thats different every day but its really up to you what you make of it. Some days are more exciting than others.
Pros
good work hours
Cons
low salary
Fun place to work
Seconded Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Larbert, Falkirk16 November 2017
A typical day at Thomas Cook is never typical, things in travel can change on a day to day basis and in travel every day is a school day which makes the job exciting. It is mainly dealing with service calls and any sales can be made through service calls. The hardest part of the job for me is the shift work, the most enjoyable part is the support and the friendship of your colleagues.
Pros
Concessions on travel
Cons
Shift work
Travel Agent
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire10 November 2017
Phone-based selling, great and fun environment, supporting colleagues and management. Rewarding incentives and achievable targets. Most enjoyable part is the culture.
Hard sale employees treated poorly
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sussex7 November 2017
Hard sale if your an assistant manager your cluster manager forces you to cold call people in Boxing Day no work life balance possibly the worse company I have ever worked at
Pros
Able to progress
Cons
Poor employee care
Great work life balance
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 November 2017
Friendly staff and good work life balance

Discount were available to staff from some of the shops at Manchester airport back in 2004

Free parking for staff
productive, happy , rewarding
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  selby3 November 2017
Typical day included admin, booking holidays, working the foreign exchange booth.
I gained much experience of the travel industry here and thoroughly enjoyed my time with the company
Pros
uniform. travel perks
Cons
none really
So sun!!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hexham1 November 2017
Loved my job at Thomas Cook. Great company to work for and lots of friendly people who became like family! The Management was very structure and very relaxed, felt very valued as an employee.
Pros
Fun!
Cons
Low Wage
Great place to see the world
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian27 October 2017
Great place to meet life long friends,see the world. Good place to work up the career ladder, starting as an apprentice all the way up the ladder. Good working environment
Pros
Good educatianals
Cons
Peoples expectations
Fun anf hard work
Kids Rep (Former Employee) –  Turkey26 October 2017
Loved working overseas
Long hours of work 9am-10pm
Fun job on daily bases
Loved meeting new holiday makers
Become more independent
Enjoyed sales
Enjoyed planning new activities
Thomas Cook
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire25 October 2017
Not bad at all. If the money wasnt so low, I may never have left. Good fun to work for, they look after staff, and the managers were a decent group. They at least seemed to understand that staff are people, and not numbers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomas Cook. Our community is ready to answer.