Thirteen Group

Thirteen Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews
Excellent company to work with, I really enjoyed the veriety of work.
Working on void and tented property in the north east.

Managing my time and working to the best of my ability.
Thirteen used to have great ethos and was a good company to work for. However management restructure resulted in inexperienced senior and front line managers acquiring these positions. Managers are self serving, immature and unprofessional. Resulting in poor staff retention and poor delivery of services. No longer any investment in people unfortunately.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
I've worked at some places, but for people talking about people behind their backs, this tops the lot. I suffer with depression and anxiety and the role I was working in (voids) the training was not structured and very faced paced. I also heard people talking about me in a negative manner, which management didn't seem to care . Reached out about my mental health to management, they advised me to resign.
too many management who are clever on computers but have a serious lack of working experience and knowledge,Certain management have kiss arsed there way into their position , this company has fantastic potential without the arselickers
Great place to work, they are leading in their sector in many OD/LD, culture change projects and are an excellent employer to work for. I would recommend this as a place to work.
Excellent company to work for..well run and very friendly .had no problems with the work given and all management and workmates were friendly,helpful and approachable ..all materials were supplied an ppe supplied.
Thirteen was a good company to work for all round.
Early start and various tasks to be done each day so a varied role.

I got my Health & Safety City & Guilds with them
I have had a lot of opportunity to progress my career, The business is growing all the time. We work collaboratively with stakeholders and internal teams.
The company values are strongly imposed and I believe in them.

The best part of my job is the customers and supporting them to progress and live fulfilled lives
I worked for thirteen at several locations in the North East x it was brilliant t at first but they proceeded to make all there middle management apply for their own jobs x ( under a different job title ), they did this earlier before I stated with shop floor workers x some staff did not get to keep their jobs and were replaced by people who were not suitable for the task. When your face fits it's a good place to work but that can changed when it does they bully you out of your job .
Great company overall to work for great work force to , unfortunately not has the best of times personally working for thirteen , got my employment ended just before the new tax year of 2018 to be asked to come back 3 weeks later then again this year my employment will be ending with thirteen around the the tax year expect I will not be coming back
Friendly team, always willing to assist, working within a productive team. Work offered flexi time which was useful. Offered a lot of job satisfaction as the role was enjoyable and no two days were the same.
Pros
Flexi time
Thirteen are a company with vision who make sure that the views of their staff are taken in to consideration. Management are supportive and put their teams first. Have no hesitation in recommending Thirteen as an employer.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
No cons
Caretaking side is physically challenging and not for a weak stomach, but once you get used to it, can be a very good job.
Duties include :

Clearing properties, property maintenance and garden maintenance,
Good place to work, typical day working in office approving risk assessments, day to day management of Staff and Health and Safety, safeguarding and recruitment.
Pros
Mileage
I have worked at this company for 17 years and gone from part time to full time. I have made many friends here and enjoy the time that I have had working with this company.
Pros
Working hours are good
Cons
No job satisfaction
Social housing is a challenging environment to work in but has its rewards too. Company tries to adapt to changing environment to cut costs and prevent job losses.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Challenging environment