Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews

xx
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire12 October 2018
ok company to work for, seen the company change a lot in the long time I worked there,tipical American owned company,only interested in there investment
overall
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Loughborough8 October 2018
very stressful
not a great working atmosphere
very little progression scope
very long days at work
extremely poor management
workplace culture not great
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  East Grinstead, West Sussex8 October 2018
Great people to work with job is good doing loads of different jobs not just stuck doing one thing, pay is definitely good for the work you do, shifts are great too and benefits you get here are perfect
Pros
People are so friendly
ok
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Inchinnan, Renfrewshire26 September 2018
Just like every other day at work. New skills within job role. N/A. Just like every other workplace probably. Communication. Shift patterns are difficult to adapt to. The fact i get a free gym membership.
Cons
Management have no idea what they are doing
n/a (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire8 September 2018
Over worked and treated like a robot . The job is extremely stressful because there are so many problems.. No one wants to work here therefore they are always short staffed.
Management makes it very obvious they have their favourites and if you just get on with your job and not moan you just get completely ignored... The ones that moan all the time get listened to and the people who never moan and work hard dont get a look in.
Would not recommend anyone to work here, especially as they give false job descriptions when advertising.
Pros
nice staff who work very hard
Cons
absolutely none what so ever
productive and well managed workplace
QC (Former Employee) –  Ashford28 August 2018
deals with producing DNA storage tubes by moulding, as an operator one needed to collect the product produced and pack them, as an QC, I was given job to check the product every hour inorder to make sure the machine was producing a good product. With so many machines running in a managed way I think this company was a productive one.
Pros
good sanitation
very poor management on every level
WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT / MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Perth21 August 2018
No trainings, people are not important only production targets are importent. All the time preasure that you should better but if you want learn is no opportunity for that. Poor pay raise every year.
Cons
Relaxed and fun place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire21 August 2018
Great place to work in terms of other employees but wages are low and progression is very limited. Not alot of benefits and no appreciation of employees.
Pros
people who work there are fun
Cons
very low wages
Amazing workplace but lacking in employee progression
Senior manufacturing technician (Former Employee) –  Warrington14 August 2018
I loved my time at thermo so much. Lovely people on the site i worked at and really good worker benefits. However, the salary was poor vs other manufacturing companies and there was a distinct lack of opportunities for employee progression within the company.
good place to learn, management weaknesses
QC Scientific Officer, Patheon (Current Employee) –  Swindon28 July 2018
It is a great place to get first insights into working in a GMP regulated environment. There are great learning opportunities, if you are willing to actively push for training all the time. Management weaknesses create a lot of uncertainties and unstructured working environment
Nice working environment
Quality Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire18 June 2018
I went here for a week for work experience. All the staff there were kind, considerate and able to explain what to do to me. Although the job was fairly repetitive, working in Quality Control, it helped me realise that I'd prefer to go into the research side of science.
Pros
Good lunch, go home early on a friday
Cons
Repetitive
Friendly staff and close knit team
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  East Grinstead, West Sussex20 May 2018
I worked here for many years in east grinstead and found the team mostly good and friendly. I only left due to wanting to change my career and was sad to leave. The benefits offered are great compared to most companies. The only thing I will say is if you are not prepared to be on your feet a good part of the day then do not bother applying as you will spend most of the day standing up and being very busy.
Overall I would say if you get on well with people and are friendly and hard working you will fit in great here also a good sense of humour will help too.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Being on your feet all day.
Good company re located in another country.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire15 May 2018
Good workforce producing excellent products.
Great teamwork and good management.
As part of a global corporation it was decided to move operations to Germany.
Pros
Good work force
Cons
Moving operations to Germany
Hard work, good pay.
Injection Moulding Technician (Former Employee) –  Ashford10 May 2018
Shame they have announced the closure of the Ashford site at the end of 2019. This was a great place to earn money and work hard. Unfortunately the manufacturing base is being moved abroad.
Pros
See title.
Cons
See text.
Excellent benefits
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Inchinnan, Renfrewshire24 April 2018
A great company to work for but they do like to take their pound of flesh. Hard going at times but can be rewarding. Great benefit scheme and decent wages.
Pros
Benefit Scheme
Cons
Fast paced but sometimes too fast
Rubbish
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  East Grinstead, West Sussex9 April 2018
Got fired because i had to take my son to the dentist. How is that fair? It isn't. They wouldnt allow me to take emergency phone calls or anything. People got treated better then others
Oh my God
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Cramlington31 March 2018
Worked at the Cramlington site for 3 weeks. Had no skin on my fingers because of blisters. Hated every minute. Left to go to SCA in Prudhoe which is the most physically tiring work I've ever done. Six months working on a production line and used toilet once in that time because I sweated so much. But preferred that to Thermofisher. Clean room conditions for rubbish pay.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everyting
Dedicated and Hardworking..sometimes challenging
Cell Leader (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent22 March 2018
Each day will include many of the same tasks which will not change from week to week eg meetings to attend, reports to send out, however because of the ever changing environment and order book the work remains challenging and fulfilling.

I have gained a great deal of product knowledge and also how the manufacturing industry works.

Management are fair and motivate the staff and also encourage development.

Its a friendly environment and there's always help available if you need anything.

There is sometimes unfortunately a lack of communication across different departments which can be frustrating.

No day is the same and there is always something to be doing.
Pros
Encouraged development opportunities
Cons
Occasional lack of communication across departments.
Very busy site with strong sense of team work
Production Team Leader (Current Employee) –  East Grinstead20 March 2018
Very busy department with strong sense of team work and everybody committed to producing quality product. Site is relatively small so every body knows each other
Don’t bother
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  East Grinstead8 March 2018
You are only a number here, nothing else.
Minimum wage, minimum job satisfaction. Patronising managers. Overtime is unpaid.
High turnover of staff as treated like trash.
Pros
Better than the dole
Cons
But not by much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.