Thera Trust Employee Reviews

Avoid at all costs
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  South West15 July 2016
Poor Managment and HR mean no staff support,
Managment will lie to cover them selves and HR will hang the phone up on you.
Clients with no care plans or risk assessments in place, no correct support offered to clients.
Poor training when/if available.
If you see a pay slip it will most likely be wrong and a total nightmare to get sorted.
If you work here you will end up feeling powerless and sad seeing the effect of this poor company on their clients.
Pros
Cons
Chance of appearing on BBC Watchdog
Great Place to work when starting in real world
HR Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grantham2 September 2015
staff really nice and supportive and easy to talk to. The only bad thing about it they only do 6 month contracts so no Job security, but benefits are great.
Pros
offer free training
Cons
no Job security
Avoid at all costs
support worker (Former Employee) –  mansfield and rainworth11 June 2014
Worked for thera east midlands, dont expect any support from management or HR and don't expect to get paid right. In fact, you might even get paid a week later. Managment all for themselfs, only interested in covering their own backs, very little support given AVOID
Pros
Good team
Cons
no support from managment
Temporary employment
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  ENG6 June 2014
Coordinating different areas of activities such as business development, workplans and contribution to the preparation of timely statutory reports.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Lack of resources
A nice place to work
Senior Accounts assistant/ payroll administrator (Former Employee) –  Grantham31 May 2014
I enjoyed to different roles within the company. One as a senior accounts assistant and the other in the payroll department.
Work Place
Quality Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Grantham4 March 2014
I have been working with in the thera group for a few months and I haven't been able to get the hours I have on my contract they haven't given me the correct visits and the manager directors have been very rude when I seek advice.
Management issues
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ely, ENG19 January 2014
Company is based upon them selves and not supporting people with high complex needs.
Money based
good company
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, ENG4 January 2014
i enjoy working with the service users, the pay is fair and conditions mostly good
Pros
fair pay
Cons
no set hours
challenging but fun
Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree24 July 2013
as line manager I was in charge of the community and one house within this trust. I led and supported a team of 8 dedicated support workers in Braintree, Tiptree, Halstead and surrounding areas. It was my role to ensure all care requirements were met for the clients who were both elderly and disabled, we also cared for young disabled adults too. I organised and set up yearly reviews, spot checks and kept accurate precise records on both our clients and staff. I implemented care plans for all clients and ensured the goals were achievable and met. I supported the staff ensuring all training requirements were met and I was approachable to them at even the busiest times. I was on call every other week 24hrs for the whole 7 days, sometimes longer if the other line manager was ill or on holiday. I enjoyed encouraging both staff and clients to reach their potential and was professional at all times with both. I was sad to leave this position when the company was forced to relocate.
Pros
friendly hard working team
Cons
shift work meant nights away from home
Lack if organisation across the company. The work itself is rewarding. Don't expect your pay to be correct.
Support worker community and in house (Former Employee) –  Bury st Edmunds20 March 2013
In summery I loved the supporting aspect of it but besides that.. poor management, and payroll is a joke!
Pros
lots of hours and not bad pay
Cons
not getting paid correctly, no one to turn to to listen to your issues
Great Team work. Very enjoyable company to work for.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Littleport, Ely, Cambridgeshire6 July 2012
Every day I had to Support People with day to day tasks, activites, health care and Choices.

I learnt so much with training, How to Support people with their choices, helping people to better their lives.

Management in head office were very helpful when asked a query.

Co-workers were very helpful, always working well in difficult situations, brilliant communication. In team meetings, the team would always be willing to talk about broached subjects. If a Supported person had a problem or wanted to try something new, the team would discuss it with them and then put it into practice.

The hardest part of the job has to be when the people I supported weren't happy with something about their live's, but the team would always listen, discuss and made it their responsibilty to help change things for the person supported to better their lives.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when everyone is happy, comfortable, having fun and communication with the People supported and the team were all working well together.
Pros
getting involved with supported persons lives and supported them to have a better life.
Cons
management in the home's weren't always supportive.