Thera Trust

Thera Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom92 reviews
It's one of them places if your not in with management (who are ALL besties) your not in, if your not in the staff click you no about it , you dont feel appreciated for the work that you do (unless your up the bosses a***)
Pros
The people we support are lovely
Cons
Management and two faced staff if they like you your ok
GTerrible company, managers are very young power happy women whom do not care about staff, training of staff and do not stick to policies and procedures, they are friends with each other and if you are of more knowledge than the managers they find a way to either push you out or lie getting their friends to back them, and then sack yoy inexperienced young women with no people skills who make support staff work long illegal sasack you
Pros
No pros for this joke of a company
Cons
Long hours, illegal also do not care about staff or support persons safety
I have worked for Thera for just under a year in the senior managment team.
I decided to join Thera as i respect the vision that the company hold.

I have found the company and management structure second to none as they are supportive and inclusive.

I would recommend anyone who is thinking of working in social care look at Theras website
Pros
Challenging but interesting. The team leader and manager are quite supportive and eager to give assistance where needed. Working with the clients gives you a new perspective to life and builds your empathetic skills
The management on all levels can not be trusted.
I have worked in a support for a year, and have had to self manage, due to the incompetence of management.

If you complain to upper management, nothing seems to get done, or any feedback received.
Needs improvement. Staff ok but some were not treating their colleagues with respect even did not respect their seniors and through that we lost most of our good team.
Breeds bullying and rewards for it ...favouritism rife ...7 years loyal employee , company and nasty staff nearly broke me . Shatters hopes of change.
Pros
Guys you support are amazing, they are so grateful in all you do bless them .
Cons
Company has no control... service time comes before...being a competent employee.
Low pay and overworked no work life balance... very poor quality in terms of managing staff and service users and bullying culture filtering down from the top... Needs of the business comes first despite costs and strain on staff Extremely high turnover of staff... I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work there.
Having more than one support there is scope to experience differing levels of complex behaviours and disabilities. Work can be stressfull but rewarding
You don't get paid enough for everything you do, if your with the right staff it's a breeze, you have to do more than is expected, £8.33 for 24/7 work
I have been working for Thera for two months now and I am really enjoying it. We have got a really good hard-working team who are always there to help each other, also a great manager who is very approachable. In the first couple of weeks I was doing training modules which I found really interesting and helpful and whenever I needed some help there was always someone to help me and point me in the right direction. I have received lots of training which has helped me develop my skills and looking forward to more. A typical shift is normally a 13-hour shift which flies by, as we do lots of different activities with the girls that we support such as going to the gym, going shopping for groceries, visiting the museum etc… I find the job really rewarding. For anyone that is interested in support work, I strongly recommended Thera Trust as they are a great company to work for.
Badly managed, no support and a bullying culture prevalent. Colleagues were great people but unfortunately the same can’t be said for the management, they displayed no caring attributes to either service users or staff. Management were only interested in what they could get out of the job for themselves.
I have only been with Thera Trust for about 6 months but I absolutely LOVE it! The staff team are so welcoming and helpful and everybody gets on so well. The job in itself has helped me to progress with my education as I am currently studying my level 2 diploma in adult care whilst working full time. This opportunity was given to me by Thera and will help me to progress in the future. I was also able to complete my care certificate and enhance my previous skills.
On a day-to-day basis, there is 3 members of staff on shift and the shift usually last 13 hours a day but it is so relaxed that it doesn't feel that long. We all work together to provide a happy, safe environment for the ladies and ourselves. The ladies we help support are a delight to be with, they have a variety of work and leisure activities and are always busy and grateful for all the support they receive. During a typical week we support the ladies with their domestic chores of washing, cooking, cleaning etc; travelling to leisure activities and the shops, as well as supporting them with their medication and money. By doing 13 hour shifts, it means that we work our contracted hours in about 3-4 days so the other days we have off which is always nice so I have time to spend with my friends and family. The management at Thera are very supportive and approachable. They are always there to listen and give a helping hand when you need it.
Since working for Thera in Exeter I have enhanced previously learned skills and gained further skills and my Care Certificate. Most shifts are 12-13 hours but this is nothing more than a normal day caring for my own family. There are usually three of the team on duty during the day with one sleeping overnight. We work together assisting each other to provide a happy environment for the ladies and ourselves. The ladies we help support are a delight to be with, they have a variety of work and leisure activities and are always busy and grateful for all the support they receive. During a typical week we support the ladies with their domestic chores of washing, cooking, cleaning etc; travelling to leisure activities and the shops, as well as supporting them with their medication and money. The management team are great, they're approachable, supportive and always willing to listen. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the Exeter traffic on the journey to work and the most agreeable is the joy and delight the ladies exude every day because they live in their own home and are able to participate in all the things they enjoy.
Whilst working at thera the are clicks that makes it hard to work as a team, the management does not take into consideration about working sleep ins and not getting rest they sat get on
Poor management, poor support of staff even when they express they are struggling physically and mentally with the job no one takes you seriously or questions it. So Short staffed so staff Rest of staff have to work long hours. Company does nothing to help anyone unless they are based on head office do not help. Area managers and CSL do not listen or help
Very supportive management structure whilst allowing you to self manage. Definitely a company who “do what it says in the tin”! People with lived experience of a learning disability are employed throughout the company. People supported are company members and are a part of the business planning group. A little behind with the times e.g. LMS not available currently but on its way! Very much focussed on outcomes and goals for people!
Management don't care about bullying of staffs by other staffs and favouritism is very much at play and the managers in North London branch don't care
Unless you are a friend or family keep away. Management non existent. Support for staff non existent. Bullying is rife and don't even think about complaining as no one listens, even at Head Office. Keep away at all cost.
I have worked here for 3 and a half years. I find it okay to work here but would not recommend it. The hours can be very long with split shifts, the role itself is very demanding with little company benefits. We dont get paid mileage fairly as not all journeys are paid for which means staff have to cover it. It is nice supporting individuals as its great seeing them become independent.
Pros
Sometimes flexible
Cons
Long hours, split shifts, mileage not paid fairly, no overtime rate
Friendly team + understanding managers. Long hours at times. With limited things to do to keep yourself busy on the shift. It's a great little job if you want a stress free job which isn't too active