the Wright Group Employee Reviews

Worst place to work in NI
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Ballymena, County Antrim14 November 2018
I managed to work there for a whole 3 weeks before realising Wrightbus was a bad place to be. As actual workers go, there are good people that work here, but management are a joke. For the 3 weeks I worked there, I wasn't trained a single day and expected to know exactly what I was doing, and then was sacked because apparently my trainer thought I was rubbish. Still to this day don't know who my trainer was...
The christian ethos that they apparently have is a joke and far from Christian, you will always just be a number regardless what you are told.
Pros
Good wage, 4 day week
Cons
10 hour day, 45 min break, management, training. People running the factories don't have a clue
Your talent will be wasted here, and your soul destroyed
Fabricator/Welder (Former Employee) –  Ballymena, County Antrim11 October 2018
Great at first, then very quickly problems arise which somehow skip past management and sub management (unskilled church attenders gifted jobs waaaaay beyond their abilitys), shorlty after that you will find yourself in front of a panel of at least 3 overpaid idiots demanding answers to questions you where never asked,
The people you work with on the shop floor are 100%,
the work you are doing is quite rewarding, the way it is managed is beyond belief, and while health and safety to be fair are not too ridiculous, certain elements will be overlooked at managements discretion.
A very toxic workplace you will not enjoy after a while, save your sanity and dignity and look elsewhere,
Pros
you will gain life experience here, (not a good experience but an experience you will absolutely learn from).
Cons
to climb the ladder of success here you require zero skills, simply attend the church and hand back ("donate") 10% of your wage every week, simples.
Like a cancer, Wrightbus will kill you slowly and painfully.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland10 October 2018
Horrible management, systematic bullying & false promises all make wrightbus the worst employer I've ever witnessed. Working there is something no human should ever have to endure. Stay away from this company unless you're truly sadistic. I thoroughly hope they go bankrupt soon, they deserve it
Pros
Hometime
Cons
Everything else.
Avoid like the plague
Puppet (Current Employee) –  Funny farm15 September 2018
Do yourself a favour and apply elsewhere, hateful place to work, management have no idea what there doing and health and safety is a complete joke....
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
The whole company
Horrible place
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Ballymena18 August 2018
Nasty company to work for. Zero value for their workforce. Low morale and health & safety a joke.

Keep chipping away at bonus and any shift premiums paid.
Pros
Ham at Xmas
Cons
Wasteful company, blame culture. Inequality with different pay grades for doing same job.
terrible company
Shop Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Ballymena, UK24 May 2017
Christian ethos is promoted by the Wright Group but the company as a whole is far from Christian.
Money isnt everything in life,preserve your morals and apply elsewhere
Pros
wages are ok
Cons
being treated like dirt
LRTM operator (Current Employee) –  Ballymena12 September 2014
Since I have started wright bus composites I have had a keen interest to learn ever area of fibre glass, therefore I am experienced in a lot of areas from body prep, lrtm, spraying moulds and parts, qc and assembly. Management have set targets which must be met and ever work day is busy to make sure our team in lrtm meets these targets. As I have learnt most of lrtm I float a lot between tasks from laminating, double gelling, spraying moulds, releasing and injecting moulds which makes this job enjoyable and challenging.
Pros
Shift allowance
Cons
Non rotating shifts