Our store retail positions vary depending on the turnover at the store. They fall within a grading which determines the salary offered for manager positions.
At this current time, we pay Sales Assistants national minimum wage and Supervisors £8.66 per hour.
27 September 2019
Minimum wage, 30p an hour more for a supervisor, unpaid breaks.
Breaks are unpaid
Minimum wage. No sick pay. Holidays MUST be taken whole weeks at a time, so don’t think of asking for a day off, a week or nothing.
Minimum wage is the norm in retail for an assistant, also no company pays you for breaks and you are not entitled by law to a break for a four hour shift.
I got £4.50 an hour at the age of 18, only had 4 hour shifts so they didn’t have to give me a break and were very demanding.
NMW, Unpaid breaks, Some managers will only give 4 hour shifts to avoid giving you a break at all.
Hourly rate is national minimum wage. Breaks are unpaid.
What is the hourly rate for a week
Not paid for breaks
You do not get paid for breaks but you do get sick pay and holiday pay. Hourly pay depends on your age.
- How are the working hours at The Works Stores Ltd?Answered by The Works Stores Ltd
- What is the The Works Stores Ltd employee discount?12 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at The Works Stores Ltd?Answered by The Works Stores Ltd
- How did you feel about telling people you worked at The Works Stores Ltd?Answered by The Works Stores Ltd
- What is the interview process like at The Works Stores Ltd?Answered by The Works Stores Ltd
- What would you suggest The Works Stores Ltd management do to prevent others from leaving?7 people answered
- What documentation do they require? Grades? Etc?Answered by The Works Stores Ltd
- How does someone get hired at The Works? What are the steps along the way?6 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at The Works?6 people answered
- What is the most stressful part about working at The Works Stores Ltd?5 people answered