This depends on the position that you have applied for. Our Store Managers and Assistant Managers within our stores are full time, 40 hours per week. Our Supervisors tend to be between 8 hours to 20 hours and our Sales Assistants range from 4 hour to 8 hour contracts, but do have the opportunity to work over time.
As with most retail positions, our busiest times are at weekends, so we do expect our store colleagues to be able to work weekends.
The vast majority of our positions within our Store Support Centre (Head Office) are full time positions.
27 September 2019
As a manager you are salaried to 40 hours/week. However, you are ‘expected’ to do more than 40 hours per week, for which you are not paid ‘overtime’, neither do you get the time back, or even a thankyou!
1 to 4 hours
All or nothing. They give you hours, then take them away.
I'm on a 16 hour contract yet every day I called, "come in to cover for ...."
Or the assistant manager will want me to come in hours before my shift just so she can go home early.
They never ask anyone else just me or when there is just 2 of us on a busy day they never ask anyone else to come in and cover.
Unpaid hours expected all the time
No work life balance from what the other Managers said
Dreadful! I’m full time and lucky if I get 5 mins break nvm unpaid lunch hr. rotas constantly changing at a few days notice. Never ever get a weekend off. Stay away from The Works.
Small contacts but overtime is generally available
Great if you have a second income as most contracts are only for 4 or 8 hours
Awful with very limited acceptance of flexibility and you will feel like you are always there but getting paid next to nothing for it.
- What is the The Works Stores Ltd employee discount?12 people answered
- What's the hourly rate? Breaks are paid or not?Answered by The Works Stores Ltd
- What questions did they ask during your interview at The Works Stores Ltd?Answered by The Works Stores Ltd
- How did you feel about telling people you worked at The Works Stores Ltd?Answered by The Works Stores Ltd
- What is the interview process like at The Works Stores Ltd?Answered by The Works Stores Ltd
- What would you suggest The Works Stores Ltd management do to prevent others from leaving?7 people answered
- What documentation do they require? Grades? Etc?Answered by The Works Stores Ltd
- How does someone get hired at The Works? What are the steps along the way?6 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at The Works?6 people answered
- What is the most stressful part about working at The Works Stores Ltd?5 people answered