THE WILDLIFE TRUST Employee Reviews

Retail is a new venture and needs much better managemet but the Trust in general... Great!
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire2 January 2019
Brilliant cause to work for, alot of great work achieved within the trust. BUT no idea how to operate the retail aspect of the business. The management is really bad!
Pros
Great cause
Cons
Treated like you work for a car dealership
Training scheme
Gardener (Former Employee) –  Redcar9 January 2019
I had to go to the wildlife trust as part of a scheme from the jobcentre, I enjoyed going out in the van chopping trees and big bushes down and learning to plant , I learned how to use a petrol strimmer
Volunteering
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Coventry19 November 2018
Very Good, fun day out aswell as helping the enviroment they supply the items required for the jobs. Friendly and give you lots of information about the jobs you are doing so you are learing something new aswell.
Brilliant job but low paid
Education Ranger (Former Employee) –  Brandon, Warwickshire18 August 2018
I loved this job but it is a charity so not much job security. Amazing location as based on a nature reserve. Good opportunities to grow and learn on the job.
rewarding
Ouse Valley Education and Community Officer (Former Employee) –  Cambridgeshire28 June 2017
excellent training friendly staff but too much to do in too little time. very stressful.

hardest part of the job is not knowing if you have a job to go to from one month to the next.
Loved it!
Temporary Volunteer Conservation Worker (Former Employee) –  Congleton, Cheshire27 December 2016
Brilliant way to meet new people, and learn new & valuable skills! I learnt a lot about the local environment and the local habitats whilst volunteering in this role. I loved mucking in & getting my hands dirty, all whilst learning new skills, and growing in confidence.
Complete load of rubbish
Membership sales (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire8 November 2016
they try to pay you after 2 months ,
targets are not achievable .
management just lie to you
sites are very slow
way behind other similar charities on marketing
turnover of staff very high for membership recruiters
Pros
Cons
you sign a contract and then they try to not pay you fort two months
Self development in-work, minimal training
Promotions Officer (Current Employee) –  Worcestershire13 February 2014
Promotions work seems to depend on sifting talent for sales, from those with a passion for wildlife and conservation.
Pros
Interesting people and promotion of passion for wildlife and conservation
Cons
Long distances and repetition
Varied and active role
Reserves Officer (Former Employee) –  South Wales3 March 2015
Great charity to work for in a fantastic part of the world. Many diverse landscapes to manage. Good work life balance and a host of experience to draw on from all.
Pros
Outdoors
Cons
Outdoors
educational and fun
child education (Former Employee) –  margrove park18 October 2015
A typical day at work for the Wildlife Trust wasn't exactly what you would call typical it included planning out route adventures through one of the wildlife reserves and activities throughout the day. With working with this team i got to learn myself about the wildlife and how to help maintain there lively hood. I was taught how to change activities to accommodate both ages and mental health in children and adults.I was showed how to prolong an activity when needed and motivate minds in certain areas. I worked well with all my co-workers and we bounced ideas of each other and decided together which would be the correct path to take when choosing our lesson plans The hardest part for me would be the long days it became more challenging towards the end of the day as the children grew more tired however keeping the children motivated and excited was easily done as a team .I thoroughly enjoyed working outdoors and with so many different people on a daily basis. building things for school and showing the children how to grow things for themselves was truly rewarding. my management team were fantastic they were supportive and understanding as well as helpful and friendly.
Pros
working with lots of people, chance to travel
Cons

Want to know more about THE WILDLIFE TRUST?

Ask a question
Busy but fun
Supply Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cambourne29 October 2015
Very busy day to day. great fun though, wonderful chance to share a love of wildlife with people. Lots of job satisfaction.
Pros
Great fun
Cons
no job security or regular hours
Productive and satisfying
Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  ENG5 June 2014
The job is very satisfying and constructive. I am able to use all of my people skills. The product I believe in as it is well priced and worthwhile.

I have learned about self management and working alone.

Down side to this position is the travelling miles and time and also that you can feel isolated working on your own every day.
Pros
Customer satisfaction. Every customer thanks you.
Cons
Milage to get to venues
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  totternhoe knoll21 May 2015
.lovely, nice.fun, I learn a lot, the most enjoyable part is how employer treat us so well. also the work ethic and the networking