The White Horse

The White Horse Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Waitress and kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford-on-Tone taunton7 January 2020
the job is fast pace and you need to be efficient . you need to be able to work effectively in a team and have great customer service. you have lots of regulars and is a great working environment its a family fun pub
Fun but issues with Management
Holding Manager (Former Employee) –  Beckenham, Greater London23 October 2019
Where to start, the business was great and the team we built was amazing!!! Hard working and loyal that was until they brought a new BDM in place who was new and went by the book in terms of profit and this cost the team rotas went from simple to 14 pages. Real fun place to work but no flexibility to grow
needs new management
Senior Bartender (Former Employee) –  London29 September 2019
Sadly this company has become focused on money and not employee care and support. The General manager was self focused and greedy, it made for a emotional and mental struggle.
Pros
team was great
Cons
management does not care
Fun work place
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Thornbury, Gloucestershire27 September 2019
As a small team, who have worked in the industry for a number of years, everyone knows their roles and responsiblilities. This leads to a fun and relaxed work enviroment.
This also meant that when new recruits came on board, the team woul dwork hard not only to train them, but to ensure the individual felt welcome.
Great experience
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn25 September 2019
Loved working at the White horse good job great boss got on well with the other barr staff and got on really well with the punters. Good experience would work there again
Great staff
Front of House Member (Former Employee) –  The White Horse Darlington9 September 2019
I really enjoyed working here. The staff were friendly and the management were fair. I had regulars that always commented good things about my work ethic.
Productive and atmospheric
Waitress/bar person (Former Employee) –  Sudbury31 August 2019
Overall good place to work. Everyone's friendly, managed amazingly well considering the managers are juggling a pub with a toddler and a baby. Most down to earth bosses you'll ever come across.
productive workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Chilgrove, West Sussex31 July 2019
A typical day at work would be serving customers from morning service, lunch service and evening service, taking out everyday tasked such as cleaning and resetting the tables, the hours were long but flexible which meant I could cover all my wants and needs (cost), I learned to have good and sufficient communication in a work place between myself and work colleagues and customers. Management was great and I learnt a lot. The workplace was challenging at times, but I enjoyed working through problems.
Fun and productive
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Salisbury27 June 2019
They where good when I was there wouldn't want to work there in the future
Although I enjoyed it there it was starting to get hard
They treated me with respect
Pros
Discount on drinks
Cons
Cleaning toilets
Not a nice place to be
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Ruddington21 June 2019
The staff here were extremely rude towards me not once did they ask if I was dealing with things okay or even offer me a drink after speaking to one of the other employees after us both discussing how hot it was.
Do not work here!
Bar and Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wareside12 June 2019
I worked here for almost two years and it was horrible. I left with severe anxiety issues. No organisation whatsoever the boss just expects you to do everything and come in to work or if you have a shift planned, she text me a few times to not worry about coming in. No security in pay or hours. She doesn’t even tell you how long you’d be working for. Sometimes I’d be there 3 hours and sometimes I’d be there for 10. Her daughters work there too so you’ll always be treated like rubbish. Panicked and stressed staff just not a great environment to be in.
Pros
Cons
Everything is terrible
Good sense of work family and fast paced
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Quorn, UK2 June 2019
I learned the basics of kitchen abilities, was supported by the senior staff and developed my personal confidence at this establishment.
On a busy shift you were expected to work effectively together, front of house management usually communicated effectively to the kitchen staff.
Tips and pay was good, but you definitely earned it.
Fun workplace but little flexibility
Bar & Restaurant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hermitage12 May 2019
Hours for following week given in not much advance, managers very annoyed if you could not do a shift or switched with someone else. I was on £4.50/hour for a long time and it was awful money for the amount of responsibility I was taking on. Was raised to £6 after I asked. Did not get any breaks on shifts
Fun Workplace
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Droxford7 May 2019
I enjoyed working at the White Horse, weekends were busy in the evenings but the team of staff was good and it always ran stress free. The pub is well managed and this allows it to run well and also be enjoyable to work at.
Pros
Friendly Staff
simple pub
Bar Supervisor and Barrister (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook19 February 2019
a simple country pub the work was consistent and easy to perform looking after customers making sure the orders were correct and they had everything they need. family vibe
Awful
Bar Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Horse7 February 2019
Quick turn around of staff. Especially in the kitchen. Hygiene wasn't a priority. No budget for cleaning materials. Men's toilets had many complaints from customers and staff yet nothing was done to improve it. Certainly wouldn't eat there let alone work there again. Very lax with security too.
Pros
Cons
As stated
fun work place
Bar tender (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester15 January 2019
so i moved there hoping to have a better work experiences and i got more than what i asked for i got new skills and better pay and more hours so i could live ahah i cant fault the place.
Pros
discount
Cons
nothing really
work single handedly
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Withersfield4 December 2018
a good place .started it from scratch .Got a good reputation for it within the first two months Got very Busy but no support or help. Was working on my own.

Did not mind at first but my reputation was on the line : "Good food Bad Service". management intervened with menus adding more not considering lack of labour
Pros
close to home
Cons
not professional
Productive and Enjoyable workplace
Glass Collector/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nantwich, Cheshire11 October 2018
A typical day at work during my job was really glass collecting and waiting and washing up in the kitchen. The most enjoyable part was co-operating and communicating with staff and customers. The management are nice people to work for and be a part of a team with.
Lovely team and excellent management
Bartender/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Parsons Green Station28 September 2018
Busy and enjoyable with a fantastically varied team. Lots of room to progress and plenty of support from the management team. Company supplied lunches for 12+hour shift would be a bonus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The White Horse. Our community is ready to answer.

The White Horse Reviews by Location