The White Hart Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Barmaid (Current Employee) –  Llantwit Major, Vale of Glamorgan28 March 2018
Love it! Since new management has taken over it has become such a fun place to work. Everyone is lovely, everyone gets along and it's like one big family.
Pros
Friendly
pub
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Guildford28 February 2018
Community pub, regular clientele , good food choice( freshly made). Customer service very good.
maybe lack of events for the local community, good reputation.
head chef
Head Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Keverne and Meneage ED18 February 2018
cooking ,planning menu's ,dealing with management and staff problems.a typical day would consist of...completing daily paper work and taking possession of food deliveries on a daily basis delegating work details to other members of kitchen staff,planning daily meals for the specials board making sure the kitchen is kept in a pristine condition through out the day.
Fun and friendly placce
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Warboys12 February 2018
I work 5 days a week with numerous responsibilities including cash handling and alcohol handling, cleaning the pub at the end of the night, beerline cleaning and maintaining stock levels and rotation.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long unsociable hours
fun workplace
Bar and Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Penistone20 January 2018
great place to work, managmebt extremely friendky, customers very cultured and friendly. bar, restaurant and kitchen staff all have great rapour and comunication.
Pros
free lunches
productive
Pub Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead16 January 2018
it was only a part time job was unsociable hours, being a single mother, was not suitable when daughter left school so had too look for a full time hours
It was very tiring however enjoyable, I laughed a lot!
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Hythe, Kent8 January 2018
I found that the other staff members were funny therefore this,are the job a lot more funny! This was a temp job and therefore my time was up. Was enjoyable experience.
Pros
Free food and good pay
Cons
Unsociable
great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orpington, Kent, UK9 December 2017
i loved my time at humperdinks and really wish i was still working there as it has been one of my best jobs ive had. just a shame im back in england now
Pros
pay/lifestyle
Cons
no cons
Exciting and fun place to work
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Camborne23 November 2017
I learnt how to run the bar by myself, clean optics, stock take and close/open the bar. Management were friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the staff and regulars.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Finishing late
Busy bartending job, very challenging
Bartender (Former Employee) –  South Harting, West Sussex14 November 2017
Typical day would be taking food and drink orders at the bar and restaurant, whilst engaging in conversation with customers.
Learnt I am a very interactive person who can get along with a variety of people
Management was fair to me, but the pub was often under staffed
Culture was a fun place to work in, but often got very stressful
Hardest part of the job was dealing with busy weekend evenings with a lack of staff
Most enjoyable part was the social side to the work, meeting a wide range of people
fun place
Barmaid (Former Employee) –  Thorne2 November 2017
lovely place to work with lovely staff. very homely feel to the place with a nightclub after hours. loved working here and serving the regulars. no longer the same landlord as when I worked there.
Terrible
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grimsby6 September 2017
absolutely soul crushing job. working 8 plus hours with people you cant stand and having to put up with an awful manager who just didnt care about anyone or anything.
Awful
Chef (Former Employee) –  Ashby-De-La-Zouch, Leicestershire1 September 2017
If you leave you get banned for life the manager ha no appriciation for work you run the kitchen but don't get paid a head chefs wage it's a joke, one of the managers friends dose stock take and ordering he must get but dose not work in the kitchen so why dose he get the wage, all I can say is if your in with the Manager then you will be fine other wise good luck.
Friendly staff, poor management
Bar Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duffield, Derbyshire17 July 2017
Staff were friendly, mostly comprised of students aged 16-22. The conditions of work were good, but the management was poor, and their style was not appreciated.
Fun workplace
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Halesworth11 July 2017
I enjoyed my time at the Hart, lovely customers and friendly staff and management. However it is not a career and is better suited to students or short term work.
Pros
Lovely Customers
the white hart is a grate place to work and grow
Bar staff (Former Employee) –  Ashby-De-La-Zouch11 July 2017
The White Hart is and was a massive part of my life. I have worked hear for the best part of two years. It have given me confidence in myself and others.

I have learnt a lot though working at the White Hart such as poring a good pint, making cocktails and dealing with difficult costumers in a positive way.

At the White Hart the management where helpful and sportive in a way that i could grow and take on my NVQ's in Maths English and food safety.
Community spirit
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheadle, Cheshire6 July 2017
Working consistently 90 + hours a week, takes its toll. Middle management is not a fun place to be in your work life.

Hospitality is a lifestyle not a job and one that anyone entering into should be very considerate of the long hours, unsociable hours, all holiday working and minimal pay.
Pros
free accommodation
Good Fun
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Horsebridge4 July 2017
Lovely quiet pub in Horsebridge. Management is amazing and everyone works together as a team. I learned how to take orders by hand and use a till to take cash. The hardest part of the job is the busy spells due to the small size of the restaurant but the most enjoyable part is is being able to communicate with the customers.
Owner/Operator
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Bishopstone27 June 2017
We bought the leasehold interest in this pub in 2000. We ran it for two years, upgrading the style of food into an original bistro style affair. Enjoyed the Chalke Valley
Pros
Nice area
Cons
Enterprise Inns
Management is constantly changing
Barman (Current Employee) –  Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire24 June 2017
Most places you work at were you do un- sociable hours, after a certain time you get a raise so some places if you work 6-close it will go up by say £1-£2 pounds but this doses it happen. That kixed with the constant changing management
Cons
Un sociable hours, having to stay and wait for people the finishe the cash up