The White Hart Employee Reviews

Not the best
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Newenden20 September 2018
When I joined the team here I felt very welcomed by the current manager and I was helped to settle in, I felt secure and I enjoyed the work. However a new manager was introduced who discriminated me and started dropping my shifts and did not make me feel in any way part of their team, AND this happened around Christmas! Not good.
Fun workplace environment
Waitress (Current Employee) –  The White Hart16 September 2018
The White Hart, Great Staughton, is the best first job I could've ever hoped for. The owners are so friendly and welcoming to everyone and make working for them instantly comfortable. It's a fun yet relaxed environment and a brilliant place to learn basic kitchen skills.
The best part of the job is talking to all the locals and forming relationships with the customers.
A typical day at work includes waitressing, helping with food preparation as well as cleaning the kitchen at the end of a shift.
Pros
Get to try all the foods
Awful place to work
Bar Staff/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Denmead, Hampshire10 September 2018
The management are vile and treat the staff like they are nothing! The manager got so drunk on new years eve he tried to start a fight with my boyfriend whilst i was working behind the bar. Be prepared to work till early hours of the morning then come into work early the same day! I finished a shift at 3am once then was expected to in for my 9am shift! I wouldnt mind if i got the respected that i deserved but seeing as i was left alone most of the time to deal with serving food and running the bar i wasnt to impressed! Shame as its a lovely pub just the management that let it down
Pros
Fellow staff memebers are lovely.
Cons
No breaks and no respect by owners.
Enjoyable.
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Duffield16 July 2018
Worked there before the management changed in 2015 and went downhill. During that time I had an enjoyable day to day, everything well organised and everyone had something to do.
I was supposed to be paid more once my training had finished and that never materialised due to owners, the manager I know kept pushing for it. The owners I think tried a little to hard to push for a more sophisticated pub but were out of touch so sometimes a lot of time was wasted trying to make things happen that just wouldn't work. Of course the hours are never good in this type of business, I personally enjoyed them as that's what I have always done. Sometimes cashing up at end of night took much longer than I thought necessary., meaning keeping staff members there longer than needed.
Pros
Free pizza, family feel.
Cons
Owners making unreasonable demands.
glass collector (Current Employee) –  Caerleon23 June 2018
Excellent place to work, really fun staff, great customers, fantastic managers that are willing to be extremely flexible with their staff. I got to take a 2-month exam break off work and retain my job, couldn't be more thankful. they are now paying for me to learn to become a bartender. Some of the most fun nights I have had have been in the White Hart with the excellent regulars.
Pros
Great managers, Great flexibility in hours, Excellent pay advances.
Cons
late finishes.
Fun workplace.
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saddleworth16 June 2018
Work culture is good and very friendly. i had only come here to do a work experience placement during secondary school and i had really enjoyed my time working here even though it was short.
Productive and fast paced
Catering and bar assistant (Current Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire28 March 2018
It's usually fairly busy so it's often fast paced and you always have tasks to complete throughout the shift.
I've learned a lot of new skills while working here, including; understanding the managerial side of this type of work place, how to organise and manage time effectively, how to take on and prioritise work and much more.
The workplace itself has a huge diversity of people coming in and out and using our services.
The most difficult part of the job is managing large functions, waiting on tables in the restaurant as well as managing the bar all at the same time but since I have gained more experience doing this, it gets easier every time!
The job itself is enjoyable, seeing regular customers, meeting new people and making people's experience in the pub the best it can be.
Fun work place
Barmaid (Current Employee) –  Llantwit Major, Vale of Glamorgan28 March 2018
Love it! Since new management has taken over it has become such a fun place to work. Everyone is lovely, everyone gets along and it's like one big family.
Pros
Friendly
pub
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Guildford28 February 2018
Community pub, regular clientele , good food choice( freshly made). Customer service very good.
maybe lack of events for the local community, good reputation.
head chef
Head Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Keverne and Meneage ED18 February 2018
cooking ,planning menu's ,dealing with management and staff problems.a typical day would consist of...completing daily paper work and taking possession of food deliveries on a daily basis delegating work details to other members of kitchen staff,planning daily meals for the specials board making sure the kitchen is kept in a pristine condition through out the day.
Fun and friendly placce
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Warboys12 February 2018
I work 5 days a week with numerous responsibilities including cash handling and alcohol handling, cleaning the pub at the end of the night, beerline cleaning and maintaining stock levels and rotation.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long unsociable hours
fun workplace
Bar and Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Penistone20 January 2018
great place to work, managmebt extremely friendky, customers very cultured and friendly. bar, restaurant and kitchen staff all have great rapour and comunication.
Pros
free lunches
productive
Pub Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead16 January 2018
it was only a part time job was unsociable hours, being a single mother, was not suitable when daughter left school so had too look for a full time hours
It was very tiring however enjoyable, I laughed a lot!
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Hythe, Kent8 January 2018
I found that the other staff members were funny therefore this,are the job a lot more funny! This was a temp job and therefore my time was up. Was enjoyable experience.
Pros
Free food and good pay
Cons
Unsociable
great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orpington, Kent, UK9 December 2017
i loved my time at humperdinks and really wish i was still working there as it has been one of my best jobs ive had. just a shame im back in england now
Pros
pay/lifestyle
Cons
no cons
Exciting and fun place to work
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Camborne23 November 2017
I learnt how to run the bar by myself, clean optics, stock take and close/open the bar. Management were friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the staff and regulars.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Finishing late
Busy bartending job, very challenging
Bartender (Former Employee) –  South Harting, West Sussex14 November 2017
Typical day would be taking food and drink orders at the bar and restaurant, whilst engaging in conversation with customers.
Learnt I am a very interactive person who can get along with a variety of people
Management was fair to me, but the pub was often under staffed
Culture was a fun place to work in, but often got very stressful
Hardest part of the job was dealing with busy weekend evenings with a lack of staff
Most enjoyable part was the social side to the work, meeting a wide range of people
fun place
Barmaid (Former Employee) –  Thorne2 November 2017
lovely place to work with lovely staff. very homely feel to the place with a nightclub after hours. loved working here and serving the regulars. no longer the same landlord as when I worked there.
Terrible
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grimsby6 September 2017
absolutely soul crushing job. working 8 plus hours with people you cant stand and having to put up with an awful manager who just didnt care about anyone or anything.
Awful
Chef (Former Employee) –  Ashby-De-La-Zouch, Leicestershire1 September 2017
If you leave you get banned for life the manager ha no appriciation for work you run the kitchen but don't get paid a head chefs wage it's a joke, one of the managers friends dose stock take and ordering he must get but dose not work in the kitchen so why dose he get the wage, all I can say is if your in with the Manager then you will be fine other wise good luck.