The White Company

The White Company Employee Reviews

United Kingdom114 reviews
Fun Working
Working trought the agency is not the most stable thing, but when you getting full-time you have really nice paid job with good conditions. In my opinion the best Warehouse in Northampton.
fun
was really nice the workers was really nice. I feel like I didn't get enough trained. and sometimes felt abit lost. the pay is very good just wanted more hours
Beautiful place to work, and lovely team
I loved working at the white company, when I move down to Cambridge it was the most disorganised work place, Management kept changing rules to fit them and just unprofessional in work times

I think this place will do so well with the new management starting and hopefully give all staff a fresh start. Above all that I loved working for the white company and have enjoyed my 3 years with the company.
Pros
People and customers and discount
Positive Team
A fast paced environment working with individuals who have been with the company for many years. Experienced positive leadership and a pleasant team environment.
Professional workplace
Overall my experience is good. Got a lot to learn. Management is fairly cooperative. The most enjoyable part of the job is to get positive/ successful customer service feedback.
They keep me on my toes and ensure everything is done.
The importance of customers and handling deliveries was a great experience for me. Would recommend anyone who would want to work here. Getting to know and meet the colleagues based on teamwork and communication. Very friendly towards anyone in a respected manner and keeping things professional as much as keeping the customer happy. Also having great time communicating to the team and having a group page to keep the store as successful as possible to reach the goals within the company. I like working here.
productive
Brilliant Place to work
Loved every minute working here.

All the staff treat you perfectly always there to help you when you are in need.

The Manager was great always helped me when i needed help with the job.
High stress but valuable experience
The White Company is a great place to start if you would like a career in retail management - it is highly regarded by a lot of other employers. The positives were: competitive pay, discount allowance and holiday allowance. The negatives were: lack of hours to run business effectively, poorly managed operations, and the disconnect between senior managers/head office and store management. I would recommend working here if you would like to get retail management experience. I would not recommend working here if you struggle to cope with stress or would like a good work life balance.
Working at the white company
I love working for The White Company, I feel very privileged to enjoy coming into work each day. With a Lovely team, and targets each day drive you to do your best!
Friendly staff and inteligent customers
I really enjoyed working with The White Company, because there is a friendly and calm environment. I like the products they sell and the managerial attitude towards the employees.
Don’t advise working here
Stuck up snobs, money grabbing company, no sense of reality and no experience or understanding of the fashion industry.
Extremely complicated and unnecessary way of working.
Cons
Micromanagement from junior members of staff, women, stressful, no progression opportunities, capped salary, snobby
Amazing company who care about their staff
I worked for the white company over Christmas time and can’t thank them enough for the opportunity! Staff are so friendly, the manager and assistant manager are kind, understanding and genuinely cared about their staff. I would love to work there again.
Rude, unfriendly supervisors
First of all, the products are ridiculously over priced, not good quality considering what you are paying. It's very hard to sell a product when you know its not worth buying. Staff can be very snobby about the brand. My supervisors honestly just loved to assert their authority over me unnecessarily. When asking me to carry out a task they would never say please or thank you and always came across very aggressive. They often made rude and unfriendly comments about me and my colleagues but we just had to shrug it off because they were 'supervisors'. They would give me a brief before every shift covering what money we had earned and lost in that week/day, they would shout this within customers earshot which seemed very unprofessional to me. I was a student so there were times I couldn't work, they knew this and would put me on the rota at these times anyway. It was either ridiculously quiet and boring, in which case you would have to pretend to be doing something or you would get told off - or it would be crazy busy and you wouldn't have a chance to breathe.The pay is good but they could pay me 10x more and I still wouldn't work there.
Pros
Pay, staff discount
Cons
Bad products, rude supervisors, boring
Arbeit war schwer. Überstunden nicht gezahlt. Keine bonus system ausgezahlt.
War ganz schwierig hier zu Arbeiten. 30 überstunden pro Woche. Nicht bezahlt. Kein bonuses ausgezahlt.
No chance for advancement.
The environment was pretty slow up until Christmas and most of the staff members were nice however the management tended to enjoy power plays. He also makes quite a few inappropriate comments which tend to make the girls there uncomfortable. You can only advance within the company if someone leaves and that's only to a key holder, management tends to be hired eternally rather than working your way up.
My experience at The White Company
The White Company is a brilliant company to work for I was there for 4 years and enjoyed working there. I worked in there stockroom doing deliveries, replenishing stock, working as a team and on my own. Christmas was very enjoyable as was very fast paced which I like and very rewarding.
Fast - paced enviroment.
Working at The White Company allowed me to develop new skills, one of them being adaptability. During the Christmas period, I had to adapt to a fast paced working environment due to how busy the store would get during this time. I also had the chance to improve on my customer service skills as I was of course faced with different customers with different needs everyday.
One the best jobs
It’s been over 10yrs ago but I did enjoy the job as a Returns supervisor in the warehouse. It was great to see the latest products before everyone else. Great atmosphere to make up for the low pay at the time
Okay
we went from a disorganized and disinterested manager to having an oppressive manager who didn't want to consider your opinion. In general it is a place of passage, for students or for those who want an extra income.
Worst nightmare
The most awful place to work. Run by managers in their late teens/early 20’s who treat you and speak to you like dirt on their shoes.

My advice to anyone considering working there is DONT do it!!!!!!