The White Company Employee Reviews

The White Company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marylebone22 April 2018
The job came with certain benefits. The best of which was the generous employee discount. However, my certain branch did not have the budget to give me good hours, which is something that one should be wary of before applying. Apart from that my experience was good.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Poor hours
Awesome company! Nice people
Buyers Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kensington, Greater London19 April 2018
Gave me my first opportunity as A Buyers Assistant.
I had no experience at all. However they were very patient.
My time there built my confidence to pursue a buying career
Lovely team, but not much respect from higher up
Artworker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 November 2017
I enjoyed my time here but the organisation wasnt good. Artworkers put all information together before going to print, but alot of the time wrong information or changes happened all the time. Made our job quite difficult. Department managers didnt really understand what we did.
The creative team worked really well together to get it all done.
Pros
Location, friendly team
Cons
Managment
Decent to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 November 2017
Assisted customers with their online and phone orders. The culture was ok. I learned how to speak to customers and upsell. The management was shaky due to the pressures from above.
Pros
The atmosphere
Cons
The management
Brillant
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire27 October 2017
Fantastic company to work for with a great ethos and would say I had a amazing time working there. The customer service they provide to the customer is second to none,
good short term part time job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire26 October 2017
The White Company weekly expected me to work double my contracted hours, although this was a good, easy job for the short period. Management were confused, with the shop being disorganised in general; due to being a 'pop-up' shop with an uncertain future, possibility to become permanent
Pros
easy to work for
Cons
too many hours expected of me
Great company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 September 2017
The White Company is a great company to work for. The fast pace during Christmas season is an interesting retail experience. I consider I learned a lot from my colleagues and Managers.
Pros
Store Enviroment
amazing place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands4 September 2017
i loved working at the white company it was a lovely place to work with amazing staff! it was a fun and comfortable place to work, with staff that goes above and beyond constantly!
ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London22 August 2017
It would often be very busy which made the role challenging, this was something that made the role somewhat beneficial. The team were friendly and helpful.
fun workplace
Trainee Quality Control technician (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Northampton16 August 2017
The role involved inspecting products that come in and checking it against company standards. Paying close attention to detailing of products to spot any potential faults or problems that could pose as a health and safety risk to customers buying the product. Worked as part of a team to make sure the brand lived up to its high quality its customer’s knew and appreciated. Really lovely team to work with
Cons
Temp job
Fast-paced
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Esher,31 July 2017
worked during annual sales, incredibly busy and very pressurised environment. Worked in a team to account for large amounts of stock and organise it, under time pressured circumstances, team coordination was essential
Pros
150 p/day
Fun environment
Buying Assistant, Fragrance Department (Former Employee) –  London21 July 2017
A typical day depends on the department you work in. I was in the Fragrance department. My day consisted of computer data work, placing data into presentations, creating a list of what needed to be restocked for the next season, organising the stockroom, preparing boxes of stock to be dispatched to customers for the end of the week.
Pros
Friendly community
a typical sales job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester25 June 2017
a typical day included serving customers, cleaning the store, restocking items and maintaining and changing the displays in the store. The management was reasonable
Fun, Fast Paced
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey14 June 2017
I worked leading up to and including the Christmas period, so it was very hectic- the stock room is incredibly small relative to the amount of stock they have, so organising it was stressful. Keeping a calm head whilst taking to customers mixed with rushing around in the stock rooms made a working day hectic but fun
Wonderful place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire17 May 2017
The team treated you like a family member
Fair pay
Understandable in terms of holidays
Any issues are dealt proffesionally
Clean enviroment
Above and beyond how they treat their staff members
Learnt a variety of skills
Pros
Discount
An Honest Experience about The White Company
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 May 2017
I worked at White company as a stock associate, It is a very good job for fresh starters and part-time workers.However, My Main point is I want to progress my career, and I want to have a personal life balance.If you are thinking in Full-time position think it twice.The shifts are between 7am-22pm the point is anytime...I finished 21:00 and come back to 7 am a lot of times during my working period ( Christmas and summer the company always ask to you to do Nights shifts too, do not get me wrong I am flexible but I want some Personal life.Even if you served them for a long period, the same shift goes for everybody ( Treadmill I call it) THE WHITE COMPANY POLICY. Payment higher than Min wage, but if you have to travel (Like me) then its pretty much the same, because you can not find a cheap rent in Central London.So you travel and pay your money to public transport etc.Management is colourful e.g there are some bully managers, some of them nice helpful only 2 if I rethink it.And a general Manager does not give a .... about you,you're a piece of meat. For a person like who wants to progress and willing to learn new things this company 2 stars, Big disappointment.I give 3 stars because of products 4 stars and job security 5 stars too.As well as the name is catchy, but that is all.This is the Stock life in THE WHITE COMPANY.Full of Evil Clowns. (:
Pros
After probation 50% discount
Cons
Shifts 7am -22pm.Low wage, Full of Evil Clowns
walking
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Northampton24 April 2017
this was a job where I had to walk nearly all day witch was kind of hard but I made it. management was nice, it was also a great experiences of my life as I met so many different people.
Unorganised workplace
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, UK14 April 2017
The company itself has products of good quality, however, there is no discipline within the team and employees are treated unequally. There are no progression opportunities, and working hours on contracts are very cleverly thought out to benefit the company more than it's employees.
Pros
50% staff discount after probationary period
Cons
over worked staff & unequal treatment of employees
Busy, friendly workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow3 April 2017
Good, fast training. I was required to learn quickly and "hit the floor running".

Good product knowledge was required to help customers to the best of your ability.

Good employee treatment - breaks, snacks and a friendly and welcoming team.
lazy workforce blaming others for falling behind
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire6 March 2017
was only there for a day or two - got victimised by workers even though I just got my head down and worked hard. Did enjoy the work though - picked up the layout quite quickly as I always do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The White Company. Our community is ready to answer.