The White Company Employee Reviews

great company
Manager (Former Employee) –  london13 October 2018
great company to work for - i would always go back. they look after staff and focus on training. you can easily have a long career within the company.
Good company with great ideas
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Street26 September 2018
Great company to work for with lots of perks to the jobs, such as training and ways to move up in the business if wanted too. Always gives attention to detail.
Sales Assistant
Sale Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 September 2018
Excellent company to work fro. Reason for leaving commuting into Birmingham City Center.
replenishing stock. keeping the standards of the white company to an extremely high standard
to be able to sell very high standard products to customers requiring high standard to salesmanship.
management was of a very high standard, very clear and precise
very diverse and mixed culture
the commute in and out of the city and the unpredictability of public transport
getting a large sales total from a very demanding customer
Pros
Great producd and working conditions
Cons
Late finishes and commuting distance
fine
Part- time Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Chester29 July 2018
can only judge from a few weeks working there but it is fine not good not bad. Difficult to make plans due to changing rotas so flexibility in life to fit around them is important
Friendly environment
STOCKROOM OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Selfridges, London27 June 2018
Colleagues were very friendly and hard-working. Management of the store seemed strange at times.

Didn't seem like there was any hope of advancement. Employees would often come and go.

Nonetheless, It was a pleasant job.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire10 June 2018
Good place to work. Flexible hours. Has different departments so you have the opportunity to progress. However there was a high turnover which meant more mistakes were made as the company was constantly training new people up.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
High turnover
Fun work place
Picker (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire30 May 2018
Nice people clean and beauty good staff helpfully the best supervisor and buddy trainers with big experience and I hope I can back very sun as possible
The White Company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marylebone22 April 2018
The job came with certain benefits. The best of which was the generous employee discount. However, my certain branch did not have the budget to give me good hours, which is something that one should be wary of before applying. Apart from that my experience was good.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Poor hours
Awesome company! Nice people
Buyers Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kensington, Greater London19 April 2018
Gave me my first opportunity as A Buyers Assistant.
I had no experience at all. However they were very patient.
My time there built my confidence to pursue a buying career
Good
CS Admin (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire26 February 2018
Great company with great working culture. Unfortunately were unable to offer a permanent position. Management and senior staff are very accommodating.
Lovely team, but not much respect from higher up
Artworker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 November 2017
I enjoyed my time here but the organisation wasnt good. Artworkers put all information together before going to print, but alot of the time wrong information or changes happened all the time. Made our job quite difficult. Department managers didnt really understand what we did.
The creative team worked really well together to get it all done.
Pros
Location, friendly team
Cons
Managment
Decent to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 November 2017
Assisted customers with their online and phone orders. The culture was ok. I learned how to speak to customers and upsell. The management was shaky due to the pressures from above.
Pros
The atmosphere
Cons
The management
Brillant
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire27 October 2017
Fantastic company to work for with a great ethos and would say I had a amazing time working there. The customer service they provide to the customer is second to none,
good short term part time job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire26 October 2017
The White Company weekly expected me to work double my contracted hours, although this was a good, easy job for the short period. Management were confused, with the shop being disorganised in general; due to being a 'pop-up' shop with an uncertain future, possibility to become permanent
Pros
easy to work for
Cons
too many hours expected of me
Great company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 September 2017
The White Company is a great company to work for. The fast pace during Christmas season is an interesting retail experience. I consider I learned a lot from my colleagues and Managers.
Pros
Store Enviroment
amazing place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands4 September 2017
i loved working at the white company it was a lovely place to work with amazing staff! it was a fun and comfortable place to work, with staff that goes above and beyond constantly!
ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London22 August 2017
It would often be very busy which made the role challenging, this was something that made the role somewhat beneficial. The team were friendly and helpful.
fun workplace
Trainee Quality Control technician (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Northampton16 August 2017
The role involved inspecting products that come in and checking it against company standards. Paying close attention to detailing of products to spot any potential faults or problems that could pose as a health and safety risk to customers buying the product. Worked as part of a team to make sure the brand lived up to its high quality its customer’s knew and appreciated. Really lovely team to work with
Cons
Temp job
Fast-paced
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Esher,31 July 2017
worked during annual sales, incredibly busy and very pressurised environment. Worked in a team to account for large amounts of stock and organise it, under time pressured circumstances, team coordination was essential
Pros
150 p/day
Fun environment
Buying Assistant, Fragrance Department (Former Employee) –  London21 July 2017
A typical day depends on the department you work in. I was in the Fragrance department. My day consisted of computer data work, placing data into presentations, creating a list of what needed to be restocked for the next season, organising the stockroom, preparing boxes of stock to be dispatched to customers for the end of the week.
Pros
Friendly community
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The White Company. Our community is ready to answer.