The Watches of Switzerland Group

The Watches of Switzerland Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom53 reviews
Was fun work to work 10 years ago, learn a lot , but recently change of culture, too stressful and competitive. Wont recommend, only for beginners who wants to start in watch sales.
You are given far too much work for one person to possibly do. When you ask for help you get ignored, then told 6 months later in your review you did a bad job even though you made them aware you needed help but never got any and tried your best with what you had/knew.
Real back stabbing, aggressive, blame culture with everyone out for themselves just to survive in the job. Very underpaid given the market rates for the role and They wanted to pay me even less!

Expected to come in at weekends for no extra pay to get a project finished and given strange looks for leaving on time or having a lunch break.
I recommend only if they give permanent contract, if not they will fire you with no explanation or if you are pregnant(in my case, 5 months pregnant).
- relaxed environment with a great deal of product knowledge
- team work but also an independent role

- great amount of training

- great benefits and support from company

- shift work due to airport
Watches Of` Switzerland group was a fantastic passionate environment which allowed me to build solid sales ingenuity & watch knowledge which has helped me throughout my career so far. I can't speak highly enough of the management who personally helped me out a lot.
just wouldn't advice a love one to work there . A very stressful environment with no proper direction or training. Staff are easily dispensable and treated like a number
Very Enjoyable working environment. Collaborative approach to working with pleasant colleagues. They go the extra mile to make you feel part of the team at this company. Salary is the only slight negative if I am being harsh but if that is not your main priority this really is a fantastic business to work for. Recommended.
Been there for 4, years. I recommend. Nice people. Nice place for work. A lot of overtime hours in peak time. I'm really thankful for the experience I learned there.
This is a great place to work, the team is very friendly and welcoming. I think you get as much as you are willing to give, and hard work is often rewarded.
putting stock in and out of the windows working to kpis making sure the shop floor looks clean and tidy . dealing with high end customers and report building . most enjoyable part of the job was wearing a suit and being clean and tidy and looking g professional .
Pros
lunch paid for discount on high end jewellery
Cons
long hours, dealing with difficult customers
Great company, great products, great environments. Support for management is lacking but support for the sales teams is high. If management was supported better then it would be the ideal work place.
As a company the staff are not valued and everyone is just a number in a short period of time I witnessed 14 of my colleagues leave due to the female manager which I felt as a company it should of been investigated other stores and people at Head Office knew that there was a high staff turnover under her management. The manager also dishonestly put on the payroll that she had worked when she had not.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Unprofessional manager
Hard work, good bonus, very challenging. Targets must be met, expected to work extra for nothing, demotivating and tiring. Not W much lay for what you do.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No double pay for extra work
When i first began working here i loved it, i learned so much. But beware if you seem capable they will expect more and more from you. To the point where you are doing multiple peoples jobs.

High work load with no bonuses and benefits. The office can be lovely to work in if you get in with the right people.

Lack of career progression and generally no drive in the office
Pros
Learn about jewellery
Cons
Unrealistic work load
The best part about Aurum is easily the people.

The role of a case handler is stressful and your workload can at times be very demanding. This is in no way reflected in salary or progression opportunities In the Hallmark office.

Having said this - I loved working here and made friends for life in that office.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Poor salary
In my time at Goldsmiths i learnt a lot not just about sales but also the jewelry industry. Good company. progression available. In general a great place to work
All staff were supportive. friendly work environment. Learnt lots about watches. I enjoyed meeting the customers talking about the watches and selling the same.
I worked in head office for over two years, highly unprofessional atmosphere, when I asked the HR department for advice regarding what I was being asked to do by my superior for my role they forwarded the emails to my superior who I was asking for advice on!! Eventually had to leave as I was expected to work even during chemotherapy treatment (with a valid hospital note).
Pros
Some people are nice
Cons
Everything else
I worked for Aurum over 7 years, it's the most political place I have ever worked. seniors in the company are always getting dismissed and changing. dont get me wrong my in store collegues were amazing but the comany as a whole just doesnt follow thier own vision when it suits them.
Pros
in store staff
Cons
senior managers breaking policies
I am diverse and relish exiting and new challenges, i am 55 years old with the experience in high end watch and jewellery sales who has achieved fantastic success over 18 years with the company.
Pros
Discounted watches and jewellery
Cons
Late evenings
fantasmagorically, fantastically ,fantabolously ,fetching ,fine ,fresh ,fit

friendly first-class future-proof, feverishly fine- feathered forward-looking
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Watches of Switzerland Group. Our community is ready to answer.
The Watches of Switzerland Group Reviews by Location