The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere, apart from management
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim3 February 2018
Love seeing all new product and sharing my Disney knowledge but some management are incredibly hypocritical and sneaky.

Love the benefits but I feel like they make enough money to give a higher wage and more generous other gifts/benefits for all our hard work
Fun atmosphere
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Norwich29 January 2018
Definitely a fun place to work even just as a Christmas temp - the experience you get with sharing the magic with the kids is not something you easily forget. Typical day is mostly greeting guests and stock taking - the management were really friendly and I got along with everyone I worked with, it's very much about teamwork.
Pros
great work environment, great people, discounts and opportunities to work at the main parks
Cons
sometimes a bit too focused on clique's
Standard work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth, Leicestershire24 January 2018
A typical day at work was doing the same thing for 8 hours with two 15 minute breaks. I learnt how to do manual labour. Management wasn't great and neither was the job culture.
Great team culture
Buying and Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 January 2018
A great culture, where teamwork is key.
Fun product, sometimes innovative.
The most enjoyable part is the people that all work together to achieve our goals, no matter how tough.
Pros
Team
Cons
Sometimes unclear direction
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Shepherds Bush, Greater London15 January 2018
Great company to work work, really look after their employees and you get a real sense of community. I worked there over the Christmas period and had a great experience.
Pros
Great People, professional environment
Productive And fun work place
picker and packer (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth, Leicestershire10 January 2018
It was over all a fun and productive work place, however it was very long hours on your feet. Apart from that fact it was very enjoyable with management being conduct very well and team members and other employers being very polite.
Pros
3 lunch breaks
Cons
Long tiring hours
A happy place to first experience office work
Digital Asset Intern (Former Employee) –  London10 January 2018
Day-to-day life in the Disney offices were fun, as an intern I had a handful of responsibilities. I was guided well by my manager, the position would be filled by interns annually but this gave little authority over the permanent creative teams who's files i was tasked at managing.
Pros
Many free desk-drop gifts and film screenings.
Cons
only lasts a year.
productive and enjoyable workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire6 January 2018
At Disney my typical day would consist of picking out products from a list given to me by my manager and i would have to scan the product then pack the product into a box then seal and label the box. The management system was fair. The workplace culture was a enjoyable environment to work in and the other employees were great to work with as part of a hardworking team. I really enjoyed working as part of a large hardworking and motivated team.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Temporary job
Magical
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh4 January 2018
I'm a huge Disney fan, which made my experience amazing. I'm very passionate about the company and thoroughly enjoyed working there. I'm forever trying to go back. There are many benefits from the company, like every year you're given a Christmas present and if you meet targets, you may win something at the end. Discounts and park tickets are a bonus too! Over all, if you're as crazy as me about Disney, you should seriously give it a go. I've got a second family; my Disney family!
productive work place
customer service call handler (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 December 2017
was a fun place to work. hr weren't that flexible. breaks were short also the space was small and crowded. hrs did go though also the locations extremely far.

Want to know more about The Walt Disney Company?

Ask a question
Good Company, Bad Agency
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Leicester8 December 2017
Good place to work, long working hours, availability of overtime and not too stressful work. However, the agency which is called industra steals money from the workers by not paying them fully. Plus they keep charging them for fees that do not exist. Sometimes, the money gets paid back after several weeks, other times they get away with the money.
Amazing
Trainee Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  London29 November 2017
A life changing experience with a chance to learn from some of the best artists in the industry. As I am just starting out, this opportunity presented a chance for me to see what I could one day achieve. Managers were friendly as were the makeup artists, all were happy to support and teach me. Such a fulfilling experience
Pros
Amazing pay, free food, great company and support
Cons
Lots of hours, no room really for a life beside the job
Fun
Intern (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 November 2017
During my work experience I gained a lot of knowledge that I hope to carry on into my career. It was really good to go to the different departments and see what everyone did which helped to give some ideas for what I might like to do when I leave education.
A great team of dedicated personnel
Manager of Estate Development & Maintenance Europe (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London13 November 2017
A World leading Organisation offering fun, variety, opportunities and learning to all employees. Dedicated to ensuring Guests expectations are met and exceeded.
Pros
Fun and pleasant Company to work for.
Cons
Long hours if you want to be successful.
Collaborative teams with a positive and enjoyable work culture
Project/Programme Manager (Contract) (Current Employee) –  London7 November 2017
Excellent calibre of staff who are straight-forward to work with.

Collaborative teams all seeking to achieve the companies goals.

Very productive and enjoyable work culture with a healthy work/home life balance.

Management are clear in what they expect from you.
Pros
Collaborative, Enjoyable work culture
Fun, magical, fast paced
Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex31 October 2017
Very good place to work just a shame about such tiny contracts. The only reason people leave is lack of hours. Other than that the job is really fun and the people are as passionate as you would think they are.
Really fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead9 October 2017
Really fun and vibrant place to work. Great fun working with children although can be manic and hard work at times, especially on busy days. Staff discount is good, especially handy if you have children.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Short hours
Great fun place to work but hard work at times!
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear21 September 2017
Great fun place to work
Good career
Flexible hours
Overtime always available
Being part of the Disney family
Great store/theme park discount
Disney hotel discounts
Pros
Great discounts, fun place to work
Cons
Long hours, hard work at times
Disney can be a great place to work if you have the right manager
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 September 2017
Can be a very demanding job and fails to take into account that people have priorities outside the workplace. But can also be extremely fun and fast paced.
friendly workplace and exciting projects
Marketing and Integrated Retail (Former Employee) –  London10 September 2017
great workplace with amazing people.

good environment with approachable senior employees.

good training schemes like branding teamwork and meetings
Pros
great talent
Cons
Not many social activities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2