The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 146 reviews matching the search See all 5,252 reviews
Average days work good cast members and managers most guess are a pleasant
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire22 January 2020
Only been a the Disney store for a few months now but it is one of the best jobs iv had all staff are treated with the same level of respect as high up management
The Walt Disney company
Product Developer (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London17 January 2020
Great atmosphere, collaboration can be stressful at times but overall good place to work with great benefits.
They offer training courses for skill progression.
Dull
BUSINESS ANALYST (London) (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London17 December 2019
A dull place that does not reflect its brand a huge disconnect between contractors and permanent staff. Amazingly waterfall in approach and sadly lacking structures to make positive changes. Entirely dependent on outside service contractors who make money by coding rather than configuring.
No progression, bad pay, micromanagers
Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London21 November 2019
It’s a badly managed, bureaucratic company. The job is repetitive and boring. Managers don’t care about your career progression. They even try to stop you. Full of micromanagers who check your in and out times and don’t allow wfh although the job can be perfectly done at home. The pay is low and the company doesn’t share its wealth. No bonus. Annual pay increase is like 10 pound a month.Only positive is it looks good on your CV and you can’t get fired. No matter how bad you are
Productive and fun place
Quality Controller Editor (Former Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London7 November 2019
Well Disney is the most Productive fun and develope work place you can choose to join in. Fantastic scenario lovely people and so professional on the next level
Opportunity to grow
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  London2 October 2019
A great opportunity to grow given with ability to work across multiple departments. Socially the company was one of the best with a large research department.
Fun workplace to kick start career
EMEA Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  London25 September 2019
The only issue was the progression and salary package. This was lower in comparison to similar companies within the industry. Culture, people, projects were all really great.
fun and busy workplace
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth, Leicestershire19 September 2019
it was fun and busy but it was a very friendly environment. I always enjoyed working there because i could walk round that place with my eyes closed because i had years experience doing order picking and i liked looking at the different items that i was picking.
A good stepping stone
Market Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London10 September 2019
As an intern at a big corporation I had the chance to learn a lot about the working environment, managing time, stakeholders and prioritising. The job is not very challenging, but it does become quite repetitive after a while.
Pros
Good work/life balance; Positive environment at the office
Cons
Repetitive everyday tasks; Lack of growth opportunities (but it is an internship after all)
Fun workplace
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Bristol9 September 2019
great, fun energetic place to work. there is always work to be done, making magic moments happen for both children and adults is the best part of this job,
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth, Leicestershire6 September 2019
Good place to work on a temp basis.
Excellent pay
Free drinks
Good staff bonuses
Easy work
Perfect for students who need some spare change
Allowed me to balance work life
very good place to work
App Support Lead/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  London18 August 2019
very good company to work for. Good structure and culture. Very enjoyable work life balance. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a job.
Great hardwork but you a gain a family
cruise line - youth activities councilor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 July 2019
Disney cruise line JD an amazing experience and I would recommend it to anyone
Poor Management, Competitive Environment
Marketing Assistant EMEA (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith19 June 2019
My managers gave me insignificant work to do, I was made to feel useless and they expected me to know a lot of 'Disney Lingo' which was used in every meeting, so I sat there guessing most of the time.
A lot of contracts are fixed term, so job security is a real issue.
It is a really competitive environment, so other departments will not help you out.
Pros
Cinema in the office
Cons
No work-life balance, bad culture, bad managers
Extra
Disney Extra (Former Employee) –  London22 May 2019
I was an extra for a Disney film in London and it was a great experience. They were friendly people working with me and I would do it again. Disney is a great company
It was a fun workplace
Retail (Former Employee) –  Liverpool11 May 2019
Overall I enjoyed working for the company and I would do it again. I personally worked for Disney on Ice not Disney, but at the end of the day it was the experience that counts.
Fun and wholesome
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent11 May 2019
Relatively straight forward and easy tasks, typically varied between:
- Serving guests on tills, cash-handling
- Maintaining stock and disney brand on shop floor to appropriate standards
Great Exposure
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London8 April 2019
Great young environment with a lot of social elements, summer hours and good perks e.g in house cinema! Worked on a number of big projects, great exposure for an intern.
Fun workplace with lots of opportunities for interns
I learnt so much working here and was definitely thrown in at the deep-end, although this was scary at first it was so beneficial to me to be given so much responsibility and respect by my team and manager. A typical day was busy with lots of meetings, content creation, liaising with Europe, The Middle East and African Disney Channels teams and planning content and strategy.
A fun, creative workplace
Sales Operations Executive (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London21 March 2019
ESPN (part of TWDC) The atmosphere was always cheerful and productive. Management was excellent. I was given full support in my daily responsibilities and allowed to work autonomously. I enjoyed the account management responsibilities to my role and supported the team with campaign planning, client pitching and debriefing.
The only con I have is that I didn't have the possibility to advance and progress in my position, mainly because we had a small team and there just weren't any opportunities in my field (TV Ops). Also, my salary remained quite stable throughout my career there.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
I didn't feel the company invested in enough training for its employees to advance in the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K