The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

disappointing
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Scotland16 May 2018
Working environment was abusive, clique and disorganised. Management were often unreasonable expecting you to work promoted positions for no title or pay rise. Had to be available to work 24/7 despite low hour contract.
Pros
Job is easy, very straight forward.
Good job, bad management
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Sunderland15 May 2018
Couldn't have been happier to work for the Disney Store however management was awful and definitely had favourites. Was bullied throughout my time at the store.
Pros
Good pay and incentives
Cons
Long hours and management
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westfield London27 April 2018
An enjoyable experience, working with the youngest requires extra care in customer service. I had good leaders and horrible bosses. One of them refused to assist me while I was getting verbally attacked from a customer.
Great company to work for
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  London15 April 2018
A lot of room for growth and a lot of support from higher-ups.
There is a lot a great chance to learn a lot with everyone wanting to teach you more and give you more responsibility.
It all depends on the management
Lead Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Southampton13 April 2018
A great job ruined by bad management and poor organization. Where the company works all over the world in the exact same manner there is a LOT of paperwork and a lot of hoops to jump through and without proper management and leadership these hoops are not jumped through and you will suffer from that. The job itself has the makings of a great environment ruined by these factors. As with most retail it's all about the people you work with. Don't ever get involved with Disney if you are going in thinking it's all sunshine and rainbows as there is a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes to provide that magic. But it is very rewarding and the children, and most parents, definitely make it worthwhile.
Pros
free Disney World/Land tickets per quarter, silver pass for management, great customer base
Cons
long hours, unpaid overtime, no consistancy
magical and fun work place
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent10 April 2018
spreading the Disney magic truly made my working day so much better and getting to talk about Disney to the guests was lovely.
over my year there I learned how to use the till, talk on the phone, how to approach positive and negative guests, I got to help with some merchandising, learned more about Disney and the company.
The most challenging part of this job was 100% Christmas because nobody likes waiting but when there is so many guests and only a few of us cast members on stage and on the tills it can get quite stressful but you just have to power through!
Most enjoyable part was getting to share my love for Disney and seeing the children light up when seeing new products or seeing them wearing the princess dresses or the pirates costumes!
Pros
Disney park tickets, 35% discount
Cons
not so many overtime hours, lunches always changed, last minute shifts added on
Fun but strict grooming rules
Cast Member (Retail Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Manchester3 April 2018
I worked at this store along time ago so I do not think my experience is valid or current. That said I enjoyed the experience. High level of training.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Grooming code
Friendly and caring
Healthy Living Inter (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London15 March 2018
My time at TWDC was filled with not only incredible professional experiences but also wonderful times with great people and characters. Everyone is very supportive and helps whenever it is asked.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham5 March 2018
Really enjoyable atmosphere and company ethos. Great people with passion for the brand and some visionary leaders. The hours can be long but you get out what you put in.
actor
Actor (Former Employee) –  Leavesdon, Hertfordshire4 March 2018
the hours were stressful however the work was fun yet challenging still.
while working there it helped me work on my team working skills as there are many departments which must work together in order to make the best product possible
Pros
free lunches
inspiring
Senior Finance Analyst Contract (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London22 February 2018
very young culture
High level reviews and large volumes of data
Large numbers financially
Producing presentations and working with knowledgeable people
Pros
free movies
Cons
very large office, slow movement of communication
nothing special
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London21 February 2018
the day was dragging because i'm not English so they where treating me like no one there, they where rude ect.. so i left the place.

i like the job, i did like the manager it was very nice person but the team i was in no.
Cons
Great atmosphere, apart from management
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim3 February 2018
Love seeing all new product and sharing my Disney knowledge but some management are incredibly hypocritical and sneaky.

Love the benefits but I feel like they make enough money to give a higher wage and more generous other gifts/benefits for all our hard work
Always something to do!
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London3 February 2018
I worked in the outreach/community department, so my typical day was organising and replying to fan letters/sending charity gifts away.

I learned how to manage my time wisely, and how to act in a professional environment.

The management at Disney was outstanding! Whenever I needed help, there was always someone to talk to!

The hardest part was keeping up with tasks, in this department there was sometimes too much to do for such a small team... However, we were able to manage and keep up throughout the day.
Pros
Free coffee, tons to do, nothing boring!
Cons
Sometimes a long travel
Good for students living at home
Disney Store Cast Member (Former Employee) –  London2 February 2018
It is truly physically demanding, a place where you need to be your cheeriest self no matter what is going on behind the curtains. Mid management do their best to keep Cast Members from crushing under pressure and to ensure everyone gets at least enough hours to go by, altho this is not always possible. If you need to fully support yourself or a family, this is only a second job type of employment since income is not steady.

You learn a lot about Disney if you are interested, there are plenty of opportunities to travel around the world (again, if you are a student or a person without ties).

I loved it there, but I can say this because I am not there anymore, it can wear you off a lot.
Pros
A great discount in Disney products, movie tickets and Disneyland resorts tickets, flexible shifts
Cons
Non steady weekly hours/income, harsh on health
Fun atmosphere
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Norwich29 January 2018
Definitely a fun place to work even just as a Christmas temp - the experience you get with sharing the magic with the kids is not something you easily forget. Typical day is mostly greeting guests and stock taking - the management were really friendly and I got along with everyone I worked with, it's very much about teamwork.
Pros
great work environment, great people, discounts and opportunities to work at the main parks
Cons
sometimes a bit too focused on clique's
Standard work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth, Leicestershire24 January 2018
A typical day at work was doing the same thing for 8 hours with two 15 minute breaks. I learnt how to do manual labour. Management wasn't great and neither was the job culture.
Great team culture
Buying and Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 January 2018
A great culture, where teamwork is key.
Fun product, sometimes innovative.
The most enjoyable part is the people that all work together to achieve our goals, no matter how tough.
Pros
Team
Cons
Sometimes unclear direction
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Shepherds Bush, Greater London15 January 2018
Great company to work work, really look after their employees and you get a real sense of community. I worked there over the Christmas period and had a great experience.
Pros
Great People, professional environment
Productive And fun work place
picker and packer (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth, Leicestershire10 January 2018
It was over all a fun and productive work place, however it was very long hours on your feet. Apart from that fact it was very enjoyable with management being conduct very well and team members and other employers being very polite.
Pros
3 lunch breaks
Cons
Long tiring hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2