The Vet

The Vet Employee Reviews

Take care, and prepare yourself for unpaid overtime, that's usually one hour/day, but it can also be like 3 hours/day, every day. No respect for vets, no breaks for the vets. Usually the nurses are numerous, clicky and unhelpful. Arrogant teams with uninterested team leaders. You are told one thing, next thing you know you are taking in all emergencies by yourself (even if you are a junior and the rest of them are not). No respect for personal time, you are called and texted even during the night by your bosses.Lots and lots of pretentions, nothing but slavery in return. You can't even choose your own medicines, you have to stick to whatever company they have a discount from. A joke.
Pros
Big case load
Cons
Bad management, bullying, massive overtime, no respect
Started a job in Jan 19 as Customer Care Manager, on a probationary period. Whilst there I was given no training and had no support in my role. Was left to open and close the practice, on my own after a week, with no instruction. Everyone there just seems to do what they want. No structure. No policies/protocols. I was employed to help set up some policies for the receptionists but when I tried to exert my authority, I was accused of speaking inappropriately and a complaint was made. After having a week off sick, with a chest/sinus infection, the business manager asked for a chat on my return. In that meeting he told me that they had decided that I wasn't the right for the position and they were letting me go. No real explanation or reason given. So, I find myself unemployed after being employed by one company for ten years Avoid if you want security, training, development etc.
Pros
The animals, customers, most of the staff.
Cons
No support, no training, shift work, often on your own working.
not appropiate Would like to leave blank Veterinary practice establishment