The Very Group

The Very Group Employee Reviews

productive and hard working
The very group is an exciting and interesting place to work, always embracing change, fast paced, always looking improve on ways we work, and looking to new technologies to help advance the customer journey/experience.
Pros
good onsite facilities
Cons
Amazing place to work at
It was a wonderful place to work and the people i met there was very friendly and the working time table was perfect but it was little bit hard for me to reach there on time because i use to gor work by tram
great atmosphere
a revolutionary retail company that has undergone significant change but left a legacy of professionalism due to the work ethic of the people that work there
nice enviroment
Fast paced , but very welcoming enviroment. Mostly nice managers and work colleagues.

Nice cheap canteen.

System was a bit confusing to learn quickly
Generally Good
You will be fully trained to be able to complete your daily role. The hardest part of the job is the pace. It is very fast paced and can be stressful. This can cause on occasion some negativity
Pros
Good Benefits package
Great pay met with stressful change
The job's pay was a pleasant part of working at shop direct,
however there were many structural changes which occurred during my time working there. So within a 6 month period my role changed 3 times, which for me was not great(from calculations - excel and other internal software to telephone queries and then finally to triage). I like getting good at something and feeling confident within my role. I did not feel this within my time working for shop direct. Trying to reach a target whilst also trying to catch up with new processes and roles left me feeling quite confused. However, there seemed to be some method to the madness and I believe future employees will feel more at ease within the situation as it really seemed as though they were trying to adapt things to allow a more stream line process. Personally the hours of work were not exactly perfect for myself.
Good place work
Friendly staff, good place to work, payed weekly, chance of overtime, not everyday is the same some day are relaxed and some are busy depending on the order pool.
Agile and dynamic place to work
Great people and fast paced dynamic place to work. I loved the agile way of working, the exciting projects and the autonomy to make big changes. Colleagues really care about each other too.
Pros
Exciting projects
Cons
Fun environment
it was a work-friendly and challenging environment, co-workers were always fun and training waa probably the best part of working there. Overall experience was positive.
Hard pace none stop
To mutch pressure job load to high had to keep to a tight time per job.no respect from mangerment if you fell behind you would be warned and sacked with no notice.
good job
fair place to work , good environment , nice people , good shifts , great breaks , i liked the fact that i can use my own clothes and shoes , best job ever had !
good place work and very friendly people
the training you was very good you had 4 weeks training the trainers was very good at explaining job to you very good if you were struggle with anything and they would give you a one to one if you needed it. You had targets to meet and they let you know if you was hitting your targets.
Pros
days
Temporary positions
Overall a good place to work , fully trained on hand held scanners fast paced picking ,deadlines ect targets met daily friendly environment to work. Sadly it was temp uptown xmas.
Reliable but not a good communication With staff.
Very bad organaigasion and management they don't offer any contact because i been work there over 4 years still was agency after i left. And shift was good before now shift not good.
Nice place to work
A great work environment
NO staff ever seemed to disappointed to be working at shop direct

Management always seemed happy to help if you had an issue
competitive workplace
Very easy and fun workplace. Break time is decent and food aswell. Not too hard or easy but very good working hours for students and teenagers. Payment is decent but not good.
Warehouse
Night shifts were good .
There was times where it was quite and hardly had any work but then on most the times the work never finished and always had something to do.
Great place
Great place to work, I really enjoy working there, and would recommend to anyone. Great culture, good pay, great office space, and everyone is really friendly
Good place
Really good environment to work in clean and warm plus polite staff and also has a clean warehouse and canteen I haven't really got anything bad to say bout this place
okay
okay place to work good for a part time job wouldn't do it as a full time job. staff are good and friendly and overall i would recommend it to a friend
great working environment
I was only a volunteer there, to help with fundraising, i didn't work there but it seemed like it was a great working environment.
Whilst being there that one day I learnt that in order to work in such a place you have to have good teamwork skills. You also have to have good communication skills and just a positive attitude overall. Everyone just got on well with each other and they were all friendly.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Very Group. Our community is ready to answer.