The Vale Resort Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hensol4 September 2018
Great place to work, the staff are amazing to work with in all departments. The cleaning can be hard at first but once you get used to it, it becomes easy. You’re left to do your own thing and you aren’t hounded all the time. Everyone is really kind and friendly throughout the hotel and really work as a team which benefits everyone. There’s free lunch, parking and plenty of discounts throughout the hotel and leekes. The only downside I could think of is there is a few managers and some of their rules contradict eachother.
Pros
Free Lunch, Friendly Staff
Cons
Poor Communication between managers
Great Place To Work
Food and Beverage Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vale of Glamorgan2 April 2018
A great place to work and meet new friends. Lots of benefits, from free golf, gym membership, heavily discounted rates for friends and family to stay, staff discount on food and drink, free lunches & dinner, free parking, and when you become contracted you get the added benefit of amazing discount in all the Leekes stores.
Some days can be long but they are still enjoyable, it's the nature of the industry. If you're not a grafter or like to succeed in what you do, then this isn't the place for you.
Management very flexible around days off and time off in general.
Standards are very high and if you don't put the effort in, you inevitably will fail, but there's a solid team here that will help you if you show the desire.
Would recommend the Resort to all my friends. 👍🏻
Pros
Free lunch, free dinner, free gym membership, free golf, free parking, discounted room rates, discounted bar drinks and food, great team work
Cons
Standards are very high
fun working
Food and Beverage team member (Former Employee) –  Cardiff26 March 2018
Working in the Vale Resort meant that you had to be on your toes, it was always really busy and you had to be organised. I learnt how to clear tables properly and how to set a room/table. Hardest part of the job was just maintaining the right amount of work, you would have to be able to clear tables and serve and make sure to polish equipment e.g. plates etc.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long Hours
place is nice but people are not!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pontyclun, Rhondda Cynon Taff6 August 2017
The vale is a nice place but I felt people would look down on you making you feel un-welcome. The job was easy enough, doing general housekeeping duties. There is more than 1 person in charge making it difficult as people have their own ways of running things. Wasn't very well thought out nor organised.
Fun environment
Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taff3 April 2017
The vale is a good place to work with plenty of opportunities to learn and to progress in various different aspects of the business.
There is good benefits.
Pros
free lunch and use of facilities
Cons
lonh hours
The Vale Resort-Events Department
Events Assistant (Current Employee) –  Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taff16 February 2017
I enjoy working here because the staff make it so enjoyable. However, the long hours and the pay received feel a little unfair for what is expected of us.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long Draing & painful hours
Productive learning prospects
Events Assistant (Current Employee) –  Llantrisant27 August 2016
The Vale Resort hotel provided me with many skills not only in Hospitality, but in social situations with customers and how to think on my feet to quickly resolve problems that may occur.

A typical day in the events department can vary from a day of polishing in preparation for a large set up, conducting a 400 seated dinner, setting up conference rooms or generally assisting other departments if need be.

The most enjoyable part of the job is likely the great working relationship that can be built with the establishments strong workforce/colleagues and the hardest part is likely the unsociable hours sometimes needed to complete large set ups in the paticular department, which can range from ten to fifteen hour shifts.
Pros
Food provided and opportunity to learn new skills in hospitality
Cons
Erratic unsociable hours and zero hour contract
Caring Friendly Environment
E-Commerce & Marketing Exec (Former Employee) –  Pontyclun8 January 2015
There's was rarely a day that I would go in without a smile on my face. My colleagues were all great to work with even when had difficulties in our daily tasks to achieve targets.

I loved every aspect of my job and always knowing that you're helping people enjoy their leisure time is a bonus, however, keeping up with digital trends often makes the job difficult.

I was always encouraged to develop my skill set and achieved promotion to eCommerce and Marketing Executive through my hard work, persistence and mentoring from the eCommerce Manager, Marketing Manager and Marketing Director throughout combined 22 years with the company.
Pros
Free Gym Membership, Pension Contributions, Free Lunch