Play YouTube video button
The Telemarketing Company

The Telemarketing Company Employee Reviews

Featured review
The Telemarketing Company selected this as a representative review
A Good place for a start
Corporate Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Brighton9 March 2018
The company is exceedingly well managed, and the staff I worked under did everything - above and beyond - to make my time there comfortable. I never felt like I couldn't say "guys I need help". That may be down to the fact that I was considered a company asset - i.e. I got the numbers on my best days, and when I was on a roll, I stayed there, but like any business, you get out what you can put in.

Salary expectations should be kept low, however base pay there will allow one to live quite comfortably. The skills and connections its possible to gain are also nothing to balk at. Bar a few personal concerns with clashing personalities, (I'm a "marmite" kind of guy, what can I say) I have nothing bad to say about the company itself, and would recommend them to anyone looking for a sales role.

They're the best in East Sussex, and that's a fact.
Pros
Central location, flexible holidays (within reason), transferable skills, fantastic team
Cons
High turnover, highly competitive, high expecftations
Excellent learning curve for first time sales role
Telemarketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Central Brighton28 October 2019
brilliant working atmosphere and does not feel like a call centre, however limited opportunities to progress. Offers a variety of corporate clients and individual customer to work with.
Pros
Experience in a variety of different B2B and B2C sales roles
Cons
Non performance related pay
Great family run business
Head of Training and Development (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex12 October 2019
Lovely culture and ways of working with a fun atmosphere, unlike most sales operations. Great place for college leavers to learn core skills in sales including lead generation, appointment setting sand pure sales.
Good Work for a Student
Telesales Assistant and Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Brighton27 April 2019
Although the work can be repetitive, it is good pay for a student and you are given breaks. It is an experience and would recommend to any student in need of cash
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Awkward hours and It can become repetitive
Productivity and aspect
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex13 June 2018
My primary role induced customer support, providing any necessary information about quotes and assisting clients with their designs. During my career, I've demonstrated the ability to make clients happy offering them the best service to win their trust for a long period of time. I've also been able to improve processes by providing the head executive with relevant information that enabled the campaign to more effectively inquiries. Further I am friendly, approachable and reliable.
It was a temporary position
Tele marketer (Former Employee) –  Brighton, UK15 June 2017
Although there were poor hours , minimum wage and no commission there was a good atmosphere and we were happy enough. There were occasional insentives that were also fun.
Pros
You got a lie in in the mornings
Cons
no commision
Official response from The Telemarketing Company
13 September 2019

Hello - thanks for your review. Just to add a quick update, we were accredited as a "Brighton and Hove Real Living Wage" employer in 2018. This means we pay significantly above the minimum wage now for everyone in our team.

We also pay monthly bonuses for good performance once agents have demonstrated their ability

Not everything has changed, however....If you're working on one of our evening shifts, you still get a lie in in the mornings....

Fun workplace, met great people
Call agent (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex20 March 2017
Fun workplace, met great people, good pay but they get rid of you easily without warning if you fail to hit target. Overall I would recommend if you're looking for temporary work
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
Moved around a lot
Very fun place to work
Telemarketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex11 December 2016
I had worked at the Telemarketing company for nearly 6 years and in all my years of working i have to say it was the best company i had worked for
A good place.
Telemarketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ENG7 October 2015
Low stress, a lot of reinforcement and help from all the managers, and a great/eclectic mix of people brimming with personality and character.
Not too shabby
Outbound Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  HOVE2 January 2014
Worked there for a few months. Met some pretty cool people! Nice offices, nice managers.
Pros
Small offices
Cons
pay scale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Telemarketing Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3