The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Frustrating and Uncooperative Working Environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset28 February 2018
A typical day at work would consist of not being briefed upon arrival, which one would argue is necessary in order to begin a shift, then a series of instructions on tasks that need completing which are received by multiple members of the management team in a disorderly fashion whereby no single instruction or objective corresponds with that of another member of management. This is a consistent issue in the everyday workplace at this company, and causes confusion and distress among associates on the shop floor as there is uncertainty on where associates are stationed, what tasks need completing and what deadlines are to be met. Furthermore, there has been much dispute between the management and the associates regarding hours (availability). It would seem that some members of management do not comply with the availability of many associates and disregard any reasonable requests for days off, shift swaps or less/more hours. An example of this is when an associate's request for a minor amendment to their availability was verbally accepted by members of management, but then not put into practice in the follow-up, despite being asked persistently and to consider their circumstances. On top of that, the job itself is repetitive, dull and tedious, while the working environment is tense and irritable. Overall, there is a lack of basic communication between the management which, in turn, creates misunderstandings and hence strained relationships in the workplace. There is not a great deal of respect for much of the management coming from an associate's viewpoint and there is a collective  more... distaste from the associates concerning various unacceptable actions, behavior and approaches of some of the superior members of management.  less
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Inflexible, long hours, repetitive, unrewarding
TKmaxx
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport28 February 2018
Good shift patterns, you would always know what days you would be working and what time you would be finishing.
The pay was very good and everyone was friendly.
Pros
Good pay, Good shifts, Breaks included
Cons
N/a
Its been 6 years since I worked here
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Southend-On-Sea25 February 2018
Cant really comment on the current team is it has been so long since I worked for this company however when I did work here there was lots of opportunity to progress. although working within the retail industry doesn't provide a good work/home life balance.
Pros
progression
productive
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Wednesbury19 February 2018
learned alot working for tk maxx learned about managment level its was a fun work place to be in.hardest part of the job was peak times when targets were high but did enjoy that time been busy and feeling proud when targets were hit.
Pros
days off
Cons
working sundays
Fun and busy
Associate (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey15 February 2018
I worked here for a short amount of time, as I worked here I had an amazing time with the other staff. the work ethic was amazing and mostly everybody liked working there and was motivated, the job itself was an average job and sometimes it would drag a little bit but the day would usually go quite quickly. If you are looking to apply for this job get ready for a packed day with amazing and funny staff working around you. I miss this job and wish I never quit personally.
fun team to work for
Front Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen15 February 2018
Nice company to work for. Pay was very competitive. Extra shifts were available. Opportunity to progress internally. Pleasant working hour were available.
great place
Part -time Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Dorset15 February 2018
i love working there but if you don't like hard work don't apply .fast moving expanding company you would be silly not to apply. I love the mixed age range of staff.
Fast Paced and Enjoyable Work Place
Cashier and Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull14 February 2018
I enjoyed working for the company even though it was only as a Christmas Temp. One of the managers did leave me in a bind when I wasn't told about not being kept on so I only had two days warning before I had to leave. Other then that the staff were friendly and helpful even helping me when I mentioned about my anxiety.
Pros
Good hours and pay
Cons
Little flexibility with days
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands12 February 2018
Usually I was putting price tickets on merchandise and selecting it to
appropriate stores, also I used to jump in flow to make sure that the boxes aren't filled too high with items.
Pros
Nearby
fun workplace
order picker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme10 February 2018
Order picking role as far as this kind of job goes it was ok and relatively young workforce so therefore can build a good social network whilst earning money.
Pros
good money
Fun & Supported
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Truro7 February 2018
A typical day required organising and facilitating morning team/staff briefing, organising staff duties, dealing with sickness and late employees, cash handling and preparing the store for opening, dealing with staff and customer complaints, being aware of health and safety protocols, delegating responsibilities to all staff throughout the day, ensuring that the shop floor was clean and tidy, well stocked and all team members were happy and felt supported in their given duties for the day, cash handling and till checks throughout the day with final till checks after closing, ensuring all monies and tills are in accordance, ensuring that the shop floor and front are ready for the following day ahead.
Pros
Supported, Encouraged
productive
Sales Assistant / processor (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands5 February 2018
 My current position in TKmaxx is supporting the stores operations with delivery and ensuring that all Stock Keeping Units (SKU's) are processed in a set time frame DFF (DOOR TO FLOOR IN FOUR), bring in delivery and process the stock within a time frame depending on the amount of pallets..
Reviewing, analyzing and improving operational process, resulting in improved productivity by time and delivery to products to the shop floor DFF (DOOR TO FLOOR IN FOUR)

It is a hard work fast pace. good to learn new skills when management changes few times in a year.
Pros
good holidays
Great for a Part-time job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen4 February 2018
TK Maxx is a fantastic place to work if you're a student. I was a student for three years while I was here and it was brilliant. you can have a laugh and you really enjoy your shifts.
Made ends meet
TK Maxx Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire4 February 2018
My typical day at work included working on the tills as a cashier serving customers, doing returns and maintenance on the shop floor. Good place to work to gain extra bit of cash whilst studying.
Great
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  merry hill brierley hill2 February 2018
Working for TKMaxx was very good and a learning experience. The salary was at a good amount, the managers were very helpful and calm. Loved it. A normal day at work was normal but towards Christmas it could get very busy and hectic, but the managers and the place was very helpful as they would help you with whatever was needed.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside1 February 2018
Repetitive days at work, great workplace culture, demanding job role, constant room for improvement, learnt an alternative model to retailing, great ties with charity
didn't enjoy time here
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth28 January 2018
Lack of organisation and the managers talk to you like dirt and make you feel down about entering the workplace constantly talking down to you and trying to make you fell belittled! really did not enjoy my time at TKMAXX
Pros
Meet nice customers
Cons
Poor management
Nice people surrounding you, lots of support.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire28 January 2018
You turn up everyone says "Hello" and you are treated with respect by every level of management and staff. It is a good place to work, advancement is not very often spoken about. The hardest part of the job is the boredom as your mind wonders and it is very hard to stay focused. The most enjoyable part is being around such a positive workforce.
Pros
Good hourly salary.
Cons
4 hour shifts mean you have to work more separate days.
management
staff and customers (Former Employee) –  West Midlands28 January 2018
Poor management of larger teams in certain stores. Advancement is a very slow process. Great pay but if you work hard you end up doing everyone else's job for them (again in certain stores).
Pros
Salary
Cons
Slow advancement
racial issues
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Balham, Greater London28 January 2018
I felt uncomfortable and targeted in this work but due to financial difficulties I placed the issues aside and continued working. would never work for TK maxx again unfortunately
Pros
money
Cons
unfair distribution of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K