The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

A lot of hours
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands17 November 2017
Be prepared to work all weekend. It is a good company to work for however it is a alot of work. Difficult to get weekends off but good friendly staff environment
Productive and fun place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire15 November 2017
TKMaxx is a busy shop especially in Christmas time .I love to work in a busy working environment. They have so much work task to learn. I love challenging and enjoy working in it.I work part time there in nearly ten years . The shame is not giving full time hours to associate except team leader or managers.At the moment, I want to find a new job in purpose to work full time or probably another part time job.
Pros
Good wages rate and gift card for rewards
Cons
Can’t give more hours to associate
productive
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Netherfield and Colwick13 November 2017
a productive workplace but sometimes responsibilities are not shared throughout the workforce, nice managers, but i feel i was wrongly removed from work
Fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire13 November 2017
Tkmaxx is so busy especially coming up to Christmas. Depending on what job you have been given, stock control is very fast paced has to be precise. The whole day on shop floor is quite tiring as you have to make sure the shop floor always clear and no clothing is off the hangers. Best part of the job is customer service/ interactions. Hardest part of the job is stock control.
Cons
Sometimes long hours
A up and down work environment
Customer service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Peterborough9 November 2017
Working for Tk maxx is always a continues and changing business which is always not for everyone working long for the business its not always easy to work your way up the ladder unless you wish to sacrifice all your personal time.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days and little gratification
Customer Sales (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth9 November 2017
This is a good place to work if you are commitment free, I found it hard to work here while being pushed to do more hours than I said I could. other than that the work is good.
Pros
staff discount and nice co workers
Alright place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire5 November 2017
Other than the bad management TKMaxx is okay to work at. Your colleagues become your best friends for life, like having a second family. However, the management is shocking when it comes to work related issues.

The job itself requires you to be able to multi task but the job is fun as you're always busy so the shift goes by fast.
Very Good
Associate (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex3 November 2017
Good Place to work, lots of benefits. All caring staff. Typical day would be maintaining the floor and helping customers. Management is very good, hardest part of the job would be the busiest days.
Productive and fun workplace
General Associate (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex1 November 2017
working in retail is great to have as your first job as it taught me customer skills such overcoming obstacles, working with the public and working well under pressure
Fun diverse and challenging
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire1 November 2017
Working in store i have experienced a fun diverse and challenging work environment. Tjx offers associates the opportunity to develop their career through apprenticeships and company training programmes which i have found most beneficial to my career with them.
Typical Customer Service job, what more is there to say?
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire30 October 2017
The job was from what I understand a typical customer service job. I was hired through a temp agency and therefore not all of the benefits that were available to the company employees were available to me, but rather I had my holiday and other benefits directly from the agency. The job consisted of answering calls from customers who have had a less than satisfactory experience in store or with their online order, whilst responding to emails. The biggest thing that I learned was that you will not be able to make everyone happy, and that some people are downright awful. Despite these challenges, the management within our office did a very good job to make the workplace the best that they could, even when it felt that the company had ignored our department to the point of near collapse. I have heard that it has improved in the weeks and months since I have left. The most satisfying part of the job was when a customer with a particularly challenging issue was able to be resolved.
Good office atmosphere
Bilingual Senior Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Watford, UK30 October 2017
The office had a very good atmosphere, very friendly and helpful colleagues. I received a good training and was given quite a bit of freedom on how to deal with my tasks. Had the opportunity to visit store locations.
productive and fun
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charing Cross, Greater London30 October 2017
this job is a very good job however the hours that i require to work are not good for my current circumstances but I need a job and a source of income so it will have to do for now.
Pros
good staff
Cons
late nights and long hours
Christmas Temp Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tyne and Wear30 October 2017
Worked as a Cashier for every shift. The supervisors were good at till training me as this was my first time, and they were very patient with me as I gradually got the hang of it.
Productive amd fun work place with amazing pay!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Twickenham29 October 2017
Tkmaxx has been quite the journey for me. Started off as my part time student job and ended up being my main job for 5 years because of how amazing all teams are. Getting transfers from one store to another is a breeze and can be done to be more convenient to you. Great managers and good overall work ethic. Not too strict of an environment. Enjoyable experience.
Pros
Double discounts
Cons
4 hours shift basis for those who want long hours can only do 4 or 8
Fun workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ealing27 October 2017
Tk Maxx was a great place to work at as it helped build my confidence up because I was being able to interact with other customers and other staff members.
productive and exciting busy place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  collierswood26 October 2017
worrking in TK Max was also very helpful to learn how to manage the stock room and sorting out the deliveries almost ever day. TK Max was a big store fo having different departments.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxford25 October 2017
This was my first job from when I left school and so it was my first taste of work life. It was a normal job and the hours were fine and they fit in with my school schedule.
i hated it
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London24 October 2017
i worked only for 2 months, they were horrible and rude even on my first day. i had yo clean up cake all over the floor but they had cleaners to do it but no one would. they made we work ridiculous hours. worst working experience ever.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Too young to appreciate what I had
FRONT LINE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham23 October 2017
A front line manager at the age of 17, with over 70 staff, I didn't appreciate how lucky I was and how little stress I was under compared to more recent roles. Some aggressive management styles, however these were localised to stores and not part of the company as a whole.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K