The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Least rewarding and enjoyable place to work..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Midlands21 January 2018
Within my time working for TKMaxx I found the hours were shocking and the management was extremely poor, the treatment of staff was appalling and the workplace atmosphere was very stressed and uncomfortable. However if you want to progress within retail sales, working for TKMaxx will further your knowledge of brands, discounts, and stock.
Great workplace
TK Maxx/ Associate (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire20 January 2018
I really enjoyed working for company, very friendly colleagues and managers. Great work environment. Managers are helpful with working hours or holidays.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ayr18 January 2018
I had a seasonal contract within the company and found my time here to be enjoyable. The team I worked with were so helpful and didn't hesitate if you ever had a question or were stuck with something. You were always kept busy there was never a point where you be stuck doing nothing. Would 100% return to this workplace if I had the chance.
stressfull
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton18 January 2018
A typical day at work would be walking into the back at 11:50 to start at 12 and a manger greeting you with "hurry up and get on the floor" you'd then start your shift, the shop floor being freezing temperatures (5 degrees, legal lowest temperature is 10 degrees) you get treated like a child and expect much more than you should which really stresses you out.
There is a lot of slandering within this job, the managers are constantly talking about one another or their members of staff, this is done when they are sitting out the back or standing around the store chatting- but if you walk past another member of staff don't smile or say hello, because you're most likely being watched and they tell you off not just personally but over the device in which everybody can hear, this is then embarrassing.
Also, the rota out the back is completely pointless as when i worked here they changed it so much (secretly- wouldn't inform you) but expect you to magically know, they then make you feel uncomfortable when you don't show up on your day off because 'you're supposed to know'.
The most enjoyable part of the job for the short time i was there was the other employees and pay day,
Pros
other employees
Cons
long hours, unprofessional management, expectations, language
Ok as Saturday job .
Frontline supervisor (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex17 January 2018
I had many issues with management. This is probably just my store I was biased in. It did me well as a Saturday job but I would never go back. If you get good management it would not be a bad place to work.
fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newtownards, County Down16 January 2018
a day within Tk Maxx is all about learning no day is the same, staff are friendly and you get the chance to move up within the company through the associate development programme etc. nothing is too hard to do, very easy relaxed place to work
Pros
great staff
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bangor, Gwynedd16 January 2018
A great place to work, good training provided, staff discount and career progression available. Great pay with yearly increments. A fast paced, engaging place to work!
Pros
Staff discount
Good salary and good culture
Support Analyst Level (Current Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire15 January 2018
Good salary and good culture
Management can be very open and honest
I get to work with people all day very friendly
People are willing to help
Good training opportunities
Pros
training opportunties
Cons
discount
Excellent équilibre vie privée vie professionnelle
Analyste (Current Employee) –  Watford14 January 2018
En centrale d'achat, les horaires quotidiennes sont 9h-17h permettant un équilibre de la vie pro/privée
Terrifiic Place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elgin13 January 2018
As this was my first proper job I found it an amazing place to work filled with lovely people and great support. I was extremely sad that there weren't enough hours to continue working there. Fantastic company.
Pros
Extremely efficient company
Cons
Varying hours
sales assistant
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire11 January 2018
around the christmas period it was very busy but i really enjoyed being on my toes. I learnt that every customer is different and has different needs. management was good occasionally. my favourite part of the job was the staff, they were so lovely and welcoming.
Pros
the staff
Ok work place
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farnborough11 January 2018
A typical day at work for me involves serving customers and doing many jobs. Hours can be strange, and you don't always get the desired ones you want. Social place, and a good location with free parking.
hard work, minimal pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coleraine, County Londonderry11 January 2018
Hard grafting, they dont give clear instructions to work off, so you mostly have to use your initiative, very hands on job, not for anyone who is lazy
Pros
10% discount
Cons
no social life
Tk maxx
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire11 January 2018
My typical day at work included working on the tills as a cashier serving customers and doing returns. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving polite customers.
Pros
The pay rate
Cons
short hours
Friendly but too much with college
Sales Assistant, TK Maxx (Former Employee) –  England10 January 2018
I was assigned an 8 hour a week contract but would regularly be told to work 16 hours despite saying I could not do this.
The people were friendly and the work was fun
Fun workplace, always kept busy
Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh8 January 2018
Thoroughly enjoyable experience, colleagues all very friendly and helpful when I started. Found it easy to pick up all the skills I needed to carry out my tasks in the store. Managers were very helpful and always around to offer help and feedback.
Christmas Staff
Associate (Former Employee) –  Weymouth7 January 2018
Full training given and a fast work pace. I very much enjoyed my short time working for TKK MAXX. Plenty of quality items across the store and always a fab price.
Pros
Quality Designer Clothes & Staff Discount
busy
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire6 January 2018
so would have to work at the tills or like on the shop floor and the fitting rooms. long hours but we get long breaks so its okay. have to talk to loads customers and therefore have to have great customer service.
Quite stressful and demanding
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire6 January 2018
Was working in process room had to manage a team of 5 people. Can be fun at sometimes that can be serious as well
Dealing with stock that arrives for delivery. Sorting stock out and put it out on the shop floor
Pros
There's no prose to this job other than bonuses
Cons
The hours are not so great
Ideal place to work at
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 January 2018
The place is very nice to work at. Although there is only a minimum wage, managers and team leaders are helpful and the team is very friendly. I strongly recommend this place of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K