The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,145 reviews matching the search See all 4,840 reviews
friendly environment
Assistant-TKMaxx, Farnborough Gate (Former Employee) –  Farnborough23 May 2018
The environment was very friendly. Team mates and managers were helpful and friendly. The pay and hours were great at the time of working. There was no shortage of tasks to handle. It was a good temporary job.
Very focused on only TK-Maxx and not their employees.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolton23 May 2018
Although the pay was very good and I enjoyed working with the other associates, working at TK-Maxx was not fun for me. They were always too focused on their company, forgetting that without treating employees well the shop will not run as efficiently. In terms of how they did this, firstly hours were given to use the week before sometimes a few days before a shift, which was completely annoying for planning anything other than working. If you were sick and ringing in, a particular manager, would make you feel like you should be working even if you are unwell which should not be the case. During busy seasons they gave me extra hours without asking and I couldnt get rid of the shifts even though I had lots of uni work.
Fun, inviting workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield23 May 2018
TKMaxx is definitely a great workplace. The hourly wage is very competitive, and there is a variety of different tasks to undertake while working there. I have become more confident working there because I am constantly talking to new customers, and my attention to detail had improved through constant maintenance of the shop floor. The working hours given aren't brilliant - if you are in need of extra hours you are not guaranteed them at all.
Pros
Great wage
Cons
Once you're trained in the handful of different tasks, working at TKMaxx gets repetitive and maybe even dull
Fun Workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London21 May 2018
Although there was a lot to do, everyone had fun. Working at TK Maxx was an amazing experience. The managers there are the friendliest of people and they love helping out customers.
I personally had a great time while I was working there.
Productive work place
Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Watford21 May 2018
I play hard and work hard; being a team player I have learned the best way to manage targets, outcomes, expectation.
I have developed integrity and due care.
fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire16 May 2018
serve customers at the tills and put out new sock in the mornings after delivery. Tidy up the your given department during shift while serving customers if need help.
Pros
good wages
Cons
hardly any benefits
Overally very poor
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire14 May 2018
A typical day at work would be very boring and repetitive.
If you wasn't on the till all day you would be stacking shelves all day, aka just simply moving boxes from the back of the shelves to the front of the shelves.
It was very on going.
The team of people I worked with were very unprofessional and the management didn't at all care about staff needs.
Pros
Cons
Basically everything
excellent place to work
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Slough14 May 2018
working with this company was an amazing experience I learnt a lot and had an amazing workplace working with polite and caring people.
a typical day at work would consist of running the changing rooms or doing the tills to organising rails and sorting out shoes.
the most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with others and showing of your customer service skills it was a great opppertunity working with tkmaxx I would love to have a job with them again in the future.
Pros
having breaks based on your hours
Cons
having to stay in one part of the shop for a long period of time.
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shropshire13 May 2018
I love my job at tkmaxx, I originally applied for the job many moons ago and didn't get it but applied again and got the job. I lack in confidence in myself but they will throw you into the deep end to help to build your confidence up.
I normally hang out in the fitting rooms or frontline and sometime maintaining the shop floor.
They take on all types of people they don't discrinmate against disabilities but they will put that into consideration when deciding which area you best suited which is why I hang out in fitting rooms or frontline.
The staff are great they willing to help out whenever possible and they wanting you to learn, some teaches in the art of tough love but sometimes it has to be that way.
Management are great or at least in my store they are, like all places they have there good and bad moments but overall they are great.
The pay is great too, some weeks you will get loads of extra overtime and others you get your contracted hours, since I been there I have had overtime, there extra overtime on too of the overtime you get. I find 4 hour shifts are great but can be too short but when you can get longer shifts then it just right.
They encourage you to get a 'wow' which is customer feedback and when your name included you get a 'wow' off managent and it goes on the wall in the back.
The only downside is you hsvr to have patience of a saint with the amount of rude customers that comes through the doors, especially in fitting rooms as they chuck everything at you.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Rude customers
fun place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cargo, UK10 May 2018
I enjoyed my time with the company and only left due to my personal circumstances, highly recommend as fantastic company to work for.
I would the only downside was unchecked overtime but the managers would always help to get any issues resolved quickly and efficiently
Pros
fantastic managers and staff attitude
Cons
overtime not recorded properly
Amazing job
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  London10 May 2018
Amazing job with beautiful customers and friendly team.I learned a lot about my customer service, improved my english and also learned a lot about stock rooms, visual merchandising, being very patient and help people when they need it
Pros
Associate disccount
Cons
not enough hours
busy but can be very slow
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands6 May 2018
it was a good place to work that tought me a lot about customer service and how to work effeiciently as part of a team, along with skills like how to use a cash register.
Pros
kept busy
Cons
not very stimulating
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex6 May 2018
I worked during Christmas hours therefore it was very busy all the time so I was always doing something. I would work either at the tills or on the store floor. I learned how to use the tills and how to stock up items in the right places. I also learned how to communicate to customers and other staff.
The management was very good, the team leaders were really helpful when I was sometimes stuck on what to do. The workplace culture is great.

The hardest part of the job was the hours I did during Christmas as they were long and busy.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people around me and the managers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks
Hard work culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 May 2018
Banking
Pickup up cloths of the floor
Samping old stock turning it around in 6 hours
Reviewing the team
Customer orders
Customer feedbacks

Work place culture hard and recovering the store each night as there was never enough team members.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the staff.
Pros
Nice staff room
Cons
Long, long hours
Nice environment to work in
Associate (Current Employee) –  Epsom2 May 2018
The other associates are easy to work with, there is no atmosphere in the work place,the shop is always clean, it’s a well organised business and shop.
welcoming
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead1 May 2018
Tk maxx made my time very enjoyable as the staff are very professional but also very welcoming and take their job seriously which is passed down by the great management.
Good place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire1 May 2018
Good wage for retail, management not always the best but not a bad first place to work if you are younger. A lot higher wage than the average retail shop
Good Place, long hours
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester29 April 2018
Great working environment, staff act like a true team to help get through the day. Management see you as a person rather than a tool. Pay is pleasant compared to other retails
TkMaxx
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayes28 April 2018
Various of different responsibilities throughout the day.

Quite a rushed fast run company as they thrive on getting a lot done, this can however cause stress at times.
Cons
Stressful, Salary
Friendly & productive company.
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen27 April 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working here as my very first job. The salary was amazing. I learned some amazing working skills & made some life lasting friendships. The management here was very good.
Pros
Salary
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K