The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,203 reviews matching the search See all 4,998 reviews
Productive but fun workplace
FINANCE ADMIN (Former Employee) –  Matching5 September 2018
It was a nice place to work, with a relaxed and fun atmosphere the majority of the time. The management was a bit mehh, as with many americanised corporates, the middle band is burgeoning which can lead to clashes but other than that theres no major issues. Pay is quite good as well.
Robotic labour
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire5 September 2018
I personally didn't enjoy my time their it was only necessary due to renovations I partook in on my house, i needed something with little responsibility whilst I completed my tasks. I found hardwork was not looked upon with favour almost distain for lazier members including management.
Pros
Part time
Cons
Bad pay
Horrible and stressful
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Romford Town, Greater London3 September 2018
Staff are horrible and not welcoming to new people. They expect you to know how to work the tills with no experience and get annoyed when you ask for help.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
Nice place to work and good team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire3 September 2018
I did enjoy to work in this company. The team management was great and my colleagues was amazing. The work environment was nice also.I did work days and nights and i did like that at every shift start we received a briefing of the result ,targets,our duties and responsibilities for that shift.
Pros
Space for lunch and relaxation
Cons
Less working hours
Productive but difficult working area.
Section and Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford3 September 2018
My overall working experience has taught and shown me a lot to do with the job industry and made me understand how to work a business and how to work with people in a business. I have been taught whilst working in a big retail business how to manage stock, working at tills, working at customer services and being able to deal with tougher customers, dressing windows and features, putting stock onto the shop floor in relevant sections, and many more. My experience working at TKMAXX showed me I am a better person working as an individual rather than in a tem as I get things done better and am more concentrated in getting everything done, where as working in a team I did enjoy but many people I worked with were not as focused as me so I felt like I did all the work, however, if I worked with a productive team I would of felt a lot different. I felt like the hardest part of the job was the messing around of the schedule's as it changed a lot of the time and was not flexible at all, however, the workplace was full of happiness and everyone was lovely and kind. on the other hand the most enjoyable part of the job was working with amazing people and getting things done to how I wanted it to be and told to be as I always made sure I got everything done on time.
Pros
Amazing working atmosphere
Cons
Not flexible hours
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon31 August 2018
TKMAXX was an amazing place to work and they were very happy to work around my college and personal life/ schedule. Such caring and helpful staff too.
Pay good but not enough hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire31 August 2018
I worked at tk maxx for about a year and at first it was alright because it was around christmas time so you was always busy but as soon as christmas finished, the management at the store just went downhill.
The reason I left here was because of how awful the management were, I had enough and couldn’t take it anymore and the hours are atrocious. They never give out any extra hours now and you feel like you can’t even speak to the managers about anything because they’re so rude. Couldn’t be happier to leave that place and never want to work in retail again because of that place.
Pros
Hourly rate
High pressure
Sales Assistant/Rising Star (Current Employee) –  Walsall30 August 2018
Could be a great place to work but "business culture" gets lost and daily life just becomes about delivering a number. The Team Leader (Lead Associate) role is more responsibility and stress than you get paid for.

Some great people mixed in there with the bad.
Pros
work life balance, some nice extras and bonuses.
Cons
pressure takes over, result becomes the only factor
Tk maxx
"SALES ASSISTANT" (Former Employee) –  Reading29 August 2018
The management try best to accommodate staff and understand somethings come before work.
Great salary.
The team members are wonderful.
Good atmosphere.
Staff discount.
Really good atmosphere and didn’t want to leave but had to go for personal reasons.
Fast paced but fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  uk28 August 2018
Every day different with lots of new stock in a daily basis. Constantly merchandising to keep the inventory fresh and exciting for customers.
Culture was rewarding
what i learnt
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent26 August 2018
I learnt how to understand what retail is all about, how to re merchandise properly and most of all understand how customer service works. The most enjoyable part of he job was having different challenges each day.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cash Office Associate , Cashier , Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London24 August 2018
My experience of working in TKMaxx up until now is the best I could get as a fresher. I got to learn new things with the fellow associates and the management. Together we rock!
Pros
many
Good retail job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham New Street Station, West Midlands23 August 2018
the job was a average retail job for anyone looking for part time employment, the hours were manageable and the staff were friendly, however the work rota was often put up one day before the work week started which led to confusion
Team Leader
Charity work
Positive
Great for young people
Associate (Current Employee) –  Shropshire23 August 2018
Good for someone after a contract with over time and in need of a good wage. A typical day would involve, Registers, Maintenance, fitting rooms and putting out stock at the end of the day.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Frustrating customers
Average
Cash Office Assistant and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke22 August 2018
A typical day is you are there for the money and nothing else. Work environment varies with the manager on charge.
The team environment is also affected due to the manager that leads on the day.
Teamwork,career opportunities
Sales Assistant / Team Leader / Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 August 2018
Customer and teamwork focused workplace. As a main responsability I had to drive a team of 8,9 people or more during trade hours. Monitoring sales is a every day task. Face to face custumer and contractor communication, dealing with complains, making sure that day to day duties are achieved. Following closing and safety procedures at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part is that we build a familiar environment and teamwork is a must.
Pros
Salary, environment
Cons
long hours/weekends/holidays
Consuming job culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London18 August 2018
A typical day at work consisted of being told whether to work at the cashier or changing rooms or on the floor dependent on where you were needed or not. I received no proper training only what my colleagues hastily taught me as we had no time during the shift. The management was an absolute mess as different managers would often disagree and the lower employees would have a difficult time deciding which request to listen to. In only four months we had two different branch managers and as soon as the new branch manager was employed, I was fired. This job does however teach you how to deal with situations where you had little time and a lot to do.
Pros
10% employee discount
Cons
short lunch breaks, no real employee benefits, employee discount only 10% for ridiculous shifts and rude fellow employees.
Fun place to work (Homesense)
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire17 August 2018
Being a young member of staff I worked with many other people my age which made shifts go by a lot faster than at other places I have worked. They were also enjoyable. The role itself includes maintaining the store, serving customers and flowing stock out after a delivery (6 days a week). It was definitely the best job I've had and I only left to focus on my studies. It is also a rewarding job in that when you do a good job they will let you know. There's definitely opportunities to progress within the company and I feel they do emphasise this. The hardest part of the job was doing repetitive tasks, e.g. you will maintain an area and then have to keep going back to it again and again which can get boring. Around Christmas and any holiday period it also gets busy which can be challenging. But overall the company is very good to work for, I would recommend it. You also have a lot of input into any changes you would recommend for the store and I feel your opinions are valued. The team are all very friendly and I still have strong friendships with those I used to work despite leaving early this year. Personally I would recommend working at Homesense and I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
The pay, opportunities to progress within the company, work-life balance, good hours, variety of contracts available, feedback encouraged and listened to.
Cons
Repetitive tasks.
good, but no internal progression
Lead / training First line manager (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands14 August 2018
Needs to improve their internal talent progression,
Good place to work if you're an associate, good culture, good hours.
Clean tidy working environment. Diverse range of people
Pros
hours
Cons
no progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K