The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Focus on making sales associates happy but not management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bing12 September 2018
Can be good if your face fits but lots of pressure to mske people happy in work but always overlook store management. Need to look aftrr managers as tgey keep the company going
Pros
Always growing
Cons
Its retail
Strict yet professional retail environemnt
Loss Prevention Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds11 September 2018
The hours were reasonable, the structure of the staff and store was good, and the operations were professional and kept to a high standard. If you're looking for a job to enjoy however this is not it. The company is not a sociable place or enjoyable, it is just a basic job. They focus on the company being a team/family place to work, but there is no family/friendly atmosphere like other retail companies. But it isnt a bad job if you want to go to work and not really speak to anyone and then go home. Loss prevention expectations were too high, but very professionally done. The moral in LP would be better if the expectations weren't so unrealistic.
Brilliant staff
Retail associate (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh11 September 2018
Staff employed at TK Maxx are deliberately very friendly and willing to help out their teammates. Managers in my experience were very friendly, patient and especially hard-working, showing that they can lead from the front rather than merely delegate tasks to others.

While the work is relatively straightforward once you get to know it, there are days when it can become tedious and this is where the excellent work colleagues step in to make a day more bearable. There is no feisty. competitive side to these people, however many are still ambitious and driven.

The shop floor is usually busy, and you will be able to carry out a diverse range of jobs. Some days you may even be run off your feet, however the wage and company in general cannot be complained about compared to what I have heard in other retail jobs.

Overtime hours are paid at the normal rate, not an overtime rate (except for some hours of a nightshift) which I felt put many colleagues off the notion of offering to do overtime.

Overall, a very decent company to work for and I have generally enjoyed my five years here throughout university studies, meeting friends which I am sure I will retain for life.
Pros
Abundant paid holidays, wage per hour (compared to other retailers), friendly staff, usually always busy
Cons
Sometimes menial tasks, not paid extra for overtime
good workplace
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Ipswich9 September 2018
tk maxx is a good company to work for you are always busy and there is always something to do, however I find it difficult to balance work and my children with the hours that can be given.
Pathetic management, laziness and unprofessional behaviour from the top down
Manager (Former Employee) –  Merseyside5 September 2018
Well where do we start?
Horrendous experience being a manager in this company. Managers are all out for themselves, they dont give 1 single **** about their sales associates that keep the wheel turning. It’s a shame a workplace with so much potential is so bitter.
District managers pop in once a week to throw their clueless, egotistical empty brains about. (No, get some other clown to carry your bags) LOL

Literally do not bother devoting 40 hours of your life to this dead end company, this business model physically cannot sustain the next 5-10 years.

Best of luck with your future endeavours Tk Maxx.
Pros
Discount
Cons
All the yes men and backstabbing
Productive but fun workplace
FINANCE ADMIN (Former Employee) –  Matching5 September 2018
It was a nice place to work, with a relaxed and fun atmosphere the majority of the time. The management was a bit mehh, as with many americanised corporates, the middle band is burgeoning which can lead to clashes but other than that theres no major issues. Pay is quite good as well.
Robotic labour
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire5 September 2018
I personally didn't enjoy my time their it was only necessary due to renovations I partook in on my house, i needed something with little responsibility whilst I completed my tasks. I found hardwork was not looked upon with favour almost distain for lazier members including management.
Pros
Part time
Cons
Bad pay
Horrible and stressful
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Romford Town, Greater London3 September 2018
Staff are horrible and not welcoming to new people. They expect you to know how to work the tills with no experience and get annoyed when you ask for help.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
Nice place to work and good team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire3 September 2018
I did enjoy to work in this company. The team management was great and my colleagues was amazing. The work environment was nice also.I did work days and nights and i did like that at every shift start we received a briefing of the result ,targets,our duties and responsibilities for that shift.
Pros
Space for lunch and relaxation
Cons
Less working hours
Productive but difficult working area.
Section and Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford3 September 2018
My overall working experience has taught and shown me a lot to do with the job industry and made me understand how to work a business and how to work with people in a business. I have been taught whilst working in a big retail business how to manage stock, working at tills, working at customer services and being able to deal with tougher customers, dressing windows and features, putting stock onto the shop floor in relevant sections, and many more. My experience working at TKMAXX showed me I am a better person working as an individual rather than in a tem as I get things done better and am more concentrated in getting everything done, where as working in a team I did enjoy but many people I worked with were not as focused as me so I felt like I did all the work, however, if I worked with a productive team I would of felt a lot different. I felt like the hardest part of the job was the messing around of the schedule's as it changed a lot of the time and was not flexible at all, however, the workplace was full of happiness and everyone was lovely and kind. on the other hand the most enjoyable part of the job was working with amazing people and getting things done to how I wanted it to be and told to be as I always made sure I got everything done on time.
Pros
Amazing working atmosphere
Cons
Not flexible hours
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon31 August 2018
TKMAXX was an amazing place to work and they were very happy to work around my college and personal life/ schedule. Such caring and helpful staff too.
Pay good but not enough hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire31 August 2018
I worked at tk maxx for about a year and at first it was alright because it was around christmas time so you was always busy but as soon as christmas finished, the management at the store just went downhill.
The reason I left here was because of how awful the management were, I had enough and couldn’t take it anymore and the hours are atrocious. They never give out any extra hours now and you feel like you can’t even speak to the managers about anything because they’re so rude. Couldn’t be happier to leave that place and never want to work in retail again because of that place.
Pros
Hourly rate
High pressure
Sales Assistant/Rising Star (Current Employee) –  Walsall30 August 2018
Could be a great place to work but "business culture" gets lost and daily life just becomes about delivering a number. The Team Leader (Lead Associate) role is more responsibility and stress than you get paid for.

Some great people mixed in there with the bad.
Pros
work life balance, some nice extras and bonuses.
Cons
pressure takes over, result becomes the only factor
Tk maxx
"SALES ASSISTANT" (Former Employee) –  Reading29 August 2018
The management try best to accommodate staff and understand somethings come before work.
Great salary.
The team members are wonderful.
Good atmosphere.
Staff discount.
Really good atmosphere and didn’t want to leave but had to go for personal reasons.
Fast paced but fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  uk28 August 2018
Every day different with lots of new stock in a daily basis. Constantly merchandising to keep the inventory fresh and exciting for customers.
Culture was rewarding
what i learnt
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent26 August 2018
I learnt how to understand what retail is all about, how to re merchandise properly and most of all understand how customer service works. The most enjoyable part of he job was having different challenges each day.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cash Office Associate , Cashier , Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London24 August 2018
My experience of working in TKMaxx up until now is the best I could get as a fresher. I got to learn new things with the fellow associates and the management. Together we rock!
Pros
many
Good retail job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham New Street Station, West Midlands23 August 2018
the job was a average retail job for anyone looking for part time employment, the hours were manageable and the staff were friendly, however the work rota was often put up one day before the work week started which led to confusion
Team Leader
Charity work
Positive
Great for young people
Associate (Current Employee) –  Shropshire23 August 2018
Good for someone after a contract with over time and in need of a good wage. A typical day would involve, Registers, Maintenance, fitting rooms and putting out stock at the end of the day.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Frustrating customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K