The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,225 reviews matching the search See all 5,076 reviews
fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire16 May 2018
serve customers at the tills and put out new sock in the mornings after delivery. Tidy up the your given department during shift while serving customers if need help.
Pros
good wages
Cons
hardly any benefits
Nice people surrounding you, lots of support.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire28 January 2018
You turn up everyone says "Hello" and you are treated with respect by every level of management and staff. It is a good place to work, advancement is not very often spoken about. The hardest part of the job is the boredom as your mind wonders and it is very hard to stay focused. The most enjoyable part is being around such a positive workforce.
Pros
Good hourly salary.
Cons
4 hour shifts mean you have to work more separate days.
My first job
Associate (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Ashford26 September 2018
TK Maxx was my first job, I took it because I had just moved to the area and was in need of a job and TK Maxx were the first to get back to me. My shifts typically involved either manning the fitting rooms or performing 'maintenance' which involved making sure the shop floor was tidy. It was a tough job because there was a lack of training and a lack of communication from management. In the end, I had to leave the job partly because of my issues with management but mostly because of the distance I had to travel in order to get to work.
Pros
Equal opportunities employee
Cons
Distance, management not perfect
Good for retail
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harlow, Essex22 November 2018
Working here is nice because all of the staff get on and everyone knows and helps each other. Very welcoming. Typical day is usual retail tasks, tills and tidying mainly. Only downfall of this shop is that there are no consistent hours. I usually do four hours one day from 7 in the morning and 7 hours the next day working until 9pm. Management are very friendly and easy to talk to.
Pros
Good pay for retail. Nice people and company to work for.
Cons
Early/ late hours
High pressure
Sales Assistant/Rising Star (Current Employee) –  Walsall30 August 2018
Could be a great place to work but "business culture" gets lost and daily life just becomes about delivering a number. The Team Leader (Lead Associate) role is more responsibility and stress than you get paid for.

Some great people mixed in there with the bad.
Pros
work life balance, some nice extras and bonuses.
Cons
pressure takes over, result becomes the only factor
Productive and supportive work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London1 January 2019
Sometimes it’s hectic during long hours
Learned so many positive things
Managers are so helpful
Culture of the workplace is friendly
I love to listen and solve customers problems
Pros
Flexible hours
Pay good but not enough hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire31 August 2018
I worked at tk maxx for about a year and at first it was alright because it was around christmas time so you was always busy but as soon as christmas finished, the management at the store just went downhill.
The reason I left here was because of how awful the management were, I had enough and couldn’t take it anymore and the hours are atrocious. They never give out any extra hours now and you feel like you can’t even speak to the managers about anything because they’re so rude. Couldn’t be happier to leave that place and never want to work in retail again because of that place.
Pros
Hourly rate
TkMaxx
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayes28 April 2018
Various of different responsibilities throughout the day.

Quite a rushed fast run company as they thrive on getting a lot done, this can however cause stress at times.
Cons
Stressful, Salary
Good pay and benefits for a reason
Associate (Former Employee) –  Walsall1 January 2019
Useless management, racist, degrading company. If you can work through all the rubbish and under minding this is the place for you.

No advancing in the company unless your in a relationship with a manger or sleeping with a SOM sad but very true.

Good pay, good holidays given.

Useless canteen food, horrible work patterns.
Pros
Good pay and holiday entitlement
Cons
Racist, degrading, 0 social life
Pathetic management, laziness and unprofessional behaviour from the top down
Manager (Former Employee) –  Merseyside5 September 2018
Well where do we start?
Horrendous experience being a manager in this company. Managers are all out for themselves, they dont give 1 single **** about their sales associates that keep the wheel turning. It’s a shame a workplace with so much potential is so bitter.
District managers pop in once a week to throw their clueless, egotistical empty brains about. (No, get some other clown to carry your bags) LOL

Literally do not bother devoting 40 hours of your life to this dead end company, this business model physically cannot sustain the next 5-10 years.

Best of luck with your future endeavours Tk Maxx.
Pros
Discount
Cons
All the yes men and backstabbing
Fun Wrokplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex26 October 2018
An enjoyable workplace where the hours take away from the enjoyment. A lot of pressure is put on staff to constantly be available at short notice. The job itself is interesting and challenging in it's own way but it reaches a limit with little opportunity for career advancement.
Pros
Interesting workplace
Cons
Irregular hours
Great experience
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Purley, Greater London20 December 2018
Started working in tjx from a young age, so I managed to learn important life lessons that would benefit me as I grew older into the work life.

Great experience.
Strict yet professional retail environemnt
Loss Prevention Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds11 September 2018
The hours were reasonable, the structure of the staff and store was good, and the operations were professional and kept to a high standard. If you're looking for a job to enjoy however this is not it. The company is not a sociable place or enjoyable, it is just a basic job. They focus on the company being a team/family place to work, but there is no family/friendly atmosphere like other retail companies. But it isnt a bad job if you want to go to work and not really speak to anyone and then go home. Loss prevention expectations were too high, but very professionally done. The moral in LP would be better if the expectations weren't so unrealistic.
Not bad
warehouse operative in receiving department (Former Employee) –  Knottingley, UK2 December 2018
The work there is not bad, comparing to some places and sometimes I enjoyed it. At times it was interesting. Management was poor (my department), attitude was quite poor, becausethey have a really hypocritical policy there. The only thing I really enjoyed, were the people that I worked with.
Pros
Sallary
Cons
Company rules
management
staff and customers (Former Employee) –  West Midlands28 January 2018
Poor management of larger teams in certain stores. Advancement is a very slow process. Great pay but if you work hard you end up doing everyone else's job for them (again in certain stores).
Pros
Salary
Cons
Slow advancement
Enjoyable and positive
Shop salesperson (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes22 June 2018
Working as a sales associate at TK Maxx was overall an enjoyable experience, my role involved: communicating with and assisting customers to the best of my ability, serving customers at the tills and fitting rooms, arranging displays, replenishing stock, and making sure the store remained tidy.
Shifts were given weekly which meant I had to be adaptable, and I worked both independently and in a team with other members of staff. Member of management were approachable and efficient, though a little unorganised among themselves - I would occasionally be asked to perform different tasks by different members of management - however my time there was overall positive.
Pros
Different tasks each shift
Cons
Weekly shifts
Typical Customer Service job, what more is there to say?
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire30 October 2017
The job was from what I understand a typical customer service job. I was hired through a temp agency and therefore not all of the benefits that were available to the company employees were available to me, but rather I had my holiday and other benefits directly from the agency. The job consisted of answering calls from customers who have had a less than satisfactory experience in store or with their online order, whilst responding to emails. The biggest thing that I learned was that you will not be able to make everyone happy, and that some people are downright awful. Despite these challenges, the management within our office did a very good job to make the workplace the best that they could, even when it felt that the company had ignored our department to the point of near collapse. I have heard that it has improved in the weeks and months since I have left. The most satisfying part of the job was when a customer with a particularly challenging issue was able to be resolved.
Productive and challenging
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Slough14 October 2018
Everyday is a different day. Helping customers and building up friendships is a very rewarding part of the job. Being able to work well in a team to achieve good standards and results is also very rewarding.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Long hours.
Great people- not enough payroll meaning no work life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff11 December 2018
You’ll be expected so clock out and continue to work as it’s impossible to get everything done. Higher management are aware of this issue in every store - but you are seen as a number - easily replaced
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Losing people rapidly due to poor treatment
None I have nothing to say
Associate (Current Employee) –  Wimbledon2 November 2018
I learnt nothing because I’m alway in the same place at the till and The fitting room i think that everyone say something bad about another and some of the people in the store are disrespectful
Pros
Discount
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K