The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Review

View all The TJX Companies, Inc. reviews

Fun & Supported
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Truro7 February 2018
A typical day required organising and facilitating morning team/staff briefing, organising staff duties, dealing with sickness and late employees, cash handling and preparing the store for opening, dealing with staff and customer complaints, being aware of health and safety protocols, delegating responsibilities to all staff throughout the day, ensuring that the shop floor was clean and tidy, well stocked and all team members were happy and felt supported in their given duties for the day, cash handling and till checks throughout the day with final till checks after closing, ensuring all monies and tills are in accordance, ensuring that the shop floor and front are ready for the following day ahead.
Pros
Supported, Encouraged

Other The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Consuming job culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London18 August 2018
A typical day at work consisted of being told whether to work at the cashier or changing rooms or on the floor dependent on where you were needed or not. I received no proper training only what my colleagues hastily taught me as we had no time during the shift. The management was an absolute mess as different managers would often disagree and the lower employees would have a difficult time deciding which request to listen to. In only four months we had two different branch managers and as soon as the new branch manager was employed, I was fired. This job does however teach you how to deal with situations where you had little time and a lot to do.
Pros
10% employee discount
Cons
short lunch breaks, no real employee benefits, employee discount only 10% for ridiculous shifts and rude fellow employees.
Fun place to work (Homesense)
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire17 August 2018
Being a young member of staff I worked with many other people my age which made shifts go by a lot faster than at other places I have worked. They were also enjoyable. The role itself includes maintaining the store, serving customers and flowing stock out after a delivery (6 days a week). It was definitely the best job I've had and I only left to focus on my studies. It is also a rewarding job in that when you do a good job they will let you know. There's definitely opportunities to progress within the company and I feel they do emphasise this. The hardest part of the job was doing repetitive tasks, e.g. you will maintain an area and then have to keep going back to it again and again which can get boring. Around Christmas and any holiday period it also gets busy which can be challenging. But overall the company is very good to work for, I would recommend it. You also have a lot of input into any changes you would recommend for the store and I feel your opinions are valued. The team are all very friendly and I still have strong friendships with those I used to work despite leaving early this year. Personally I would recommend working at Homesense and I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
The pay, opportunities to progress within the company, work-life balance, good hours, variety of contracts available, feedback encouraged and listened to.
Cons
Repetitive tasks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K