The TJX Companies, Inc. Pay & Benefits reviews

Great
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  merry hill brierley hill2 February 2018
Working for TKMaxx was very good and a learning experience. The salary was at a good amount, the managers were very helpful and calm. Loved it. A normal day at work was normal but towards Christmas it could get very busy and hectic, but the managers and the place was very helpful as they would help you with whatever was needed.
Nice people surrounding you, lots of support.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire28 January 2018
You turn up everyone says "Hello" and you are treated with respect by every level of management and staff. It is a good place to work, advancement is not very often spoken about. The hardest part of the job is the boredom as your mind wonders and it is very hard to stay focused. The most enjoyable part is being around such a positive workforce.
Pros
Good hourly salary.
Cons
4 hour shifts mean you have to work more separate days.
management
staff and customers (Former Employee) –  West Midlands28 January 2018
Poor management of larger teams in certain stores. Advancement is a very slow process. Great pay but if you work hard you end up doing everyone else's job for them (again in certain stores).
Pros
Salary
Cons
Slow advancement
Great workplace
TK Maxx/ Associate (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire20 January 2018
I really enjoyed working for company, very friendly colleagues and managers. Great work environment. Managers are helpful with working hours or holidays.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
Good salary and good culture
Support Analyst Level (Current Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire15 January 2018
Good salary and good culture
Management can be very open and honest
I get to work with people all day very friendly
People are willing to help
Good training opportunities
Pros
training opportunties
Cons
discount
Ok work place
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farnborough11 January 2018
A typical day at work for me involves serving customers and doing many jobs. Hours can be strange, and you don't always get the desired ones you want. Social place, and a good location with free parking.
busy
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire6 January 2018
so would have to work at the tills or like on the shop floor and the fitting rooms. long hours but we get long breaks so its okay. have to talk to loads customers and therefore have to have great customer service.
Nice Place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset27 December 2017
Nice to work there if you are use to retail work, benefits and job allows room for promotions. Friendly staff and safe place to leave your belongings.
Pros
Good starting salary
Management needs a bit of work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, UK30 November 2017
Working at TK was often stressful when the teams weren't working together but overall ok. The management didn't seem to communicate amongst each other and that was often apparent when we would ask different management members the same questions and receive difference answers.
But everyone was friendly enough, and it was a good part time job with flexibility.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Short breaks, poor management at times
an okay place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Prestatyn20 November 2017
TKMAXX offers a good pay, and can be flexible with hours but from my experience they're quite often understaffed and are aren't always organised in the way they sort the hours
Pros
10% discount
Cons
hours
A lot of hours
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands17 November 2017
Be prepared to work all weekend. It is a good company to work for however it is a alot of work. Difficult to get weekends off but good friendly staff environment
A up and down work environment
Customer service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Peterborough9 November 2017
Working for Tk maxx is always a continues and changing business which is always not for everyone working long for the business its not always easy to work your way up the ladder unless you wish to sacrifice all your personal time.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days and little gratification
Customer Sales (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth9 November 2017
This is a good place to work if you are commitment free, I found it hard to work here while being pushed to do more hours than I said I could. other than that the work is good.
Pros
staff discount and nice co workers
Very Good
Associate (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex3 November 2017
Good Place to work, lots of benefits. All caring staff. Typical day would be maintaining the floor and helping customers. Management is very good, hardest part of the job would be the busiest days.
Typical Customer Service job, what more is there to say?
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire30 October 2017
The job was from what I understand a typical customer service job. I was hired through a temp agency and therefore not all of the benefits that were available to the company employees were available to me, but rather I had my holiday and other benefits directly from the agency. The job consisted of answering calls from customers who have had a less than satisfactory experience in store or with their online order, whilst responding to emails. The biggest thing that I learned was that you will not be able to make everyone happy, and that some people are downright awful. Despite these challenges, the management within our office did a very good job to make the workplace the best that they could, even when it felt that the company had ignored our department to the point of near collapse. I have heard that it has improved in the weeks and months since I have left. The most satisfying part of the job was when a customer with a particularly challenging issue was able to be resolved.
productive and fun
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charing Cross, Greater London30 October 2017
this job is a very good job however the hours that i require to work are not good for my current circumstances but I need a job and a source of income so it will have to do for now.
Pros
good staff
Cons
late nights and long hours
Productive amd fun work place with amazing pay!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Twickenham29 October 2017
Tkmaxx has been quite the journey for me. Started off as my part time student job and ended up being my main job for 5 years because of how amazing all teams are. Getting transfers from one store to another is a breeze and can be done to be more convenient to you. Great managers and good overall work ethic. Not too strict of an environment. Enjoyable experience.
Pros
Double discounts
Cons
4 hours shift basis for those who want long hours can only do 4 or 8
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxford25 October 2017
This was my first job from when I left school and so it was my first taste of work life. It was a normal job and the hours were fine and they fit in with my school schedule.
not that good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke9 October 2017
good weekend job for people but again, not really a career choice and no good progression within the company, i would avoid this unless youre in full time education
Pros
easy money
Cons
bad management
short hours but good overtime
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea8 October 2017
Colleagues were good to work with; contract hours were short, but always opportunities for overtime; heavy lifting involved, which was hardest part of job.
Pros
easy access to work
Cons
contract hours short

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K