The TJX Companies, Inc. Management reviews

Found 429 reviews matching the search See all 5,131 reviews
Good investment and friendly people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire17 February 2019
had my first day it was very welcoming and had learned a lot how to use the tiles and organise the shop floor management was very welcoming and show every one how to use stuff and made sore we was ok and felt comfortable whit using the tiles and helping customers
Pros
Good money
Cons
Some time long standing
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grays12 February 2019
A good place to work, big growing company, friendly staff and management. busy place to work,
comfy place to work. i was working on tills
Worst Place to work
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Woking7 February 2019
Every day was a nightmare, the management really dont know how to manage workers they all harass workers and keep on demanding a sense of being higher than everyone else. they kept on making me stay over night by guilt tripping me.

The mangers were so absolute garbage at giving instructions. They would tell me to do something in the vaguest way and when i asked them to explain it to me as i was new they would then waffle.
Wouldn't recommend. Stressful
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol6 February 2019
Management team were quite frankly awful, rude and unorganised. Constantly doing the same thing (fitting rooms) which is the most boring, unhelpful thing in the whole shop. Tragic to say the least. Finishing at 10pm twice a week, the shop floor was always left untidy and unorganised making it hard for early starters or night shifters. Me being an early starter quite often, this came with a lot of stress.
Pros
After working a certain amount of hours per shift, you are allowed a break
Cons
Dreadful management team.
Good team atmosphere
Stockroom specialist (Former Employee) –  Salisbury1 February 2019
Management promise progression they know will not happen.
Self motivation and hard work ethic needed.
No commercial skills trained within the company.
Pros
Strong team
Cons
Weak management
big borther
Retail Sales Assistant, Part-time (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith1 February 2019
standing up at the tills serving or tidying up the racks and helping out in the changing rooms. i learnt that some people as managers do not care abut how you feel they just cared about the brand.
some management find one thing to fault you at and use that as something to pick at you or watch you over every time.
that particular store is one of the best stores i have been to in terms of what they well and probably because they have three stores.

the hardest part of the job was not fully knowing my right as it was my first job and i was pregnant and not knowing how to voice that to my manager. and then once i did feeling like no on cared when my feet was starting to hurt.

the enjoyable thing was making friends and being able to work with one of my friends at the time
Pros
discount
Cons
being watched on like a hawk
Not that bad if work is not your be all and end all.
Associate (Former Employee) –  London1 February 2019
“Management” manage as if they have no duty of care. You are expected to get your hours for the next week at the last minute and be happy with that. Minimum wage and yet they sometimes expect you to be ten mins early to have a briefing or wait ten mins at end while someone else has theirs. That is basically illegal. If someone else is late you’re supposed to wait for them to relieve you - how is that fair? It’s all about the personality of the manager really - some are better than others. 10% staff discount not really that great. They go on and on about working as a team but truth is you’re not really supposed to chat to your colleagues - how does that work?
Demining
Associate (Former Employee) –  Colton Leeds30 January 2019
No consistency in hours changed rota on a daily basis.
Bullying management.
Relied on young students who are frightened to speak up.
Spoken to like rubbish.
Intimidating.
Average
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  cardiff29 January 2019
was your average retail wprk place with not many regular customers which made it hard to build consistent rapports with customers. Management was average nothing to shout and rave about
Busy, yet fun
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate28 January 2019
Non stop work but a bubbly management team to help us through. A lot of regular customers would come in to look for the bargains and it was great to get to know them.
Hard work but good pay
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire16 January 2019
I was made to feel pressured into working many more hours than I was contracted for and the management did not really listen to any stress concerns when struggling to balance uni as well. Shifts always go fast but you are expected to learn and do a lot as a normal assistant.
Pros
10% discount and good pay
Cons
Long hours and people talking behind others' backs
Full on
Associate (Former Employee) –  Dundee12 January 2019
Full on work for a good wage however management may sometimes be short tempered despite a commitment to the work. Causes stress and anxiety in some team members.
productive but long hours
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset3 January 2019
Overall, I really enjoyed working with the team that I did at TK Maxx and the pay was really good especially for my age group. I was on a 16 hour contract but was often scheduled for much more than this which was tiring and everyone was kept behind for much longer than scheduled. It was often very rushed and there was rarely enough associates working in the evenings. Management is quite messy but the store itself teaches you a lot about retail especially as I wasn't really trained for anything I was just expected to teach it to myself but I did enjoy working with the team I did
Pros
pay and discount
Cons
longer hours than perceived
Good pay and benefits for a reason
Associate (Former Employee) –  Walsall1 January 2019
Useless management, racist, degrading company. If you can work through all the rubbish and under minding this is the place for you.

No advancing in the company unless your in a relationship with a manger or sleeping with a SOM sad but very true.

Good pay, good holidays given.

Useless canteen food, horrible work patterns.
Pros
Good pay and holiday entitlement
Cons
Racist, degrading, 0 social life
Good pay, but management get monies worth
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redditch27 December 2018
One of the best paid retail jobs around, staff are great to work with but management is hit and miss. Discount only 10% so could be better. Have to work hard.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Discount
Great people- not enough payroll meaning no work life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff11 December 2018
You’ll be expected so clock out and continue to work as it’s impossible to get everything done. Higher management are aware of this issue in every store - but you are seen as a number - easily replaced
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Losing people rapidly due to poor treatment
Not bad
warehouse operative in receiving department (Former Employee) –  Knottingley, UK2 December 2018
The work there is not bad, comparing to some places and sometimes I enjoyed it. At times it was interesting. Management was poor (my department), attitude was quite poor, becausethey have a really hypocritical policy there. The only thing I really enjoyed, were the people that I worked with.
Pros
Sallary
Cons
Company rules
Worst work place ever
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex30 November 2018
The managers were horrible, had no manners and just didn't care about you or how you were. there was no friendliness withing the company and i would advise anyone thinking of working their DON'T.
Just Dont
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire24 November 2018
If you value your mental health then DO NOT apply to join at any TKMaxx store. You will be overworked as all stores are understaffed and you will be set impossible tasks to complete. If these tasks are not complete then you will be scolded at the next working day. This is a continuous cycle as the workload is too much for one person.
The Rota is always up late in the week so you cant plan ahead.
Random working hours (3.30 - 8 30 for example) so you have no work life balance.
Management is terrible.
Pros
10% Discount
Cons
Everything. Avoid at all costs
Good for retail
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harlow, Essex22 November 2018
Working here is nice because all of the staff get on and everyone knows and helps each other. Very welcoming. Typical day is usual retail tasks, tills and tidying mainly. Only downfall of this shop is that there are no consistent hours. I usually do four hours one day from 7 in the morning and 7 hours the next day working until 9pm. Management are very friendly and easy to talk to.
Pros
Good pay for retail. Nice people and company to work for.
Cons
Early/ late hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K