The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Horrible
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands21 October 2018
You're simply treated like a dart you got to hit a target. The company treats you like disposal humans you're just a biological robot to them. Horrible experience they send you everywhere to do rubbish jobs for long hours standing. Half an hour break by the time you walk to take your break it's time to go back because of the long walk. Rubbish management totally unhappy.
Pros
Cons
Hours, the work, management
Verifying Merchandise
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Walsall, United Kingdom24 September 2018
TJX is a company where merchandise (e.g clothes, shoes) are distributed to stores. A typical day at work is attaching tickets to every item and ensuring the correct number of items are selected to be shipped to each stores. It is a strenuous job in which individual stands for 8 hours a day but it is a friendly environment where individual can improve leadership and communication skills.
Its ok to work there
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire17 September 2018
Its OK to work there not the best because they need to did more training and u get Saturday of so u have time to chatch up on sleep and the times u start is good
Pros
Cons
Good hours
Fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands31 May 2018
A fun place to work. Some roles can be quite physical and demanding. You must be fast-paced. Good hours and a good wage. I have Really enjoyed working here.
Human slavery at its best!
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire14 March 2018
There is no respect for humans, managers yelling at you for not reaching the targets and laughing behind the counter with team leaders,health and safety is a JOKE , they don't care if you got a problem all you get in response is "business needs" . You don't have the right to speak your mind, if you want to keep your job you need to keep you head down and smile when they pick on you. I never felt so humiliated before!
Pros
Cons
way too many
productive
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Wednesbury19 February 2018
learned alot working for tk maxx learned about managment level its was a fun work place to be in.hardest part of the job was peak times when targets were high but did enjoy that time been busy and feeling proud when targets were hit.
Pros
days off
Cons
working sundays
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands12 February 2018
Usually I was putting price tickets on merchandise and selecting it to
appropriate stores, also I used to jump in flow to make sure that the boxes aren't filled too high with items.
Pros
Nearby
Amazing job
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire3 January 2018
It was my first warehouse job, I learned a great deal from them, organization, the importance of cleaning and team work. The managers were very friendly and they got us to the level required to work in that environment.
Pros
Leaning how to work, ethics and friendly
great company
Flexible warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Walsall3 January 2018
I enjoyed working for TK Maxx. it was a great opportunity for me. the work is good and there is always something to do. It was a healthy environment and the people were nice.
Good Company
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire27 December 2017
Good management and friendly team and cooperative. Selecting products and separated for different stores from UK and Europe. Ticketing Tjx price on the products before selecting.
Pros
30 minutes break
Cons
5 hours and half works
Very nice job
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire11 December 2017
Best job ever, perfect working place... 😉
Absolutely amazing shifts anyway 17 working days
Very good associates.... Full training... And overtime available
Productive workplace
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire4 September 2017
On a day to day basis warehouse operatives, depending on which department, ticket and select products for store distibution.

What I like about the job is seeing products before they go to the stores.

What I dislike about the job is that there are expectations in each department which are sometimes not quite realistic to happen.

It is hard to work here if you have any allergies and/or asthma since workload can include items that can be mildly or quite difficult to work with.

However its quite rewarding to learn how the items we buy are processed before we see them in stores.
Pros
Cheap Cafeteria Food, Rotating Shift Work
Cons
Long hours, Physical, Manual
no good
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Walsall24 August 2017
gave me a broom when i was there said that was my job but wasnt when i applied for warehouse operative and passed all the assesment which they set with flying colours
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire7 April 2017
Can be stressful, always on about targets. Learned quite a few skills, this is encouraged throughout the departments. Management can be tough but most are fair. The hours are regular and you don't have to do split shifts. Disciplinary procedure is too strict.
Pros
Not split shifts
Cons
Can be shipped from one dept to another without notice.
The job is ok but I would like to try something else.
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Normanton, West Yorkshire1 February 2017
I have a friend who works in the caring industry and she has told me a lot about it and I am very interested and I would like to learn more about looking after the Vulnerable people
Pros
just to help people in need
Cons
to be happy in my job looking after people
no more
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands27 January 2017
very hard work especially for hands, in constant rush. changes are set so that someone who has children does not have time to rest.
varied
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire20 January 2017
Sadly there is no warehouses left in this country they relocated all warehouses to Poland, unable to comment about the shops as never worked in one
Pros
10% discount in stores
Cons
Very good company time for a change
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire3 January 2017
Very good company to work for but would like day time shifts, looking for a new challenge , day involves warehouse work (oder picking ) staff and management both good ,
was quite good
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Walsall15 December 2016
work was hard and very fast with little to no support from Russians/polish workers luckily found a few nice English chaps and friend people to try and stay working with as better environment. management get angry when you talk to each other and get sarcastic , lunch break is quite short but decent at 30 mins, long work time between breaks as work starts at 6am - 3pm break at 10 for 30 minutes and home time is at 2:45 as no break is within 4 hours they let you leave 15 minutes early is your still able to walk and not blistered to death HAHAHA

i learned do not trust russians! they were all so grumpy!!
Pros
morning shifts, pay rate
Cons
co-workers, manager, temporary position
Takky Maxx indeed
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Coleraine, County Londonderry22 November 2016
Horrendous place to work. Foreign manager unqualified and a nasty piece of work. Suggested I wasn't talkative enough and emphasised work too much over banter with staff. Unprofessional company. Staff very kilqy and constantly suckling up to management.
Pros
Cons
Rubbish hours no security. Poor environment woeful management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K