The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Good place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire1 May 2018
Good wage for retail, management not always the best but not a bad first place to work if you are younger. A lot higher wage than the average retail shop
exciting job with perk, benefits and rewards
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire30 March 2018
The working environment is excellent, there is teamwork and always different opportunity skills to learn. There are rewards, such as certificates for excellency in customer service, strongly taking part in charities and any other ideas that helps the store. Management set up daily briefs and monthly meetings that keeps everything up to date and what plans are expected in the near future. Thus, all workers are kept on their toes and improving on their daily activities and on their job roles.
Pros
all staffs are looked after
Cons
not enough hours, mostly part time
Overall okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  BD21 3NJ10 March 2018
i learned alot of new skills at TKMaxx, and good training was given on the introduction days. However, there seemed to be different types of managing styles and alot of staff left initially which meant we were understaffed.
Cons
no leeway alongside studies or extra curricular activities
Not bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London6 March 2018
It's not a bad place to work.
Pay rate is average and people are nice.

Because they sell cheaper products it feels like the store is on sale all the time. So it's always busy.
didn't enjoy time here
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth28 January 2018
Lack of organisation and the managers talk to you like dirt and make you feel down about entering the workplace constantly talking down to you and trying to make you fell belittled! really did not enjoy my time at TKMAXX
Pros
Meet nice customers
Cons
Poor management
racial issues
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Balham, Greater London28 January 2018
I felt uncomfortable and targeted in this work but due to financial difficulties I placed the issues aside and continued working. would never work for TK maxx again unfortunately
Pros
money
Cons
unfair distribution of work
Fun wokplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  High Street Kensington Station27 January 2018
I liked working there.
The company thinks about it's staff with its discount
works with them to help maintain their work environment
The customers love it as you can find a bargain
Pros
Customers
Least rewarding and enjoyable place to work..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Midlands21 January 2018
Within my time working for TKMaxx I found the hours were shocking and the management was extremely poor, the treatment of staff was appalling and the workplace atmosphere was very stressed and uncomfortable. However if you want to progress within retail sales, working for TKMaxx will further your knowledge of brands, discounts, and stock.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ayr18 January 2018
I had a seasonal contract within the company and found my time here to be enjoyable. The team I worked with were so helpful and didn't hesitate if you ever had a question or were stuck with something. You were always kept busy there was never a point where you be stuck doing nothing. Would 100% return to this workplace if I had the chance.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bangor, Gwynedd16 January 2018
A great place to work, good training provided, staff discount and career progression available. Great pay with yearly increments. A fast paced, engaging place to work!
Pros
Staff discount
Management needs a bit of work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, UK30 November 2017
Working at TK was often stressful when the teams weren't working together but overall ok. The management didn't seem to communicate amongst each other and that was often apparent when we would ask different management members the same questions and receive difference answers.
But everyone was friendly enough, and it was a good part time job with flexibility.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Short breaks, poor management at times
Excellent Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire24 November 2017
I loved working here everyone is so friendly and helpful managers are good there always on hand to help you when needed, always fun to work with everyone
an okay place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Prestatyn20 November 2017
TKMAXX offers a good pay, and can be flexible with hours but from my experience they're quite often understaffed and are aren't always organised in the way they sort the hours
Pros
10% discount
Cons
hours
Fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire13 November 2017
Tkmaxx is so busy especially coming up to Christmas. Depending on what job you have been given, stock control is very fast paced has to be precise. The whole day on shop floor is quite tiring as you have to make sure the shop floor always clear and no clothing is off the hangers. Best part of the job is customer service/ interactions. Hardest part of the job is stock control.
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Alright place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire5 November 2017
Other than the bad management TKMaxx is okay to work at. Your colleagues become your best friends for life, like having a second family. However, the management is shocking when it comes to work related issues.

The job itself requires you to be able to multi task but the job is fun as you're always busy so the shift goes by fast.
productive and exciting busy place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  collierswood26 October 2017
worrking in TK Max was also very helpful to learn how to manage the stock room and sorting out the deliveries almost ever day. TK Max was a big store fo having different departments.
Perfect First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bletchley, Buckinghamshire11 October 2017
I was hired when i was 16, they kept me on board part time until i left for University, then my store kept me on as a seasonal worker. This was amazing as it meant i could keep my work ethic and still earn money without it affecting my studies.
Great pay, not so great management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 October 2017
The pay is great, management wasn't the best and obtaining holidays or more/less hours of work was a struggle.

Workplace culture was okay. Hardest part of the job was dealing with management but the most enjoyable for me was the customers.
Friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St Helens5 October 2017
All my collegues where very friendly and welcoming. I have made life long friend. The work was always on the go but i enjoyed trying different sections of the work place.
Pros
Different departments to learn
Cons
Unsure shift patterns
terrible management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire3 October 2017
A typical day at work consists of working like a dog whilst the managers stand and watch or sit in the office in the back planning their wedding. awful management, awfully ran store.
Pros
good stock.
Cons
long hours, terrible managers, poor working conditions, sexism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K