The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Fun place to work (Homesense)
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire17 August 2018
Being a young member of staff I worked with many other people my age which made shifts go by a lot faster than at other places I have worked. They were also enjoyable. The role itself includes maintaining the store, serving customers and flowing stock out after a delivery (6 days a week). It was definitely the best job I've had and I only left to focus on my studies. It is also a rewarding job in that when you do a good job they will let you know. There's definitely opportunities to progress within the company and I feel they do emphasise this. The hardest part of the job was doing repetitive tasks, e.g. you will maintain an area and then have to keep going back to it again and again which can get boring. Around Christmas and any holiday period it also gets busy which can be challenging. But overall the company is very good to work for, I would recommend it. You also have a lot of input into any changes you would recommend for the store and I feel your opinions are valued. The team are all very friendly and I still have strong friendships with those I used to work despite leaving early this year. Personally I would recommend working at Homesense and I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
The pay, opportunities to progress within the company, work-life balance, good hours, variety of contracts available, feedback encouraged and listened to.
Cons
Repetitive tasks.
Good salary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leicester9 August 2018
good place where to work, good opportunities, have a chance to learn new skills, easy to adapt, everyone are supporting each other, time is running really fast.
Great team atmosphere!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gloucestershire1 August 2018
Mostly younger staff, with incentives to help or serve people.

Award system in place for good customer reviews and friendly competition.

Downside is if you get stuck on one department and you are penalised for not achieving your wow's due to low customer interaction.

Some jobs are more labour intensive than others and staff are liable to stand and chat.
Pros
Treats and awards and vouchers as an incentive.
Cons
Management can be lacking due to the 'fun and friendly' nature.
Fantastic workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen2 July 2018
Great place to work. Fast paced, friendly environment with many benefits. Great pay, especially for those coming out of school/younger than 21. No real complaints.
Pros
Good hours and pay
Cons
None!
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southampton1 July 2018
Management look after you, salary is great and the job is enjoyable. The team is full of like minded individuals which makes the team an enjoyable team to be apart of.
Great pay
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London18 June 2018
Very good company to work for- great pay and great people to work with
Relaxed atmosphere!
Management is wobbly- some managers are great people whereas the others aren't so much
Very helpful and adaptable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Leigh, Lancashire5 June 2018
made transferring between stores during term time/school holidays very easy whilst I was at university. are very good at working around uni timetables and exams. good at helping you change shifts if you cant do it.
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex6 May 2018
I worked during Christmas hours therefore it was very busy all the time so I was always doing something. I would work either at the tills or on the store floor. I learned how to use the tills and how to stock up items in the right places. I also learned how to communicate to customers and other staff.
The management was very good, the team leaders were really helpful when I was sometimes stuck on what to do. The workplace culture is great.

The hardest part of the job was the hours I did during Christmas as they were long and busy.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people around me and the managers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks
Good place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire1 May 2018
Good wage for retail, management not always the best but not a bad first place to work if you are younger. A lot higher wage than the average retail shop
exciting job with perk, benefits and rewards
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire30 March 2018
The working environment is excellent, there is teamwork and always different opportunity skills to learn. There are rewards, such as certificates for excellency in customer service, strongly taking part in charities and any other ideas that helps the store. Management set up daily briefs and monthly meetings that keeps everything up to date and what plans are expected in the near future. Thus, all workers are kept on their toes and improving on their daily activities and on their job roles.
Pros
all staffs are looked after
Cons
not enough hours, mostly part time
Overall okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  BD21 3NJ10 March 2018
i learned alot of new skills at TKMaxx, and good training was given on the introduction days. However, there seemed to be different types of managing styles and alot of staff left initially which meant we were understaffed.
Cons
no leeway alongside studies or extra curricular activities
Not bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London6 March 2018
It's not a bad place to work.
Pay rate is average and people are nice.

Because they sell cheaper products it feels like the store is on sale all the time. So it's always busy.
didn't enjoy time here
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth28 January 2018
Lack of organisation and the managers talk to you like dirt and make you feel down about entering the workplace constantly talking down to you and trying to make you fell belittled! really did not enjoy my time at TKMAXX
Pros
Meet nice customers
Cons
Poor management
racial issues
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Balham, Greater London28 January 2018
I felt uncomfortable and targeted in this work but due to financial difficulties I placed the issues aside and continued working. would never work for TK maxx again unfortunately
Pros
money
Cons
unfair distribution of work
Fun wokplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  High Street Kensington Station27 January 2018
I liked working there.
The company thinks about it's staff with its discount
works with them to help maintain their work environment
The customers love it as you can find a bargain
Pros
Customers
Least rewarding and enjoyable place to work..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Midlands21 January 2018
Within my time working for TKMaxx I found the hours were shocking and the management was extremely poor, the treatment of staff was appalling and the workplace atmosphere was very stressed and uncomfortable. However if you want to progress within retail sales, working for TKMaxx will further your knowledge of brands, discounts, and stock.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ayr18 January 2018
I had a seasonal contract within the company and found my time here to be enjoyable. The team I worked with were so helpful and didn't hesitate if you ever had a question or were stuck with something. You were always kept busy there was never a point where you be stuck doing nothing. Would 100% return to this workplace if I had the chance.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bangor, Gwynedd16 January 2018
A great place to work, good training provided, staff discount and career progression available. Great pay with yearly increments. A fast paced, engaging place to work!
Pros
Staff discount
Management needs a bit of work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, UK30 November 2017
Working at TK was often stressful when the teams weren't working together but overall ok. The management didn't seem to communicate amongst each other and that was often apparent when we would ask different management members the same questions and receive difference answers.
But everyone was friendly enough, and it was a good part time job with flexibility.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Short breaks, poor management at times
Excellent Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire24 November 2017
I loved working here everyone is so friendly and helpful managers are good there always on hand to help you when needed, always fun to work with everyone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K