The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shropshire13 May 2018
I love my job at tkmaxx, I originally applied for the job many moons ago and didn't get it but applied again and got the job. I lack in confidence in myself but they will throw you into the deep end to help to build your confidence up.
I normally hang out in the fitting rooms or frontline and sometime maintaining the shop floor.
They take on all types of people they don't discrinmate against disabilities but they will put that into consideration when deciding which area you best suited which is why I hang out in fitting rooms or frontline.
The staff are great they willing to help out whenever possible and they wanting you to learn, some teaches in the art of tough love but sometimes it has to be that way.
Management are great or at least in my store they are, like all places they have there good and bad moments but overall they are great.
The pay is great too, some weeks you will get loads of extra overtime and others you get your contracted hours, since I been there I have had overtime, there extra overtime on too of the overtime you get. I find 4 hour shifts are great but can be too short but when you can get longer shifts then it just right.
They encourage you to get a 'wow' which is customer feedback and when your name included you get a 'wow' off managent and it goes on the wall in the back.
The only downside is you hsvr to have patience of a saint with the amount of rude customers that comes through the doors, especially in fitting rooms as they chuck everything at you.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Rude customers
busy but can be very slow
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands6 May 2018
it was a good place to work that tought me a lot about customer service and how to work effeiciently as part of a team, along with skills like how to use a cash register.
Pros
kept busy
Cons
not very stimulating
welcoming
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead1 May 2018
Tk maxx made my time very enjoyable as the staff are very professional but also very welcoming and take their job seriously which is passed down by the great management.
TkMaxx
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayes28 April 2018
Various of different responsibilities throughout the day.

Quite a rushed fast run company as they thrive on getting a lot done, this can however cause stress at times.
Cons
Stressful, Salary
good work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford11 April 2018
Typical day is to just serve customers and replenish stock
I learn that how to deal with all types of customers and transaction is very busy environment.
Management were helpful most of the time
The culture with late teens and most people were very nice
Hardest part of the job were the hours, either very late nights or very early mornings
Most enjoyable part with the pay and the discount.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
management
Productivity
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham18 March 2018
I enjoy working at tk maxx. Iv been there three years and have learnt a lot. I have learnt a lot about jewelry as they had me trained to work on the jewelry counter. That is the part i enjoy the most. The hardest part of job i would say is the fitting rooms due to the fact that it can be very fast pace however i wouldn't class it a hard, i would say its challenging.
Unproductive and boring workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilford10 March 2018
A typical day at work would include clocking in and sorting out the stock, while customers would throw everything they could touch on the floor.
I learnt about the importance of health and safety at work.
The management were organised but did not care.
The workplace culture was focused on taking lunch breaks as soon as possible.
The hardest part of the job was respecting customers.
The easiest part of the job was organising the stock.
Pros
Location was extremely close to home
Flexible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brixton, Greater London6 March 2018
I really enjoyed it and it was great working there as the environment was very friendly and was like one family. Furthermore management were very friendly towards me
Pros
pay
Frustrating and Uncooperative Working Environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset28 February 2018
A typical day at work would consist of not being briefed upon arrival, which one would argue is necessary in order to begin a shift, then a series of instructions on tasks that need completing which are received by multiple members of the management team in a disorderly fashion whereby no single instruction or objective corresponds with that of another member of management. This is a consistent issue in the everyday workplace at this company, and causes confusion and distress among associates on the shop floor as there is uncertainty on where associates are stationed, what tasks need completing and what deadlines are to be met. Furthermore, there has been much dispute between the management and the associates regarding hours (availability). It would seem that some members of management do not comply with the availability of many associates and disregard any reasonable requests for days off, shift swaps or less/more hours. An example of this is when an associate's request for a minor amendment to their availability was verbally accepted by members of management, but then not put into practice in the follow-up, despite being asked persistently and to consider their circumstances. On top of that, the job itself is repetitive, dull and tedious, while the working environment is tense and irritable. Overall, there is a lack of basic communication between the management which, in turn, creates misunderstandings and hence strained relationships in the workplace. There is not a great deal of respect for much of the management coming from an associate's viewpoint and there is a collective  more... distaste from the associates concerning various unacceptable actions, behavior and approaches of some of the superior members of management.  less
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Inflexible, long hours, repetitive, unrewarding
productive
Sales Assistant / processor (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands5 February 2018
 My current position in TKmaxx is supporting the stores operations with delivery and ensuring that all Stock Keeping Units (SKU's) are processed in a set time frame DFF (DOOR TO FLOOR IN FOUR), bring in delivery and process the stock within a time frame depending on the amount of pallets..
Reviewing, analyzing and improving operational process, resulting in improved productivity by time and delivery to products to the shop floor DFF (DOOR TO FLOOR IN FOUR)

It is a hard work fast pace. good to learn new skills when management changes few times in a year.
Pros
good holidays
Great for a Part-time job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen4 February 2018
TK Maxx is a fantastic place to work if you're a student. I was a student for three years while I was here and it was brilliant. you can have a laugh and you really enjoy your shifts.
Made ends meet
TK Maxx Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire4 February 2018
My typical day at work included working on the tills as a cashier serving customers, doing returns and maintenance on the shop floor. Good place to work to gain extra bit of cash whilst studying.
Great
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  merry hill brierley hill2 February 2018
Working for TKMaxx was very good and a learning experience. The salary was at a good amount, the managers were very helpful and calm. Loved it. A normal day at work was normal but towards Christmas it could get very busy and hectic, but the managers and the place was very helpful as they would help you with whatever was needed.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside1 February 2018
Repetitive days at work, great workplace culture, demanding job role, constant room for improvement, learnt an alternative model to retailing, great ties with charity
Nice people surrounding you, lots of support.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire28 January 2018
You turn up everyone says "Hello" and you are treated with respect by every level of management and staff. It is a good place to work, advancement is not very often spoken about. The hardest part of the job is the boredom as your mind wonders and it is very hard to stay focused. The most enjoyable part is being around such a positive workforce.
Pros
Good hourly salary.
Cons
4 hour shifts mean you have to work more separate days.
Nice team to work with
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire25 January 2018
Nice environment to work in, usually overtime available, learn many skills from the job and there’s always a way to climb the ladder and work yourself up to new roles
Pros
Annual leave
Cons
Contract hours
Good work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London25 January 2018
- Great pay -> the pay is above average
- Hard work - > your required to multitask and complete several task quickly
- Good Staff -> most of staff were generally nicehowver some were lazy
- Overall great work environment
- fast pace work environment
fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newtownards, County Down16 January 2018
a day within Tk Maxx is all about learning no day is the same, staff are friendly and you get the chance to move up within the company through the associate development programme etc. nothing is too hard to do, very easy relaxed place to work
Pros
great staff
Terrifiic Place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elgin13 January 2018
As this was my first proper job I found it an amazing place to work filled with lovely people and great support. I was extremely sad that there weren't enough hours to continue working there. Fantastic company.
Pros
Extremely efficient company
Cons
Varying hours
sales assistant
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire11 January 2018
around the christmas period it was very busy but i really enjoyed being on my toes. I learnt that every customer is different and has different needs. management was good occasionally. my favourite part of the job was the staff, they were so lovely and welcoming.
Pros
the staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K