The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hayes2 August 2018
Cashiering and maintenance of shop floor in high standard.
Managing and processing stock on the shop floor.
Offering and delivering high standard customer service.
Brilliant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter30 July 2018
I loved working here I had a lot of fun learning new skills and putting existing Ines to the test in an environment that was completely new to me. I enjoyed working here a lot it's just a shame I was only Christmas temporary staff.
Pros
Discount, decent hours
Cons
Breaks
Busy work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wandsworth, Greater London1 July 2018
Okay place to work out, tedious and boring jobs. Lack of enjoyment between employees. Get tired of working there, as well colleagues were a little odd.
Pros
Good work location
Cons
Boring shifts
busy and engaging
Christmas Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford26 June 2018
a typical shift included helping customers, working on a till and tidying up the shop. the managers were helpful and always working around the shop floor.
Off price
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guildford13 June 2018
I am working at Tk Max Guildford part time ( more than 2 years).
Every day is similar, great team to work, hard work many hours in stand up.
I learned to work with people of different cultures, it was difficult in the star but then is very rich.
The most enjoyable part of my work in the fitting rooms is to meet new people every day and can help in the customer service.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Fast working environment, Staff discount, Supportive Manager.
Cons
Not getting enough hours to work.
enjoyable experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisham13 June 2018
I liked working at the tills as i found it an enjoyable experience because i would get to talk to all the customers and make their experience shopping in TK Maxx enjoyable.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
long time on your feet
fun
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire5 June 2018
nice place to work, fun and always happy. always someone to go to if I was ever stuck very understanding management. loved working here! good for young school leavers wanting to progress in retail
an ok work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire4 June 2018
I enjoyed my time with TJX as there was always something new to do, One day I could be on the tills the next I could be working in the stock room this was good as it would always keep me on my feet and I would always be busy
great place to work
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 June 2018
Working at TKMAXX, was an invaluable experience , working with young and old alike. Staff and management always worked well together , and i always felt part of a team.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
can't think of any
Fun, inviting workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield23 May 2018
TKMaxx is definitely a great workplace. The hourly wage is very competitive, and there is a variety of different tasks to undertake while working there. I have become more confident working there because I am constantly talking to new customers, and my attention to detail had improved through constant maintenance of the shop floor. The working hours given aren't brilliant - if you are in need of extra hours you are not guaranteed them at all.
Pros
Great wage
Cons
Once you're trained in the handful of different tasks, working at TKMaxx gets repetitive and maybe even dull
fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire16 May 2018
serve customers at the tills and put out new sock in the mornings after delivery. Tidy up the your given department during shift while serving customers if need help.
Pros
good wages
Cons
hardly any benefits
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shropshire13 May 2018
I love my job at tkmaxx, I originally applied for the job many moons ago and didn't get it but applied again and got the job. I lack in confidence in myself but they will throw you into the deep end to help to build your confidence up.
I normally hang out in the fitting rooms or frontline and sometime maintaining the shop floor.
They take on all types of people they don't discrinmate against disabilities but they will put that into consideration when deciding which area you best suited which is why I hang out in fitting rooms or frontline.
The staff are great they willing to help out whenever possible and they wanting you to learn, some teaches in the art of tough love but sometimes it has to be that way.
Management are great or at least in my store they are, like all places they have there good and bad moments but overall they are great.
The pay is great too, some weeks you will get loads of extra overtime and others you get your contracted hours, since I been there I have had overtime, there extra overtime on too of the overtime you get. I find 4 hour shifts are great but can be too short but when you can get longer shifts then it just right.
They encourage you to get a 'wow' which is customer feedback and when your name included you get a 'wow' off managent and it goes on the wall in the back.
The only downside is you hsvr to have patience of a saint with the amount of rude customers that comes through the doors, especially in fitting rooms as they chuck everything at you.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Rude customers
busy but can be very slow
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands6 May 2018
it was a good place to work that tought me a lot about customer service and how to work effeiciently as part of a team, along with skills like how to use a cash register.
Pros
kept busy
Cons
not very stimulating
welcoming
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead1 May 2018
Tk maxx made my time very enjoyable as the staff are very professional but also very welcoming and take their job seriously which is passed down by the great management.
TkMaxx
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayes28 April 2018
Various of different responsibilities throughout the day.

Quite a rushed fast run company as they thrive on getting a lot done, this can however cause stress at times.
Cons
Stressful, Salary
good work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford11 April 2018
Typical day is to just serve customers and replenish stock
I learn that how to deal with all types of customers and transaction is very busy environment.
Management were helpful most of the time
The culture with late teens and most people were very nice
Hardest part of the job were the hours, either very late nights or very early mornings
Most enjoyable part with the pay and the discount.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
management
Productivity
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham18 March 2018
I enjoy working at tk maxx. Iv been there three years and have learnt a lot. I have learnt a lot about jewelry as they had me trained to work on the jewelry counter. That is the part i enjoy the most. The hardest part of job i would say is the fitting rooms due to the fact that it can be very fast pace however i wouldn't class it a hard, i would say its challenging.
Unproductive and boring workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilford10 March 2018
A typical day at work would include clocking in and sorting out the stock, while customers would throw everything they could touch on the floor.
I learnt about the importance of health and safety at work.
The management were organised but did not care.
The workplace culture was focused on taking lunch breaks as soon as possible.
The hardest part of the job was respecting customers.
The easiest part of the job was organising the stock.
Pros
Location was extremely close to home
Flexible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brixton, Greater London6 March 2018
I really enjoyed it and it was great working there as the environment was very friendly and was like one family. Furthermore management were very friendly towards me
Pros
pay
Frustrating and Uncooperative Working Environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset28 February 2018
A typical day at work would consist of not being briefed upon arrival, which one would argue is necessary in order to begin a shift, then a series of instructions on tasks that need completing which are received by multiple members of the management team in a disorderly fashion whereby no single instruction or objective corresponds with that of another member of management. This is a consistent issue in the everyday workplace at this company, and causes confusion and distress among associates on the shop floor as there is uncertainty on where associates are stationed, what tasks need completing and what deadlines are to be met. Furthermore, there has been much dispute between the management and the associates regarding hours (availability). It would seem that some members of management do not comply with the availability of many associates and disregard any reasonable requests for days off, shift swaps or less/more hours. An example of this is when an associate's request for a minor amendment to their availability was verbally accepted by members of management, but then not put into practice in the follow-up, despite being asked persistently and to consider their circumstances. On top of that, the job itself is repetitive, dull and tedious, while the working environment is tense and irritable. Overall, there is a lack of basic communication between the management which, in turn, creates misunderstandings and hence strained relationships in the workplace. There is not a great deal of respect for much of the management coming from an associate's viewpoint and there is a collective  more... distaste from the associates concerning various unacceptable actions, behavior and approaches of some of the superior members of management.  less
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Inflexible, long hours, repetitive, unrewarding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K