The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Great for a Part-time job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen4 February 2018
TK Maxx is a fantastic place to work if you're a student. I was a student for three years while I was here and it was brilliant. you can have a laugh and you really enjoy your shifts.
Made ends meet
TK Maxx Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire4 February 2018
My typical day at work included working on the tills as a cashier serving customers, doing returns and maintenance on the shop floor. Good place to work to gain extra bit of cash whilst studying.
Great
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  merry hill brierley hill2 February 2018
Working for TKMaxx was very good and a learning experience. The salary was at a good amount, the managers were very helpful and calm. Loved it. A normal day at work was normal but towards Christmas it could get very busy and hectic, but the managers and the place was very helpful as they would help you with whatever was needed.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside1 February 2018
Repetitive days at work, great workplace culture, demanding job role, constant room for improvement, learnt an alternative model to retailing, great ties with charity
Nice people surrounding you, lots of support.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire28 January 2018
You turn up everyone says "Hello" and you are treated with respect by every level of management and staff. It is a good place to work, advancement is not very often spoken about. The hardest part of the job is the boredom as your mind wonders and it is very hard to stay focused. The most enjoyable part is being around such a positive workforce.
Pros
Good hourly salary.
Cons
4 hour shifts mean you have to work more separate days.
Nice team to work with
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire25 January 2018
Nice environment to work in, usually overtime available, learn many skills from the job and there’s always a way to climb the ladder and work yourself up to new roles
Pros
Annual leave
Cons
Contract hours
Good work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London25 January 2018
- Great pay -> the pay is above average
- Hard work - > your required to multitask and complete several task quickly
- Good Staff -> most of staff were generally nicehowver some were lazy
- Overall great work environment
- fast pace work environment
fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newtownards, County Down16 January 2018
a day within Tk Maxx is all about learning no day is the same, staff are friendly and you get the chance to move up within the company through the associate development programme etc. nothing is too hard to do, very easy relaxed place to work
Pros
great staff
Terrifiic Place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elgin13 January 2018
As this was my first proper job I found it an amazing place to work filled with lovely people and great support. I was extremely sad that there weren't enough hours to continue working there. Fantastic company.
Pros
Extremely efficient company
Cons
Varying hours
sales assistant
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire11 January 2018
around the christmas period it was very busy but i really enjoyed being on my toes. I learnt that every customer is different and has different needs. management was good occasionally. my favourite part of the job was the staff, they were so lovely and welcoming.
Pros
the staff

Want to know more about The TJX Companies, Inc.?

Ask a question
hard work, minimal pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coleraine, County Londonderry11 January 2018
Hard grafting, they dont give clear instructions to work off, so you mostly have to use your initiative, very hands on job, not for anyone who is lazy
Pros
10% discount
Cons
no social life
Tk maxx
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire11 January 2018
My typical day at work included working on the tills as a cashier serving customers and doing returns. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving polite customers.
Pros
The pay rate
Cons
short hours
Friendly but too much with college
Sales Assistant, TK Maxx (Former Employee) –  England10 January 2018
I was assigned an 8 hour a week contract but would regularly be told to work 16 hours despite saying I could not do this.
The people were friendly and the work was fun
Fun workplace, always kept busy
Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh8 January 2018
Thoroughly enjoyable experience, colleagues all very friendly and helpful when I started. Found it easy to pick up all the skills I needed to carry out my tasks in the store. Managers were very helpful and always around to offer help and feedback.
Nice Place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset27 December 2017
Nice to work there if you are use to retail work, benefits and job allows room for promotions. Friendly staff and safe place to leave your belongings.
Pros
Good starting salary
Good College work Experiance
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire15 December 2017
I worked there during my time at college
and they were very felixble and willing to help.
The scedule fit in well with my studies.
Friendly staff and working atmosphere.
Productive and fast paced
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Craigavon, County Armagh27 November 2017
Working within the retail store enabled me to push myself outside my comfort zone by undertaking various work within a pressurised environment. The work was rewarding and enabled me to gain increased confidence.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Very nice place to work in
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley22 November 2017
I enjoyed working there very much just because I got to speak to people face to face and provide them with the necessary help they would need,I also like working with the people there friendly group of people.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
Early morning hours...6am
A lot of hours
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands17 November 2017
Be prepared to work all weekend. It is a good company to work for however it is a alot of work. Difficult to get weekends off but good friendly staff environment
Productive and fun place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire15 November 2017
TKMaxx is a busy shop especially in Christmas time .I love to work in a busy working environment. They have so much work task to learn. I love challenging and enjoy working in it.I work part time there in nearly ten years . The shame is not giving full time hours to associate except team leader or managers.At the moment, I want to find a new job in purpose to work full time or probably another part time job.
Pros
Good wages rate and gift card for rewards
Cons
Can’t give more hours to associate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K