The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Found 240 reviews matching the search See all 5,077 reviews
worst place I've ever worked
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff18 October 2018
The most awful, inhumane, exhausting, pushy job you could ever come across. The managers expect you to do multiple things at once and you're not allowed to even smile at other employees without being punished for 'not staying focused.' I felt like a robot for my entire two years working there. I was brought to tears multiple times. We never got out on time as a team, they would never ask you to stay behind, they just wouldn't let you out until everyone else's jobs were complete. Whenever you would do a good job, you'd get no praise but if you did something slightly wrong, they loved to punish you. Awful. I will never look back.
Pros
requested days off
Cons
inhumane
High pressure
Sales Assistant/Rising Star (Current Employee) –  Walsall30 August 2018
Could be a great place to work but "business culture" gets lost and daily life just becomes about delivering a number. The Team Leader (Lead Associate) role is more responsibility and stress than you get paid for.

Some great people mixed in there with the bad.
Pros
work life balance, some nice extras and bonuses.
Cons
pressure takes over, result becomes the only factor
Tk maxx
"SALES ASSISTANT" (Former Employee) –  Reading29 August 2018
The management try best to accommodate staff and understand somethings come before work.
Great salary.
The team members are wonderful.
Good atmosphere.
Staff discount.
Really good atmosphere and didn’t want to leave but had to go for personal reasons.
Pay good but not enough hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire31 August 2018
I worked at tk maxx for about a year and at first it was alright because it was around christmas time so you was always busy but as soon as christmas finished, the management at the store just went downhill.
The reason I left here was because of how awful the management were, I had enough and couldn’t take it anymore and the hours are atrocious. They never give out any extra hours now and you feel like you can’t even speak to the managers about anything because they’re so rude. Couldn’t be happier to leave that place and never want to work in retail again because of that place.
Pros
Hourly rate
Unproductive and boring workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilford10 March 2018
A typical day at work would include clocking in and sorting out the stock, while customers would throw everything they could touch on the floor.
I learnt about the importance of health and safety at work.
The management were organised but did not care.
The workplace culture was focused on taking lunch breaks as soon as possible.
The hardest part of the job was respecting customers.
The easiest part of the job was organising the stock.
Pros
Location was extremely close to home
Fast working/hard but enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire25 October 2018
Great company to start working for, good pay wage. Can be very long hours and very demanding at times, especially Christmas. Can be flexible if they have enough staff at the time.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Fast working
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cribbs Causeway, Bristol29 October 2018
Good company to work for. Management and staff pleasant.
I Learnt new skills that I find useful in everyday.
The hardest part was dealing with the peak busy periods.
Nice people surrounding you, lots of support.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire28 January 2018
You turn up everyone says "Hello" and you are treated with respect by every level of management and staff. It is a good place to work, advancement is not very often spoken about. The hardest part of the job is the boredom as your mind wonders and it is very hard to stay focused. The most enjoyable part is being around such a positive workforce.
Pros
Good hourly salary.
Cons
4 hour shifts mean you have to work more separate days.
good work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford11 April 2018
Typical day is to just serve customers and replenish stock
I learn that how to deal with all types of customers and transaction is very busy environment.
Management were helpful most of the time
The culture with late teens and most people were very nice
Hardest part of the job were the hours, either very late nights or very early mornings
Most enjoyable part with the pay and the discount.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
management
I enjoyed the Job but the Management was poor.
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Coatbridge1 November 2018
The Job as a whole I enjoyed, it was a great place to work, always plenty to do, however the management was shockingly bad always belittling the staff.
Fun, inviting workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield23 May 2018
TKMaxx is definitely a great workplace. The hourly wage is very competitive, and there is a variety of different tasks to undertake while working there. I have become more confident working there because I am constantly talking to new customers, and my attention to detail had improved through constant maintenance of the shop floor. The working hours given aren't brilliant - if you are in need of extra hours you are not guaranteed them at all.
Pros
Great wage
Cons
Once you're trained in the handful of different tasks, working at TKMaxx gets repetitive and maybe even dull
Tkmaxx
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex1 November 2018
I have been working there for around 3 months now, there is bad management and you don't get recognized for all your efforts that you've been making..
Off price
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guildford13 June 2018
I am working at Tk Max Guildford part time ( more than 2 years).
Every day is similar, great team to work, hard work many hours in stand up.
I learned to work with people of different cultures, it was difficult in the star but then is very rich.
The most enjoyable part of my work in the fitting rooms is to meet new people every day and can help in the customer service.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Fast working environment, Staff discount, Supportive Manager.
Cons
Not getting enough hours to work.
whole mess
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London4 October 2018
this company is a joke .communication between colleagues and management in really bad.they favour people only they know very biased.everything is a mess
I’d definitely recommended but it is hard
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Merseyside3 November 2018
The pay is really good and you’re always busy ( good or bad for some ) but it makes the day go really fast, your days do vary depending on which management is in and how well you get on with the management. If they see that you are a hard worker you’re going to have a good time at work just make sure to be polite and respectful at all times and you’ll get it back, even if it takes a while - I think this can be difficult for older staff because sometimes the management is younger than them but you still have to see them as the ‘authoritive figure’ if you will. I’ve met some incredible people while working here, I think it is what you make it you need to make the best of each day. This job has taught me so much I wouldn’t change working for TK maxx for a second you will experience the worst customers and the busiest days, I advise all new staff to spend the first few months Learning how to do all the tasks efficiently because it will make your day 100x easier and you’ll be valued a lot more. As a company itself I think they need to take on more staff of different ages but I can see why younger people are more likely to apply and get further. It is a tough job and you will be tired a lot but you just have to stay positive. The ‘ wow ‘ feedback system is really benefitial because it means we do get some sort of reward for our hard work but sometimes the paper isn’t put up with the feedback we’ve gotten so I don’t know what’s been said I just know someone’s said something good. Last but not least once you’ve worked at TK max you can work for any retail company and the skills are  more... transferable.  less
Pros
Pay, meeting new people, loads of experience, busy, discount
Cons
Busy, very tiring, late shifts, communication can be lacking sometimes, rota gets put up exteremely late
Flexible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brixton, Greater London6 March 2018
I really enjoyed it and it was great working there as the environment was very friendly and was like one family. Furthermore management were very friendly towards me
Pros
pay
great place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  middlands14 November 2018
fast pace business, great team moral. every day is different, team leader share the duties out fairly and ensure all team members have a varied day. Team work is essential!
Pros
fast pace buissness
Cons
short notice rota change
Good Work Place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent20 November 2018
Good hours I was always able to get more when i needed extra money good quality stock and a good work expieriance and work place, enjoyed working here
great place to work
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 June 2018
Working at TKMAXX, was an invaluable experience , working with young and old alike. Staff and management always worked well together , and i always felt part of a team.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
can't think of any
good workplace
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Ipswich9 September 2018
tk maxx is a good company to work for you are always busy and there is always something to do, however I find it difficult to balance work and my children with the hours that can be given.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K