The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

whole mess
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London4 October 2018
this company is a joke .communication between colleagues and management in really bad.they favour people only they know very biased.everything is a mess
good workplace
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Ipswich9 September 2018
tk maxx is a good company to work for you are always busy and there is always something to do, however I find it difficult to balance work and my children with the hours that can be given.
Pay good but not enough hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire31 August 2018
I worked at tk maxx for about a year and at first it was alright because it was around christmas time so you was always busy but as soon as christmas finished, the management at the store just went downhill.
The reason I left here was because of how awful the management were, I had enough and couldn’t take it anymore and the hours are atrocious. They never give out any extra hours now and you feel like you can’t even speak to the managers about anything because they’re so rude. Couldn’t be happier to leave that place and never want to work in retail again because of that place.
Pros
Hourly rate
High pressure
Sales Assistant/Rising Star (Current Employee) –  Walsall30 August 2018
Could be a great place to work but "business culture" gets lost and daily life just becomes about delivering a number. The Team Leader (Lead Associate) role is more responsibility and stress than you get paid for.

Some great people mixed in there with the bad.
Pros
work life balance, some nice extras and bonuses.
Cons
pressure takes over, result becomes the only factor
Tk maxx
"SALES ASSISTANT" (Former Employee) –  Reading29 August 2018
The management try best to accommodate staff and understand somethings come before work.
Great salary.
The team members are wonderful.
Good atmosphere.
Staff discount.
Really good atmosphere and didn’t want to leave but had to go for personal reasons.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hayes2 August 2018
Cashiering and maintenance of shop floor in high standard.
Managing and processing stock on the shop floor.
Offering and delivering high standard customer service.
Brilliant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter30 July 2018
I loved working here I had a lot of fun learning new skills and putting existing Ines to the test in an environment that was completely new to me. I enjoyed working here a lot it's just a shame I was only Christmas temporary staff.
Pros
Discount, decent hours
Cons
Breaks
Badly Managed
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester27 July 2018
A lot off staff who i joined with no longer work there because it is badly run by managers. I would work most weekends and it was a nightmare to get time off work as you had to give them notice with at least 6 weeks.
Busy work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wandsworth, Greater London1 July 2018
Okay place to work out, tedious and boring jobs. Lack of enjoyment between employees. Get tired of working there, as well colleagues were a little odd.
Pros
Good work location
Cons
Boring shifts
busy and engaging
Christmas Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford26 June 2018
a typical shift included helping customers, working on a till and tidying up the shop. the managers were helpful and always working around the shop floor.
Off price
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guildford13 June 2018
I am working at Tk Max Guildford part time ( more than 2 years).
Every day is similar, great team to work, hard work many hours in stand up.
I learned to work with people of different cultures, it was difficult in the star but then is very rich.
The most enjoyable part of my work in the fitting rooms is to meet new people every day and can help in the customer service.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Fast working environment, Staff discount, Supportive Manager.
Cons
Not getting enough hours to work.
enjoyable experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisham13 June 2018
I liked working at the tills as i found it an enjoyable experience because i would get to talk to all the customers and make their experience shopping in TK Maxx enjoyable.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
long time on your feet
fun
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire5 June 2018
nice place to work, fun and always happy. always someone to go to if I was ever stuck very understanding management. loved working here! good for young school leavers wanting to progress in retail
an ok work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire4 June 2018
I enjoyed my time with TJX as there was always something new to do, One day I could be on the tills the next I could be working in the stock room this was good as it would always keep me on my feet and I would always be busy
great place to work
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 June 2018
Working at TKMAXX, was an invaluable experience , working with young and old alike. Staff and management always worked well together , and i always felt part of a team.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
can't think of any
Fun, inviting workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield23 May 2018
TKMaxx is definitely a great workplace. The hourly wage is very competitive, and there is a variety of different tasks to undertake while working there. I have become more confident working there because I am constantly talking to new customers, and my attention to detail had improved through constant maintenance of the shop floor. The working hours given aren't brilliant - if you are in need of extra hours you are not guaranteed them at all.
Pros
Great wage
Cons
Once you're trained in the handful of different tasks, working at TKMaxx gets repetitive and maybe even dull
fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire16 May 2018
serve customers at the tills and put out new sock in the mornings after delivery. Tidy up the your given department during shift while serving customers if need help.
Pros
good wages
Cons
hardly any benefits
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shropshire13 May 2018
I love my job at tkmaxx, I originally applied for the job many moons ago and didn't get it but applied again and got the job. I lack in confidence in myself but they will throw you into the deep end to help to build your confidence up.
I normally hang out in the fitting rooms or frontline and sometime maintaining the shop floor.
They take on all types of people they don't discrinmate against disabilities but they will put that into consideration when deciding which area you best suited which is why I hang out in fitting rooms or frontline.
The staff are great they willing to help out whenever possible and they wanting you to learn, some teaches in the art of tough love but sometimes it has to be that way.
Management are great or at least in my store they are, like all places they have there good and bad moments but overall they are great.
The pay is great too, some weeks you will get loads of extra overtime and others you get your contracted hours, since I been there I have had overtime, there extra overtime on too of the overtime you get. I find 4 hour shifts are great but can be too short but when you can get longer shifts then it just right.
They encourage you to get a 'wow' which is customer feedback and when your name included you get a 'wow' off managent and it goes on the wall in the back.
The only downside is you hsvr to have patience of a saint with the amount of rude customers that comes through the doors, especially in fitting rooms as they chuck everything at you.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Rude customers
busy but can be very slow
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands6 May 2018
it was a good place to work that tought me a lot about customer service and how to work effeiciently as part of a team, along with skills like how to use a cash register.
Pros
kept busy
Cons
not very stimulating
welcoming
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead1 May 2018
Tk maxx made my time very enjoyable as the staff are very professional but also very welcoming and take their job seriously which is passed down by the great management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K