The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 95 reviews matching the search See all 5,077 reviews
Retail Assistant.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 January 2019
Typically a 6-8 hour day, always busy with something to do. Enjoyed working with TKmaxx. Normally stress free, other than at Christmas which is to be expected in any retail shop. overall a good experience.
Tkmaxx overall a great place to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Harlow, chelmsford, braintree26 December 2018
Tkmaxx is a great place to work, one horrid manager who wasn’t supportive when I had my son but she’s left now. Worked in Harlow, Chelmsford & Braintree Tkmaxx. All very good stores to work for with amazing managers. 100% reccomend Braintree Tkmaxx - Store manager is kind, friendly & helpful with work/life balance and supports working parents!
Pros
mat pay for 6 months with £100% pay if working with the company for 2 years.
Cons
Late nights, night shifts, working all go Christmas.
Worst work place ever
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex30 November 2018
The managers were horrible, had no manners and just didn't care about you or how you were. there was no friendliness withing the company and i would advise anyone thinking of working their DON'T.
Good for retail
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harlow, Essex22 November 2018
Working here is nice because all of the staff get on and everyone knows and helps each other. Very welcoming. Typical day is usual retail tasks, tills and tidying mainly. Only downfall of this shop is that there are no consistent hours. I usually do four hours one day from 7 in the morning and 7 hours the next day working until 9pm. Management are very friendly and easy to talk to.
Pros
Good pay for retail. Nice people and company to work for.
Cons
Early/ late hours
I like what Iam doing.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne2 November 2018
A typical day of work : maintenans the store, put the tag,stay to the fitting room and till.
The easy part is when the store it`s busy.
So far I have not seen any hard side until now.
Productive and challenging
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Slough14 October 2018
Everyday is a different day. Helping customers and building up friendships is a very rewarding part of the job. Being able to work well in a team to achieve good standards and results is also very rewarding.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Long hours.
Ok place to work
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire18 September 2018
Typical retail job, pay is ok i guess. cant say their is really much of a culture but then again im too busy hitting time sensitive targets to give it any attention.
Brilliant staff
Retail associate (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh11 September 2018
Staff employed at TK Maxx are deliberately very friendly and willing to help out their teammates. Managers in my experience were very friendly, patient and especially hard-working, showing that they can lead from the front rather than merely delegate tasks to others.

While the work is relatively straightforward once you get to know it, there are days when it can become tedious and this is where the excellent work colleagues step in to make a day more bearable. There is no feisty. competitive side to these people, however many are still ambitious and driven.

The shop floor is usually busy, and you will be able to carry out a diverse range of jobs. Some days you may even be run off your feet, however the wage and company in general cannot be complained about compared to what I have heard in other retail jobs.

Overtime hours are paid at the normal rate, not an overtime rate (except for some hours of a nightshift) which I felt put many colleagues off the notion of offering to do overtime.

Overall, a very decent company to work for and I have generally enjoyed my five years here throughout university studies, meeting friends which I am sure I will retain for life.
Pros
Abundant paid holidays, wage per hour (compared to other retailers), friendly staff, usually always busy
Cons
Sometimes menial tasks, not paid extra for overtime
Robotic labour
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire5 September 2018
I personally didn't enjoy my time their it was only necessary due to renovations I partook in on my house, i needed something with little responsibility whilst I completed my tasks. I found hardwork was not looked upon with favour almost distain for lazier members including management.
Pros
Part time
Cons
Bad pay
Horrible and stressful
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Romford Town, Greater London3 September 2018
Staff are horrible and not welcoming to new people. They expect you to know how to work the tills with no experience and get annoyed when you ask for help.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else

Want to know more about The TJX Companies, Inc.?

Ask a question
Productive but difficult working area.
Section and Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford3 September 2018
My overall working experience has taught and shown me a lot to do with the job industry and made me understand how to work a business and how to work with people in a business. I have been taught whilst working in a big retail business how to manage stock, working at tills, working at customer services and being able to deal with tougher customers, dressing windows and features, putting stock onto the shop floor in relevant sections, and many more. My experience working at TKMAXX showed me I am a better person working as an individual rather than in a tem as I get things done better and am more concentrated in getting everything done, where as working in a team I did enjoy but many people I worked with were not as focused as me so I felt like I did all the work, however, if I worked with a productive team I would of felt a lot different. I felt like the hardest part of the job was the messing around of the schedule's as it changed a lot of the time and was not flexible at all, however, the workplace was full of happiness and everyone was lovely and kind. on the other hand the most enjoyable part of the job was working with amazing people and getting things done to how I wanted it to be and told to be as I always made sure I got everything done on time.
Pros
Amazing working atmosphere
Cons
Not flexible hours
Was really good
Christmas Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn8 June 2018
really liked working here, good staff to work with and excellent employee benefits. hardest part of the job was i literally worked straight weekends for 3 months but other than that really good
Pros
employee discount
Cons
long time on your feet
Amazing job
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  London10 May 2018
Amazing job with beautiful customers and friendly team.I learned a lot about my customer service, improved my english and also learned a lot about stock rooms, visual merchandising, being very patient and help people when they need it
Pros
Associate disccount
Cons
not enough hours
Good Place, long hours
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester29 April 2018
Great working environment, staff act like a true team to help get through the day. Management see you as a person rather than a tool. Pay is pleasant compared to other retails
Incredible place to work
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire8 April 2018
Staff are all so friendly, great environment to work in and good pay. Enjoyable job, not like other retail jobs. TJX are also very eager for their staff to move up in the company and massively encourage it, which I thought was great.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne3 April 2018
My day would vary depending on what I would be on. I learned new skills like confidence and to be able to both approach and be approached by customers. All management were nice and friendly, with a goal to make all staff and customers satisfied. The hardest part of the job was the fact i was only a Christmas temporary so i didn't know if i was staying on. The most enjoyable part was helping the customers and making sure they were happy too.
Pros
The staff are very friendly.
Cons
Messy customers.
n/a
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  stoke5 March 2018
ros
Stable growing business
Fast pace, everyday can be different
Challenging
Cons
Working with some very huge EGOS
Very long tiring days, work doesn’t stop even when you get home.
Payroll restrictions making the day to day difficult.
District managers who Micro Manage. Can be very demotivating.
Cultures and values that aren’t delivered by higher management yet it’s drilled into teams at store level.
DM’s making changes to policy, which are not in the employee handbook.
It was alright
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees22 January 2018
Working for TK MAXX was fun at the start but as soon as they dont like you they dont bother moving you about even though you ask multiple times. The managers get the holidays you ask for wrong and make you work shifts you can not work. They pay everyone differently even if you work the same shifts and as soon as you say anything about health problems they just dont care.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
nobody listens to you, Colleagues are mean when you are not there
Ideal place to work at
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 January 2018
The place is very nice to work at. Although there is only a minimum wage, managers and team leaders are helpful and the team is very friendly. I strongly recommend this place of work
Kept me occupied
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex22 September 2017
I like the fact that TK Maxx as a company took me on for the position for floor assistant but I only got given 8 hours a week. However near enough all of the staff were wonderful to speak to and they gave me the correct training I needed to pursue retail.

I found it difficult at first as I was a lot younger both physically and mentally but after one of the staff named Kat kindly invited me round her house for hours of tutorials, I came back a lot more confident and ready to work.
Pros
The support
Cons
Lack of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K