The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews for Associate

its ok...
Associate (Former Employee) –  Stafford9 April 2018
wages are good but hours can be really long, shift patterns are everywhere, a lot of staff but still never seems to be enough to cover the store. all the staff seem to be so unhappy.
Fun and busy
Associate (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey15 February 2018
I worked here for a short amount of time, as I worked here I had an amazing time with the other staff. the work ethic was amazing and mostly everybody liked working there and was motivated, the job itself was an average job and sometimes it would drag a little bit but the day would usually go quite quickly. If you are looking to apply for this job get ready for a packed day with amazing and funny staff working around you. I miss this job and wish I never quit personally.
Productive workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  High Street Kensington Station25 January 2018
I'm a regular associate who serves customers, work and help customers on the shop floor and work on the jewellery counter. I've learnt excellent customer service skills and the staff are friendly. The management can be unprofessional at times and a bit rude. Hardest part of the job could be dealing with difficult customers. Enjoyable part of the job is getting along with the colleagues.
Pros
Parties, events, charity work
Great workplace
TK Maxx/ Associate (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire20 January 2018
I really enjoyed working for company, very friendly colleagues and managers. Great work environment. Managers are helpful with working hours or holidays.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
Christmas Staff
Associate (Former Employee) –  Weymouth7 January 2018
Full training given and a fast work pace. I very much enjoyed my short time working for TKK MAXX. Plenty of quality items across the store and always a fab price.
Pros
Quality Designer Clothes & Staff Discount
fun work place .
Associate (Former Employee) –  London Colney, Hertfordshire3 January 2018
all associates were like a family.learnt alot of new things such as how to approach suspicious customers,keeping everything at the store perfect and tidy.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
far
enjoyable work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire29 December 2017
This job gave me many skills that i have been able to apply to other jobs, you work as part of a team and there is a good level of communication within the team. Also as it is a retail company you have to have good people skills to work with all kinds of people who are part of the general public.
typical day
Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochdale22 November 2017
very reparative. 4 hour was average hours for a shift. very boring. uniform was very plain and was hard to stock or put stock in its place as the products in the store wasn't the same.
Pros
25% off
Cons
short hours
Very Good
Associate (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex3 November 2017
Good Place to work, lots of benefits. All caring staff. Typical day would be maintaining the floor and helping customers. Management is very good, hardest part of the job would be the busiest days.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxford25 October 2017
This was my first job from when I left school and so it was my first taste of work life. It was a normal job and the hours were fine and they fit in with my school schedule.

Want to know more about The TJX Companies, Inc.?

Ask a question
good work place
Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket18 October 2017
working here as my first job is a great part time job for me while i am not at college as the pay is good, the team is friendly and hard working so it is a comfortable working environment
Productive and faced paced
Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire9 October 2017
It is a very fast paced and intensive place to work but it is also very fun. The management know what they are doing and always take time to help you and look after you.
a good workplace badly managed
Associate (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent26 September 2017
The people are lovely
The pay is excellent
If you have a good manager you will go far

The structure of the workplace is good and you will generally feel welcomed
It's a really fun and quite simple place to work
Ireland - Associate (Former Employee) –  County Cork21 September 2017
While the hours aren't that great, the pay is good, and so is the management. The culture can feel a bit forced but you can genuinely form long lasting friendships while working here.
Pros
Friendly work environment, good pay.
Cons
Not enough hours, too many breaks.
Fun work place very busy
Associate (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Enfield, Greater London14 July 2017
A great job fast paced and never dull, always something going on. Hardest part of the day was the closing time as we had to put all the hangers into boxes and put them on top of each other and it was really heavy. The good thing about the job was that we had management functions so we could always get rid of a mistake if needed without calling a manager.
Good job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands2 June 2017
Good job, but you need working very quickly. Some times is very hard and heavy work. During 9 hours working time you have only one break to lunch. Great people.
Varied, busy
Colleague (Former Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex31 May 2017
Very busy store with a constantly changing stock of major brand names for a fraction of the original price.

Staff and Management have to be on the ball, with such a variety of stock and no company barcode this could cause problems on returns "did we sell this?" and the occasional missing price label caused delays at the till as prices were checked.

The phrase 'buy now, because once it's gone it's gone' is very apt, once customers understood the store and that it was no use asking if we were getting any more stock they stopped leaving disappointed and left delighted that they had scooped such a bargain or found by chance that perfect item.

Some stores are not happy that they have to take returns from online or another stores purchases, we saw it as more stock for us to sell.
Pros
Staff discount on major brand name items
Cons
Missing price labels, staff have to compare to something similar
Busy, get satisfaction from your work
Part-time associate (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol29 May 2017
Very busy especially during holidays/weekends. You have to be very fast at keeping your section tidy. Using initiative comes in handy, e.g. picking up stuff from another department, restocking your department etc. Very satisfying and rewarding to know that you have helped a customer find something. You can be given the opportunity to assist in training new associates in your department, so develops leadership skills and teamwork skills.
Pros
Friendly staff, very satisfying
Cons
lenght of shifts can vary greatly
great
Costumer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 May 2017
i had a great experience working for the safe hands logistics group as a delivery boy. i gained knowledge of the roads and great customer services from my time with them
my day at work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire16 April 2017
my typical day varies from day to day no two days are the same but every day is challenging meeting targets to the highest standards keeping customers in mind all the time .working to all health and safety rules and making sure our own ppe is worn at all times making my work place safe for me and others round me .some days i may be supporting my managers help run the department by ensuring targets are met by other associates making sure everyone has work and everyone is scanned onto their work .the hardest part of the job is trying to meet oph targets on challenging stock and the enjoyable part is working with people from different backgrounds and finding out about there cultures .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K