The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews for Associate

Treat you like dirt
Associate (Former Employee) –  Blackpool4 October 2018
Big company with little regard for the welfare of its staff. I was bleeding in work and then got told if i leave to go to hospital I would face disciplinary action on my return.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Treatment of staff
Great for young people
Associate (Current Employee) –  Shropshire23 August 2018
Good for someone after a contract with over time and in need of a good wage. A typical day would involve, Registers, Maintenance, fitting rooms and putting out stock at the end of the day.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Frustrating customers
Competitive respectable place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire18 July 2018
Tjk UK was the best thing happened to me. Got pretty cool colleagues and friends in TK Maxx. It was a very supportive job. Competitive yet friendly environment. Very good pay.
Pros
Less days of shift with long hours
Cons
Compulsion of working on weekends
Productive and fun workplace.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Croydon7 July 2018
As this was my first time in employment, I feel that the work life in TX Maxx is very fun and fair. All new starters were given training and then reviewed regularly.
Lost & clueless
Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnley28 June 2018
The management are completely lost and unqualified, unaware and unable how to run and manage the place, ,the most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out.
I hated working there for the best part of 9 years & i can honestly say id rather have been homeless
Hard working keeping the shop floor tidy
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath, Greater London27 June 2018
It was very hard to keep up with what the customers were doing to the shop floor and it felt like I was picking up after children. They had no respect.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Clearing up
Bad management
Associate (Former Employee) –  union square17 June 2018
Bad management and you never get theme off when you ask for it in advance. You willl never finish at the time you believe you will and everyone is rude
Great employees, poor management
Associate (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke12 June 2018
The social aide of this job is great, but management is poor, hours are twisted and employees are used. But on the positive side the other people who work at Tk Maxx are great to be around and make the experience plausible.
Productive and fun work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield11 June 2018
Management are friendly and supportive.

Company pays well in relation to other retailers.

Met lots of lovely people in both management and associates.
Pros
Excellent progression opportunities
Cons
Varied shifts, hard to plan out of work.
my first job experience
associate (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire11 June 2018
i enjoyed working here because it was a new experience for me because i was working in a proper working environment. i liked working with the people and helping customers with their issues. i liked working at the tills as i found it an enjoyable experience because i would get to talk to all the customers and make their experience shopping in TKmaxx enjoyable.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
long hours while revising for exams
friendly environment
Assistant-TKMaxx, Farnborough Gate (Former Employee) –  Farnborough23 May 2018
The environment was very friendly. Team mates and managers were helpful and friendly. The pay and hours were great at the time of working. There was no shortage of tasks to handle. It was a good temporary job.
Very focused on only TK-Maxx and not their employees.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolton23 May 2018
Although the pay was very good and I enjoyed working with the other associates, working at TK-Maxx was not fun for me. They were always too focused on their company, forgetting that without treating employees well the shop will not run as efficiently. In terms of how they did this, firstly hours were given to use the week before sometimes a few days before a shift, which was completely annoying for planning anything other than working. If you were sick and ringing in, a particular manager, would make you feel like you should be working even if you are unwell which should not be the case. During busy seasons they gave me extra hours without asking and I couldnt get rid of the shifts even though I had lots of uni work.
Nice environment to work in
Associate (Current Employee) –  Epsom2 May 2018
The other associates are easy to work with, there is no atmosphere in the work place,the shop is always clean, it’s a well organised business and shop.
its ok...
Associate (Former Employee) –  Stafford9 April 2018
wages are good but hours can be really long, shift patterns are everywhere, a lot of staff but still never seems to be enough to cover the store. all the staff seem to be so unhappy.
Fun and busy
Associate (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey15 February 2018
I worked here for a short amount of time, as I worked here I had an amazing time with the other staff. the work ethic was amazing and mostly everybody liked working there and was motivated, the job itself was an average job and sometimes it would drag a little bit but the day would usually go quite quickly. If you are looking to apply for this job get ready for a packed day with amazing and funny staff working around you. I miss this job and wish I never quit personally.
Productive workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  High Street Kensington Station25 January 2018
I'm a regular associate who serves customers, work and help customers on the shop floor and work on the jewellery counter. I've learnt excellent customer service skills and the staff are friendly. The management can be unprofessional at times and a bit rude. Hardest part of the job could be dealing with difficult customers. Enjoyable part of the job is getting along with the colleagues.
Pros
Parties, events, charity work
Great workplace
TK Maxx/ Associate (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire20 January 2018
I really enjoyed working for company, very friendly colleagues and managers. Great work environment. Managers are helpful with working hours or holidays.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
Christmas Staff
Associate (Former Employee) –  Weymouth7 January 2018
Full training given and a fast work pace. I very much enjoyed my short time working for TKK MAXX. Plenty of quality items across the store and always a fab price.
Pros
Quality Designer Clothes & Staff Discount
fun work place .
Associate (Former Employee) –  London Colney, Hertfordshire3 January 2018
all associates were like a family.learnt alot of new things such as how to approach suspicious customers,keeping everything at the store perfect and tidy.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
far
enjoyable work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire29 December 2017
This job gave me many skills that i have been able to apply to other jobs, you work as part of a team and there is a good level of communication within the team. Also as it is a retail company you have to have good people skills to work with all kinds of people who are part of the general public.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K