The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in Watford

Productive work place
Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Watford21 May 2018
I play hard and work hard; being a team player I have learned the best way to manage targets, outcomes, expectation.
I have developed integrity and due care.
great workplace culture
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire3 March 2018
fun place to work with a great progression path. There is a lot of fun to be had as the company does a lot for charity so there is always something to get involved with.
Good salary and good culture
Support Analyst Level (Current Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire15 January 2018
Good salary and good culture
Management can be very open and honest
I get to work with people all day very friendly
People are willing to help
Good training opportunities
Pros
training opportunties
Cons
discount
Excellent équilibre vie privée vie professionnelle
Analyste (Current Employee) –  Watford14 January 2018
En centrale d'achat, les horaires quotidiennes sont 9h-17h permettant un équilibre de la vie pro/privée
Good office atmosphere
Bilingual Senior Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Watford, UK30 October 2017
The office had a very good atmosphere, very friendly and helpful colleagues. I received a good training and was given quite a bit of freedom on how to deal with my tasks. Had the opportunity to visit store locations.
Excellent Atmosphere
e-Commerce Release Manager (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire18 September 2017
Coordinate releases into multiple non-production environments. People are willing to help you achieve. Ability to work with different suppliers on a single project.
Not a nice place
Cash office associate (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire6 September 2017
Managers were lazy and rude. No consideration for staff to progress unless you were kissing backsides and bending over backwards even if you were loyal and good at your job. Overworked! No overtime paid and kept unpaid after shift finished (would lock the exits so you couldn't leave). Breaks were not given or allocated considerately. Literally had to beg to take lunch. Awful place to work. 2 years and got paid minimum for doing cash office duties because of my age at the time when I should have received a lot more.
Cons
Managers
productive and fun workplace.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Watford30 July 2017
I met a lot of interesting and experienced people who gave me insight to their day to day jobs. The buying and merchandising crew were especially helpful with the time they gave me.
Poor Senior Management Team
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire7 July 2017
The European business has at it core a group of senior managers who predominantly focus their time on protecting their own positions rather than taking the business forward.
OK place to work, but I was made to leave for no good reason in my opinion.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire2 June 2017
I recognise that my review is bleak, but it is my honest opinion.

3 months into working at TJX, I didn't come into work 2 days in a row. The first day because I was ill, and the 2nd day because I had a doctor's appointment and a dentist appointment.

The next day I was asked to leave the company (!) despite my ability to prove all of the above, because of "lack of commitment".

I think working there for 3 months is proof of commitment. When I said I will provide proof of my illness and my doctor's and dentist appointment, they said they weren't interested.

The job itself was OK, (just menial administrative tasks), albeit repetitive and boring. Personally, I have had enough of admin work.
The best thing about my experience working at TJX was the people, who were in general very nice, friendly, sociable and interesting.
Pros
An overall decent working environment, friendly people
Cons
Some arbitrary and strict rules, You're "not allowed to be ill" while working there
Relaxed atmosphere
Website Administrator (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire9 May 2017
Staff are professional and the atmosphere was relaxed yet productive. Colleagues as well as more senior members of staff are very approachable about any issues.
Pros
Staff canteen and sample sales
Say goodbye to your life
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire2 April 2017
long hours, spoken to like you are a monkey, no support from management, too many chiefs, not enough people doing the actual work. No recognition for hard work or heaven forbid a thank you.
Best thing was the sample sales which they no longer do.
Friendly yet arduous.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Watford13 February 2017
As much as my memory recalls, the place itself was alright yet arduous to work among. The people were lovely yet were very on edge, yet were nice to speak with.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Very demanding
Buyers Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Watford23 October 2016
Very demanding, stressful workloads. Too much expectation on an individual to complete an almost impossible workload. Company focuses on a culture of relationship building, more so than getting a good job done. Yet, does not arrange team activities. More than often you have to work up to an hour over your contracted hours, daily, and end up having to work through lunch. No scope to progress upwards to a higher grade or
Cons
Long hours. Heavy, stressful workload
Fun working environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford1 February 2016
I think that tk maxx is a brilliant company and I enjoyed working there. They have great deals and the employers are very friendly.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Very busy
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Watford, ENG10 September 2015
There are many new products that we get to learn about, the price differences and the uniqueness of a product.
Get to learn new things on regular basis.
Always start fresh and energetic.
good bond with the co-workers
can get a bit clumsy if there is a pile of work.
the most enjoyable part of the job would be to meet different kinds of people on daily basis, and to learn from them and possibly see a happy customer whenever a good customer service is provided.
Professional and challenging
Senior Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Watford, ENG17 July 2015
Professional, friendly and fun place to work.
Mangers are supportive and very helpful colleagues.
I enjoyed working there, everyday was different and I learnt a lot.
Fast developing growing company
Finance Distribution Centre Analyst Manager (Former Employee) –  Watford, ENG10 July 2014
Always interesting, challenging and changing environment.
Staring around 06:30 am travelling to facility within Europe. Spending time coaching and developing team members, Ensuring financial integrity within the facility processes. reviewing process and procedures and meeting with directors and managers to influence best practice to minimise shrink for the company, resulting in improved results on going.
Pros
Exciting expanding company
na
A P Supervisor Merchandise/Freight/Duty (Current Employee) –  watford10 July 2014
TJX Europe is a great company to work for, with excellent benefits.
Great team, busy and fun work place
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Watford, ENG12 January 2014
I was working in the HR Service Centre for TJX Europe. The team I worked with were welcoming, hard working and easy and fun to work with. My responsibilities were:

•Pension Auto Enrolment activities
•Handling Associate’s confidential information in a professional manner
•Oracle HR database core user testing and data entry
•Producing New Starter Packs for new Associates and Graduates
•Producing, sending and requesting employment references
•Filing
•Other duties as directed by my Line Manager
Pros
Welcoming environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K