The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in Walsall

great company
Flexible warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Walsall3 January 2018
I enjoyed working for TK Maxx. it was a great opportunity for me. the work is good and there is always something to do. It was a healthy environment and the people were nice.
no good
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Walsall24 August 2017
gave me a broom when i was there said that was my job but wasnt when i applied for warehouse operative and passed all the assesment which they set with flying colours
Fast paced
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands8 August 2017
9 hours shifts working on a rotation work 2 weekends a month if your motivated you could go far .......................................................
Good Culture
Department First Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands30 July 2017
Great place to work, Highly engaged with its people, All about driving development and the right culture.

Good to its people loads of development opportunities.
Good job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands2 June 2017
Good job, but you need working very quickly. Some times is very hard and heavy work. During 9 hours working time you have only one break to lunch. Great people.
manual worker
manual worker (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands20 March 2017
It IS work shift, in the factory there is a culture of work, is the canteen. standard safety work, superiors are cultured and friendly employee. i like this job.
great work place
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walsall17 March 2017
i enjoyed my time working here as i was able to learn a lot during my short time there. i was busy during most shifts so i was rarely idle. this is a great place to work for your first job
unhappy
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands10 March 2017
a typical dead end job,pays ok, weak management and no progression .
no more
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands27 January 2017
very hard work especially for hands, in constant rush. changes are set so that someone who has children does not have time to rest.
was quite good
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Walsall15 December 2016
work was hard and very fast with little to no support from Russians/polish workers luckily found a few nice English chaps and friend people to try and stay working with as better environment. management get angry when you talk to each other and get sarcastic , lunch break is quite short but decent at 30 mins, long work time between breaks as work starts at 6am - 3pm break at 10 for 30 minutes and home time is at 2:45 as no break is within 4 hours they let you leave 15 minutes early is your still able to walk and not blistered to death HAHAHA

i learned do not trust russians! they were all so grumpy!!
Pros
morning shifts, pay rate
Cons
co-workers, manager, temporary position
descent place to work at
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands3 December 2016
not a bad place to work at, some good staff also relaxing environment, apart from that you get fully trained on everything and it has a very good canteen with nice food. was worth the morning breakfast when had first break.
Pros
nice canteen
Cons
tjx europe green lane walsall
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Walsall26 October 2016
I started at tjx threw an agency staffline and the agency Is as corrupt as tjx it self staffline manager charged foreign workers for there contracts didn't pay the employees there holiday pay instead swindled money into is own account and then if you get a contract get ready to be treated like something off the bottom of the managers shoes I think this is why they employ alot of eastern Europeans so they can exploit them.ridiculous daily targets and your either stood standing in the same spot for 9 hours aday if ticketing and constantly walking 10+ miles aday if orderpicking only go here if your desperate.
Pros
non
Cons
long hours anti social shifts bad management
New things to be learned
Lead associate/ associate (Current Employee) –  Walsall19 October 2016
Good company to work for.
A lot of training in different departments is offered if you want to better yourself.
The shift patterns can be a bit hard but you get used to it.
Pros
Breaks paid for
Cons
Shift pattern
Racist company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Walsall16 September 2016
This company is totally racist...Its gives polish people the job even when the suck at the job. I would not work there again even if you paid me 5000 pound a day. Its the place I have ever worked.
Pros
Cons
If your English then you get treated like dirt
It's poor
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Walsall21 August 2016
This workplace is the most boring place ever the time drags and the magament to this place is absolutely appalling they treat you like dirt and it's like a favouritism game..staff line agency treat you like a dog because they know there higher than you any good thing about this place is the wages
Pros
Wages
Awful
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Walsall3 August 2016
Hated working here, worst place I've ever worked, standing at a bench for 8.5 hours really killed my feet and my back. Expected to do unrealistic amounts of units every hour. It depends on the stock you get, if it is easy then it is possible but if you have to de-trash a lot or bubble wrap it can take ages. Management are vile, never tell you you are doing good, only when you are doing something wrong. They never smile at you or ask how you are doing either, just give you dirty looks. Training was ridiculous as we had 6 different trainers over 6 days and every one told us different things and one of them is a bare faced liar. Some of them never told us things that were important as well. I think the breaks are awful as well as we only get half an hour on a 9 hour shift when we are standing for so long. I think we should get like an extra 20 minutes or something. So glad I have left the place, I will not be working there again. I don't think the management team or the lead care about the staff at all. It's also boring and depressing standing at the bench and doing nothing but the same thing over and over again.
Pros
Cons
Standing in one spot for 8.5 hours, management, training
tkmax
Associate (Former Employee) –  Walsall18 March 2016
tkmax is a hard environment for working when you have children. other than that its pretty good. When working at this company its all about speed you have a 3 month trial where you have to be quick.
Pros
your job is the same each day.
Cons
you have to work shhift works
Productive workspace.
Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Walsall14 March 2016
Friendly managers, helpful co-workers. The hardest part of this job are variable shift ( 6.00 - 15.00 and 15.00- 00.00).
work ethics
Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Walsall15 December 2015
firstlywe have the line manager brief us all on the state of the goods we have to process for the shift,what is needed to be done,and we are all encouraged to keep the pace.before the end of the shift we do house keeping and make sure everywhere is clean and safe.then we clock out,
did not enjoy
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Walsall3 December 2015
you got paid good money but had non socialable hours and you went from earlies to nights. i didnt not find it fun or nice to work there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K