The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in Manchester

great place to work
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 June 2018
Working at TKMAXX, was an invaluable experience , working with young and old alike. Staff and management always worked well together , and i always felt part of a team.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
can't think of any
Good Place, long hours
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester29 April 2018
Great working environment, staff act like a true team to help get through the day. Management see you as a person rather than a tool. Pay is pleasant compared to other retails
fun and productive
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 May 2017
A typical day at work is basically serving customers, putting stock out and helping customers with any enquiries they might have. I learned how to use the de-tagger. Learned how to use the electronic tills. I met some fantastic people working here, the staff are really friendly and great to get on with. hardest part of the job is getting the queue down before it starts making people angry and upset.
Efficient and friendly workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester13 February 2017
A typical day at work begins either on the cashier desks or on floor maintenance. Cashiering requires dealing with customers swiftly and amicably; enquiring whether there would be anything else I could assist them with. I handled cash, card and voucher payments. Communicating with a front line controller kept the busy till operations running smoothly. On the shop floor, it is the always busy, clearing fallen stock, incorrectly placed stock, etc.
You will be asked when it dies down to put out any stock that has accumulated behind the tills out into their corresponding sections. After customers leave you will be directed to sections that most need tidying by the floor managers and they are quite efficient at getting things done well and quickly in small groups or teams.
The workplace culture is to deliver an excellent standard of customer service and while some employees would rather not put that smile on, it really isn't that overbearing. And basically, the managers are friendly and approachable, the frontline controllers are also very willing to help, and thus a happy and comfortable employee makes for happy and comfortable employees. Dive into the workforce and don't shirk your duties, and you will find without much effort, you can do a great job here.
You will have to work hard, with never a dull moment, but your work is always appreciated and you need never be afraid to ask for assistance.
Pros
Helpful, competent and friendly managers
Cons
closing shift often requires one to stay later than the end of one's scheduled shift, by possibly 30 mins
Great culture!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Manchester10 January 2017
Brilliant place to work. I began my retail career with TJX Europe after leaving my precious position following maternity leave and I could not believe the contrast! Small management teams and flexible shift patterns coupled with a good selection of benefits and competitive pay.
Business that's like family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 November 2016
It's a business that is looking for people that want to have their own success story. They train you to do door to door sales and they help you try and build your skills and try to help you build your own business and develop yourself.
Pros
Treat you like family and put a lot of effort into you and make sure you are doing well
Cons
eye opening, learning curve.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester21 September 2016
A welcoming place. Friendly staff, I enjoyed making my way to work.
I learned key retail skills i.e. customer service, cashier role, stockroom, supervisory.
Typical retail job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester30 August 2016
During my time at TK Maxx, I was overworked as I was given more hours than i requested and could handle (was in full time education). The job can be very demanding such as being on fitting rooms for a whole 4 hours with no break.
Cons
work in an environment where I belong and feel accepted
Shop assistant (part time) (Current Employee) –  Manchester18 August 2016
What I expect from work is to join a team, surrounded by people who is both nice and professional. Most of my work experience is based on doing administration stuff, either as part of a team or individually.
Pros
Learning and growing professionally
Cons
Part time
productive fun worplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 July 2016
chilled out, fun relaxing enjoyable and good people. get to make a lot of independent choices and stay sociable outside of work too.
a fun and educating place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester30 March 2016
a typical day at work would be arriving on time stepping through the doors being greeted by the staff every time walking up the stairs into the staff room chechking the rotar and seeing what was to be done. one of the things i learned about working there was it showed my what the world of work was like it was a life changing moment for me i mean it was hard but there was the managment team to help me through the process one of the hardest parts of the job was working on the till but my co-workers showed me what to do and i would haft to say it was one of the most enjoyable part of the job getting on the the satff themselves.
Pros
having a good team of staff on my side
Cons
the main store manager didnt like me very much
Friendly work colleagues/sales assistants
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester13 February 2016
TK Maxx was fun to work in apart from only getting out the shop at 10:30pm on the run up to Christmas. Some managers take the job way too seriously, unfriendly and try to belittle you.
Productive and great workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG3 February 2016
It has been my first work in UK and was a big opportunity. I worked in many differents roles, in cashering, fitting rooms, maitenance...in Spain I used to work in jobs near the customers, and I have ability to deal with the customer.

I have learned a lot, because I didn´t have one mission, depends of the day I worked in different place, so the managers teached me few skills to improve. In my opinion the hardest part of the job was the maitenance, because TK Maxx is a big store, and the better part of the job is being close to the customer.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Only part time contract
Good Working Enviroment
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG4 November 2015
Attending an early morning team brief to daily targets such as how much the store as a whole has taken, stock levels, which department are selling the most products. During the briefing a member of the management would assign duties. When on the shop floor would to your assigned duties and carry out general customer duties, interaction was key to this good working environment and good customer service. I was trained to use the store equipment. The supervisor/management was always on hand to help. My co-workers where fun and helpful which made the work environment fun and relaxing which took the pressure of a busy atmosphere at peak times. For me the enjoyable part at working at this company was interacting with the customers.
Great and intruiging experience.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, ENG21 August 2015
My typical day in TKmaxx involved getting to work early, logging in to the system and starting my day on either the ground floor or the upper floor, depending on the requirement. My job was to be a sales assistant. I learned how to cope in a busy, challenging environment between grateful customers and a great team. The managers were always helpful and supported the staff a lot. The hardest part of the job for me was when I had to do tax return on items as I found the process quite challenging to remember. However, I've enjoyed that job because it helped me to gain skills, experience and responsibilities.
Pros
Good pay for a student.
Cons
Only a three month Christmas Temp contract.
8 hour contract after 3 years working for the company NEVER AGAIN!!!!
Back Room Stock and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG21 August 2015
this company exploits 0 to 8 hour contract. they shouldn't be allowed to operate do not even apply you'll waste your time don't even shop their let them go bust
Tk-Maxx
Customer Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 August 2015
I was at university at the time and doing this work at the same time improvement my time management skills to balance conflicting priorities. it was bout answering customer quires and helping to solve problems, selling products and services giving refunds.
Pros
challenging
Cons
rewarding
fun workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG14 September 2014
As a sales associate I have successfully able to demonstrate the following skills:

 Dealing with customer inquiries over the telephone
 Delivering professional customer service at all times
 Working on Customer Service Desk
 Offering advice on goods/products
 Using creative ideas to promote new goods in store
 Being open and approachable to customers and work colleagues

This role has equipped me with strong interpersonal, customer service and sale skills, as well as expanding my knowledge on problem solving and teamwork. I showed initiative to work independently in order to get task done suitably. I am able to handle different situations by adapting my skills which I have gained from training. I am able to demonstrate personal skills, such as, being attentive, resolving, empathic, and conversational in different context.
productive fun work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, ENG28 August 2014
My usual day at work consists of me on the children department. Putting stock out in the correct places, helping customers, keeping my department clean and tidy, filling up features, checking correct signage. I also work on the till when needed or any other department as required. Cash handling, customer service, returns.

I have learnt how to interact with customers and help them with there needs such as sizing of clothes,

I work with very friendly and approachable co-workers and friendly and helpful management.

The hardest part of the job is to keep up the fast pace of the busy working day.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers and lovely customers.
Friendly workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG5 May 2014
Very busy atmosphere but friendly and hardworking team which made a typical day in the shop not that stressful. Management team was helpful when needed. I must say the most enjoyable part about this job was the friendly and hardworking team within the store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K