The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in London

Found 122 reviews matching the search See all 4,995 reviews
whole mess
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London4 October 2018
this company is a joke .communication between colleagues and management in really bad.they favour people only they know very biased.everything is a mess
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cash Office Associate , Cashier , Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London24 August 2018
My experience of working in TKMaxx up until now is the best I could get as a fresher. I got to learn new things with the fellow associates and the management. Together we rock!
Pros
many
Team Leader
Cash operation
Charity work
Positive
Teamwork,career opportunities
Sales Assistant / Team Leader / Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 August 2018
Customer and teamwork focused workplace. As a main responsability I had to drive a team of 8,9 people or more during trade hours. Monitoring sales is a every day task. Face to face custumer and contractor communication, dealing with complains, making sure that day to day duties are achieved. Following closing and safety procedures at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part is that we build a familiar environment and teamwork is a must.
Pros
Salary, environment
Cons
long hours/weekends/holidays
Consuming job culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London18 August 2018
A typical day at work consisted of being told whether to work at the cashier or changing rooms or on the floor dependent on where you were needed or not. I received no proper training only what my colleagues hastily taught me as we had no time during the shift. The management was an absolute mess as different managers would often disagree and the lower employees would have a difficult time deciding which request to listen to. In only four months we had two different branch managers and as soon as the new branch manager was employed, I was fired. This job does however teach you how to deal with situations where you had little time and a lot to do.
Pros
10% employee discount
Cons
short lunch breaks, no real employee benefits, employee discount only 10% for ridiculous shifts and rude fellow employees.
challenge
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London19 July 2018
Customer service, deal with requests and orders swiftly and efficiently to maximize customer
experience.
Ensure stock replenishment of the shop floor is carried out regularly and efficiently. Notify
management of low stock levels.
Housekeeping.
Carry out delegated tasks efficiently and within set time frame.
Product knowledge.
Cashier duties, I spended more time doing cachier and leaning how to deal with returns and damaged of products.
Interesting
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 July 2018
My current job as a front-line manager in Tk Maxx has helped me to fully understand how a business organisation works and the importance of having amazing costumer skills and the importance of being consistent during all the time in every aspect of business requirements and business needs. This job has fully equipped me with all the necessary skills and knowledge and has made me feel comfortable to move on into my next step on working in a proper business organisation. This job consists on reaching organisation daily targets, dealing with money transaction and card transactions, dealing with different organisations that work with Tk Maxx to make sure to receive the full and consistent service from them, by solving any issues that may arise.
Fun work place
Customer Services Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 June 2018
Good place to work in.. friendly and team work.
They are very organised and treat you as family

It's a very fast growing company, open few store a year
Great pay
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London18 June 2018
Very good company to work for- great pay and great people to work with
Relaxed atmosphere!
Management is wobbly- some managers are great people whereas the others aren't so much
Big company with startup mindset
Senior Allocation Analyst (Current Employee) –  London12 June 2018
Most people forget that TJX is a fortune 100 company because of its culture. Doors are open, everyone is heard and people a generally nice. The company invests a lot in its employees through advanced training programs and by encouraging relationships building.
Pros
Nice atmosphere / Advanced training
Cons
Located in Watford
Fun Workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London21 May 2018
Although there was a lot to do, everyone had fun. Working at TK Maxx was an amazing experience. The managers there are the friendliest of people and they love helping out customers.
I personally had a great time while I was working there.
Amazing job
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  London10 May 2018
Amazing job with beautiful customers and friendly team.I learned a lot about my customer service, improved my english and also learned a lot about stock rooms, visual merchandising, being very patient and help people when they need it
Pros
Associate disccount
Cons
not enough hours
Productive, fast paced worklife
Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  London3 April 2018
Very professional work place. Working day moves quickly and you feel accomplished.
Always a lot of work to do however very high expectations and training isn't the most effective.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
High Expectations
Not bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London6 March 2018
It's not a bad place to work.
Pay rate is average and people are nice.

Because they sell cheaper products it feels like the store is on sale all the time. So it's always busy.
Good work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London25 January 2018
- Great pay -> the pay is above average
- Hard work - > your required to multitask and complete several task quickly
- Good Staff -> most of staff were generally nicehowver some were lazy
- Overall great work environment
- fast pace work environment
Good job place
Customer Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London19 December 2017
Busy day, a lot of work to do. I learned how to work in retail section.
Management was good but could be better. High workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was in Christmas time. Really busy and a lot of work. The most enjoyable part of the job, you can meet a lot of interesting people and chat with them.
Management needs a bit of work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, UK30 November 2017
Working at TK was often stressful when the teams weren't working together but overall ok. The management didn't seem to communicate amongst each other and that was often apparent when we would ask different management members the same questions and receive difference answers.
But everyone was friendly enough, and it was a good part time job with flexibility.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Short breaks, poor management at times
i hated it
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London24 October 2017
i worked only for 2 months, they were horrible and rude even on my first day. i had yo clean up cake all over the floor but they had cleaners to do it but no one would. they made we work ridiculous hours. worst working experience ever.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Excellent place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 October 2017
Very nice colleague, i really like serving customers,the management are really nice yo work with.There ain't no hard park in my job because we all work together to get things done.
I was 16
Sales Assistant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2017
Being 16 I don't really know, like any other retail industry with the bonus of getting discount on good items. its asking me for more words to write, hence what you are reading now.
Pros
can find a bargain
Cons
another retail industry that treats you poorly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K