The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in London

Fun Workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London21 May 2018
Although there was a lot to do, everyone had fun. Working at TK Maxx was an amazing experience. The managers there are the friendliest of people and they love helping out customers.
I personally had a great time while I was working there.
Amazing job
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  London10 May 2018
Amazing job with beautiful customers and friendly team.I learned a lot about my customer service, improved my english and also learned a lot about stock rooms, visual merchandising, being very patient and help people when they need it
Pros
Associate disccount
Cons
not enough hours
Not bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London6 March 2018
It's not a bad place to work.
Pay rate is average and people are nice.

Because they sell cheaper products it feels like the store is on sale all the time. So it's always busy.
Good work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London25 January 2018
- Great pay -> the pay is above average
- Hard work - > your required to multitask and complete several task quickly
- Good Staff -> most of staff were generally nicehowver some were lazy
- Overall great work environment
- fast pace work environment
Good job place
Customer Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London19 December 2017
Busy day, a lot of work to do. I learned how to work in retail section.
Management was good but could be better. High workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was in Christmas time. Really busy and a lot of work. The most enjoyable part of the job, you can meet a lot of interesting people and chat with them.
Management needs a bit of work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, UK30 November 2017
Working at TK was often stressful when the teams weren't working together but overall ok. The management didn't seem to communicate amongst each other and that was often apparent when we would ask different management members the same questions and receive difference answers.
But everyone was friendly enough, and it was a good part time job with flexibility.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Short breaks, poor management at times
i hated it
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London24 October 2017
i worked only for 2 months, they were horrible and rude even on my first day. i had yo clean up cake all over the floor but they had cleaners to do it but no one would. they made we work ridiculous hours. worst working experience ever.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Excellent place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 October 2017
Very nice colleague, i really like serving customers,the management are really nice yo work with.There ain't no hard park in my job because we all work together to get things done.
I was 16
Sales Assistant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2017
Being 16 I don't really know, like any other retail industry with the bonus of getting discount on good items. its asking me for more words to write, hence what you are reading now.
Pros
can find a bargain
Cons
another retail industry that treats you poorly
Very productive and a fantastic company
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London13 September 2017
Overall a great company to work for you'll love the work only if you love working hard and only if you are great at details and are a paced person otherwise you will not like it as much.

Want to know more about The TJX Companies, Inc.?

Ask a question
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London11 September 2017
• Providing excellent face to face customer service also over the phone
• Processing customer invoice sheets
• Dealing with customer enquiries
• Booking in customer appointments
• Helping customers fulfil their needs
• Taking cash & card payment for purchases
• Maintaining a positive attitude
• Ordering of correct glass individualized vehicle
Great place to be
Customer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 August 2017
Set out in a simple, modern and spacious way, TK Maxx and HomeSense stores across Europe offer a smart, no-frills shopping experience - meaning we can pass the savings back to our customers.

There is always a real buzz in the air - with deliveries arriving every day and a changing mix of the best brands and top labels, our store people thrive on the fact that no 2 days are the same.

Working in one of our stores, you'll be surrounded by creative and energetic people who share a real passion for what they do. They're a resilient group of individuals, all determined to succeed. Even so, they're not afraid to ask for help when they need it, and you'll find they're always willing to roll up their sleeves and lend a hand.

TK MAXX
Beacons of heavenly fashion labels to anyone who claims to be a fashionista, bargain-hunter or savvy shopper, TK Maxx stores are stocked to the rafters with an average of 50,000 articles of ladieswear, menswear, childrenswear, toys, shoes, accessories and homeware. Each store receives daily deliveries and here's the exciting bit - you never really know what's going to turn up in your store!

Our managers and associates work hard to keep new stock moving onto the shop floor, highlight the best products in our feature areas, and keep the customers happy whether at the fitting rooms, on the shop floor or at our tills.
TK Maxx
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 August 2017
Fun place to work and really enjoyable. Hardest part of the job is management enjoyable part of the job was working with really nice people. Areas should be signposted so people can find the items
Pros
Good experience
Cons
No contract at the end if you are christmas staff
fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London26 July 2017
Fast environment has its benefits. A variety of skills and abilities are learnt which assist further in career within other sectors. Depending on location, the business is multicultural
Fast-paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London22 July 2017
- A lot of creative freedom in terms of feature displays and visual merchandising
- Get trained on different departments which makes you flexible within the company
- Get to familiarise yourself with brands and what sells well to maximise sales
- Safe, friendly environment
- Bring able to quickly re-merchandise stock and flow of products
freedom
Loss Prevention Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 July 2017
Good place to work, good career prospects. Freedom to choose your way of how to schedule your day and way of working to get the goal. Support when you needed and flexible work place
Good Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 July 2017
Typical day is merchandising and blocking the shelves.
Greeting customers and aiding them with finding items and suggesting some as well.
Really nice co-workers.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Very hot in the store
Tough company, generally poor management skills
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee) –  London27 June 2017
Its a very tough company to work for, very results driven and can often be extremely unrealistic and overly demanding of expectations. in my seven years experience good managers are rare, most of them are brain washed robots with zero people skills, zero motivational skills and are far too demanding.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London17 June 2017
Lovely work environment and really felt like a family over there. The management was incredible as she really showed me all the area's of improvement in my work. A typical day was that i entered the workplace laughed with the manager and then proceeded to work.
Pros
Discounts
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 June 2017
Serving customers and replenishing stock.

Great Management Structure.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with their shopping needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K