The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in London

Consuming job culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London18 August 2018
A typical day at work consisted of being told whether to work at the cashier or changing rooms or on the floor dependent on where you were needed or not. I received no proper training only what my colleagues hastily taught me as we had no time during the shift. The management was an absolute mess as different managers would often disagree and the lower employees would have a difficult time deciding which request to listen to. In only four months we had two different branch managers and as soon as the new branch manager was employed, I was fired. This job does however teach you how to deal with situations where you had little time and a lot to do.
Pros
10% employee discount
Cons
short lunch breaks, no real employee benefits, employee discount only 10% for ridiculous shifts and rude fellow employees.
challenge
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London19 July 2018
Customer service, deal with requests and orders swiftly and efficiently to maximize customer
experience.
Ensure stock replenishment of the shop floor is carried out regularly and efficiently. Notify
management of low stock levels.
Housekeeping.
Carry out delegated tasks efficiently and within set time frame.
Product knowledge.
Cashier duties, I spended more time doing cachier and leaning how to deal with returns and damaged of products.
Interesting
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 July 2018
My current job as a front-line manager in Tk Maxx has helped me to fully understand how a business organisation works and the importance of having amazing costumer skills and the importance of being consistent during all the time in every aspect of business requirements and business needs. This job has fully equipped me with all the necessary skills and knowledge and has made me feel comfortable to move on into my next step on working in a proper business organisation. This job consists on reaching organisation daily targets, dealing with money transaction and card transactions, dealing with different organisations that work with Tk Maxx to make sure to receive the full and consistent service from them, by solving any issues that may arise.
Fun work place
Customer Services Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 June 2018
Good place to work in.. friendly and team work.
They are very organised and treat you as family

It's a very fast growing company, open few store a year
Great pay
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London18 June 2018
Very good company to work for- great pay and great people to work with
Relaxed atmosphere!
Management is wobbly- some managers are great people whereas the others aren't so much
Big company with startup mindset
Senior Allocation Analyst (Current Employee) –  London12 June 2018
Most people forget that TJX is a fortune 100 company because of its culture. Doors are open, everyone is heard and people a generally nice. The company invests a lot in its employees through advanced training programs and by encouraging relationships building.
Pros
Nice atmosphere / Advanced training
Cons
Located in Watford
Fun Workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London21 May 2018
Although there was a lot to do, everyone had fun. Working at TK Maxx was an amazing experience. The managers there are the friendliest of people and they love helping out customers.
I personally had a great time while I was working there.
Amazing job
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  London10 May 2018
Amazing job with beautiful customers and friendly team.I learned a lot about my customer service, improved my english and also learned a lot about stock rooms, visual merchandising, being very patient and help people when they need it
Pros
Associate disccount
Cons
not enough hours
Productive, fast paced worklife
Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  London3 April 2018
Very professional work place. Working day moves quickly and you feel accomplished.
Always a lot of work to do however very high expectations and training isn't the most effective.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
High Expectations
Not bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London6 March 2018
It's not a bad place to work.
Pay rate is average and people are nice.

Because they sell cheaper products it feels like the store is on sale all the time. So it's always busy.
Good work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London25 January 2018
- Great pay -> the pay is above average
- Hard work - > your required to multitask and complete several task quickly
- Good Staff -> most of staff were generally nicehowver some were lazy
- Overall great work environment
- fast pace work environment
Good job place
Customer Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London19 December 2017
Busy day, a lot of work to do. I learned how to work in retail section.
Management was good but could be better. High workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was in Christmas time. Really busy and a lot of work. The most enjoyable part of the job, you can meet a lot of interesting people and chat with them.
Management needs a bit of work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, UK30 November 2017
Working at TK was often stressful when the teams weren't working together but overall ok. The management didn't seem to communicate amongst each other and that was often apparent when we would ask different management members the same questions and receive difference answers.
But everyone was friendly enough, and it was a good part time job with flexibility.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Short breaks, poor management at times
i hated it
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London24 October 2017
i worked only for 2 months, they were horrible and rude even on my first day. i had yo clean up cake all over the floor but they had cleaners to do it but no one would. they made we work ridiculous hours. worst working experience ever.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Excellent place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 October 2017
Very nice colleague, i really like serving customers,the management are really nice yo work with.There ain't no hard park in my job because we all work together to get things done.
I was 16
Sales Assistant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2017
Being 16 I don't really know, like any other retail industry with the bonus of getting discount on good items. its asking me for more words to write, hence what you are reading now.
Pros
can find a bargain
Cons
another retail industry that treats you poorly
Very productive and a fantastic company
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London13 September 2017
Overall a great company to work for you'll love the work only if you love working hard and only if you are great at details and are a paced person otherwise you will not like it as much.
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London11 September 2017
• Providing excellent face to face customer service also over the phone
• Processing customer invoice sheets
• Dealing with customer enquiries
• Booking in customer appointments
• Helping customers fulfil their needs
• Taking cash & card payment for purchases
• Maintaining a positive attitude
• Ordering of correct glass individualized vehicle
Great place to be
Customer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 August 2017
Set out in a simple, modern and spacious way, TK Maxx and HomeSense stores across Europe offer a smart, no-frills shopping experience - meaning we can pass the savings back to our customers.

There is always a real buzz in the air - with deliveries arriving every day and a changing mix of the best brands and top labels, our store people thrive on the fact that no 2 days are the same.

Working in one of our stores, you'll be surrounded by creative and energetic people who share a real passion for what they do. They're a resilient group of individuals, all determined to succeed. Even so, they're not afraid to ask for help when they need it, and you'll find they're always willing to roll up their sleeves and lend a hand.

TK MAXX
Beacons of heavenly fashion labels to anyone who claims to be a fashionista, bargain-hunter or savvy shopper, TK Maxx stores are stocked to the rafters with an average of 50,000 articles of ladieswear, menswear, childrenswear, toys, shoes, accessories and homeware. Each store receives daily deliveries and here's the exciting bit - you never really know what's going to turn up in your store!

Our managers and associates work hard to keep new stock moving onto the shop floor, highlight the best products in our feature areas, and keep the customers happy whether at the fitting rooms, on the shop floor or at our tills.
TK Maxx
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 August 2017
Fun place to work and really enjoyable. Hardest part of the job is management enjoyable part of the job was working with really nice people. Areas should be signposted so people can find the items
Pros
Good experience
Cons
No contract at the end if you are christmas staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K