The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Hard work culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 May 2018
Banking
Pickup up cloths of the floor
Samping old stock turning it around in 6 hours
Reviewing the team
Customer orders
Customer feedbacks

Work place culture hard and recovering the store each night as there was never enough team members.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the staff.
Pros
Nice staff room
Cons
Long, long hours
Too young to appreciate what I had
FRONT LINE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham23 October 2017
A front line manager at the age of 17, with over 70 staff, I didn't appreciate how lucky I was and how little stress I was under compared to more recent roles. Some aggressive management styles, however these were localised to stores and not part of the company as a whole.
Great pay, not so great management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 October 2017
The pay is great, management wasn't the best and obtaining holidays or more/less hours of work was a struggle.

Workplace culture was okay. Hardest part of the job was dealing with management but the most enjoyable for me was the customers.
sales assistant
Part time, Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  birmingham26 June 2017
A very professional company to work for, benefits such as discounts and good quality and branded clothing at good prices. The several different departments allows you to get a feel of the different sections of the store allowing you to have knowledge of all the stock in different departments.
was a fun place to work
Sales Assistant / Visual Merchandiser / Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham10 May 2017
worked on all deppartments even did a bit of floor managent did some cashing up did abit of everything to be fair enjoyed workin there met some grate people who i still talk to now
Busy, high energy studio environment
TEMP (Former Employee) –  Birmingham25 October 2016
Highly energetic, productive atmosphere, where shoot co-ordination of 50 products per day shot.

Team worked well together to make standards on set were high and work was being done to maximum effect.
Productive work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham29 August 2016
Very welcoming staff and there was always a friendly atmosphere, always busy and the company kept me on my toes, never a dull moment. TJX cared for their staff.
Enjoyable work place and productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham21 May 2016
I enjoyed working at TKMaxx as it gave me an insight into busy working days and dealing with customers witch was my favorite part of work. TKMaxx was a great opportunity and I learnt a range of skill from working there such as improving on my confidence and customer service skills.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
Long Hours
good workplace
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Birmingham27 April 2016
as a second job, TKMAXX taught me how to work hard, push myself to the limit to achieve my daily task as well how to work as part of a team to finish all tasks assigned to my department.
Pros
People
Cons
Money
fun workplace
Christmas Temporary Staff (Former Employee) –  Birmingham27 February 2016
I enjoyed working in a fast paced, customer orientated job role and relished the business that this business could bring.
Pros
hours
Cons
temp role
offered me to work with other nationals so I was able to know other cultures and had no problems with that
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, UK6 November 2015
The only challenge was the expiry of visa, otherwise it was wonderful to work in another country and being a team leader. Working with different nationals was a great experience
Pros
staff priveldget o buy on credit
Cons
long hours especially during chrismas time, I worked with little rest.
Friendly workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG26 October 2015
I enjoy working at TKMAXX as all staff where new in a new store we where made to feel very welcome. Training was brilliant and we learnt a lot. I enjoy working on front line the most being able to interact with customers and keeping busy throughout the day. The management team are supportive however some find it difficult to approach managers with questions.
Pros
10% discount, making friends within staff
Cons
Transport to and from
easy work place
Online Shop Assistant/Retail-Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG28 September 2015
lovely job for people that has English difficulties. No strong English is required. Job is easy but sometimes can get stressful over Christmas period.

People that work at this play likes to talk behind your back so that can create job environment that is not very enjoyable.
Pros
meeting many people
Cons
no talking is allowed
not too bad could be better
Sales Associate/ Stock Room (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG8 August 2015
I didnt mind working for tjx/tkmaxx but the hour where very bad and awful i just managed to pay my bills off with the wage let alone not have any money for myself.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Very short hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham21 June 2015
Very busy workplace due to how big it is. Time was always spent productively because there was always something to do. Learnt about time management
Productive and innovative place to work
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham bullring15 June 2015
Tkmaxx is my first permanent job and working here for the length of time I have I have become very confident in my workplace and how the shop runs on a day to day basis.
With my store (Birmingham Bullring) being a max max store, it is always a fairly busy store with the weekends being incredibly busy. I thrive working in a busy environment and find it a lot more enjoyable when I am constantly on the move.
With Birmingham being a very cultural city I have learned a lot about how to interact with various customers that may not be able to speak much, if any, English. I have also learnt how well I work under pressure, how to organise myself and my colleagues, and how to prioritize tasks.
I have a wonderful team around me and we all work together as a team when needed, with communication being the key aspect. We recruit a lot of temporary staff around the summer and Christmas period so we are all 'buddied' up with a new member of staff so that we can help them learn and develop new skills and learn the everyday running of the store.
The hardest part of the job would be trying to keep on top of keeping the store tidy as well as completing tasks when the store is at its busiest but it is rare that tasks are not completed and solutions are found to overcome any problems.
The most enjoyable part of the job, is when it is really busy and everyone comes together to help and support and when I am managing part of a team to help keep that section under control.
Pros
10% discount (the occasional double discount weekend)
Cons
Less than a days notice with the rota for the next working week
doors
Customer Service Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  birmingham16 March 2015
driving around from warehouse to customers houses delivering goods.i have learnt a good understanding of the Birmingham roads.the manager was great .I worked with one other guy in the van.hardest part of the job was loading the van in order so we didn't do a lot of moving and lifting.i enjoyed driving from job to job.
TK Maxx
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG25 December 2014
This company is a quite good and I really enjoyed my work here. It was good and fun and I learnt a lot from my line manager too.
Productive and a enjoyable experience
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham6 October 2014
From the 2 weeks of work experience at TK MAXX I learnerd very much about the workplace and many skills. Each day i was given different roles and things to do which kept me on my feet and engaged and it was a great experience for me as i would love to work in retail and with a team with me. Some of the skills i picked up is from handling products to dealing with customer's inquiries to working at the till. The team that I worked with were very supportive which was the best part of the job, having a great team to work with.
Pros
Different Roles
Cons
Long Hours
Lack of structure within management
Frontline Manager (Current Employee) –  Bullring Birmingham16 November 2013
Cashing up and reconciliation of 19 tills. Banking of stores takings.
Managing Two banks of tills on two levels , supporting staff with keeping work area free of stock and helping with customer service. keeping the frontline, operating smoothly and efficiently. Dealing with customer enquiries and any disputes.
Operating excellent customer service on a very large scale.
Time management
Building excellent working relations
Keeping to schedule
Positive customer feed back
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours/ Renumeration package was not reflected for the job role.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K